Spider mites!!! Are these methods affective?!?! Need help plz!!!

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rippinvanwinkle

hey mang- i have had mites. i advise you to go the organic route with predatory mites etc(there's a breed that specifically feeds on s. mites). if you don't have much time i recommend a pyretherum fog bomb. The chemical is derived from the crysthanthium flower(im mis-spelling these words, but phonetics are there :) ). Afterward I would let them sit for a day or so...lights very dim so you don't burn them. next, spray with h20 to re-open stomata..also helps wash eggs etc.. lastly i would use a neem product, as most other folk stated. Einstein's is keen. Azamax and I don't get along. I used that stuff and didn't get my lights up high enough and really scorched'em. I like the foggers(just pyrethum) because they are low maintenance. Azamax has got to affect your flowers, yuck! but.. im not one to jusdge. gotta do whatcha gotta do. good luck

O

OneRedCup

I have had good success with Monterey Garden Spray. It is available for about $15 at Home Depot and contains spinosad, which is critical in eliminating the pesky spider mites. It is organic.

I spray it about once a month on my veg plants and have not had any bug issues in a long while. (Knocks on wood).

qupee

qupee

I have had good success with Monterey Garden Spray. It is available for about $15 at Home Depot and contains spinosad, which is critical in eliminating the pesky spider mites. It is organic.

I spray it about once a month on my veg plants and have not had any bug issues in a long while. (Knocks on wood).

I would not recommend Monterey Garden Spray, or any spinosad based product, for mite control.

"Spinosad is not effective at controlling mites at normal use rates "
--

C

critical

i think i may have missed a couple at the bottom of 1 or 2 plants leafs! unless its just old bite marks, thats what im hopeing! im guna keep spraying with my neem repel stuff and im thinking of geting them preditor mites Phytoseiulus Persimilis, does any1 know if they work 100% like they say?

click80

click80

i think i may have missed a couple at the bottom of 1 or 2 plants leafs! unless its just old bite marks, thats what im hopeing! im guna keep spraying with my neem repel stuff and im thinking of geting them preditor mites Phytoseiulus Persimilis, does any1 know if they work 100% like they say?

They work extremely well, this is from two people I know using them, no trouble getting them established, they both had experience with preds though...sometimes getting preds established can be tricky so I will again recommend Azamax though because of what I have experienced lately. Since I noticed a xouple posts by people saying they have had no luck with Neem or Azamax I have really starting paying attention to what results people are getting...I got a little lazy and had a slight outbreak of them and I did my little spray progrm and I have not had any signs of the borg in about 3 weeks now, I sprayed once with neem, waited 4 days, sprayed with azamax, waited one week and sprayed again with neem although i really think that last spray is not needed it does make me feel better. BUT, I do use some other things that could effect them (but i doubt it) I keep Marigolds around and I keep open bottles of Rosemary Tincture which is pretty potent smelling shit...Works way better thant Onagel...anyway, everyone I know in SW Colorado right now is either just getting over mites, just getting mites or gave the hell up. We have had a really bad year on pests in general according to the CSU extension office...and from what I have seen my friends do and from what I have experienced first hand with Azamax on not only my shit but others I have helped, I really cannot understand people saying they do not get good results with azamax, I know of at least 4 friends who will now use nothing but that...maybe it is just effective for my region and climate??

anyway good luck.

C

critical

does any1 know if its true that mites only stay on or near the leaf they was layed on and feed on? if so could an affective method of geting rid of them be to just chop all the leafs with bite marks on and/or the intire node connected to them off? if the theory is right then that would in affect remove every mite if every mite biten leaf is removed no? it wouldnt matter to me as the only affected leaf areas are right at the bottom of plant, that is if they are affected, like i said im hopeing the bite marks are from before i fucked em off coz like i said no sign of em in respect of web or visuals of live mites, but i see a couple of eggs under the leafs concerned..my only saveing graces could be that they are dead dud eggs n bite marks from before i nuked em all with the plant vitality plus which is said to kill all mites and eggs IF contacted directly, and the neem repel that i been spraying with for about a month every 3 days (and the day inbetween that iv been spraying straight water) is meant to leave a barrier over eggs which stops em from hatching n clogs the live 1s breathing ways apperently, it does leave a shiney oil like coat on my plants leaves so maybe...stay kool peeps

C

critical

oh and thanks again every1 for your input, its good to know peeps care ya know, i would help any1 in need 2 if i could, thats just straight good karma which is never a bad thing, peace out peeps....:banana1sv6:

C

critical

also iv heard that a simple can of insect spray like that blue can of raid could kill em n eradicate them, would it be harmful to your plants? my only concern is that

S

SasiGrl

I've battles this pest and lived to tell about it!

Azamax worked well for me applying it every 3 days; 3x's... I saw nothing after that... I also use Azamax systemically. I am now in week 2 of bud, so I'm checking my grlz all the time.....

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

What does everyone thing about sns-217?
I used to have some dirty rooms in the past with dirty clones,
I used this stuff every 3-4 days in the very beginning of veg.
Never had a spider mite since this stuff is the shit, i hear it attacks the spider mite eggs as well
I was blown away when i heard that claim, as far as i know i dont think theres another product like this.
never stopped using it since, come to think of it i barley i ever use it only in the first week or 2.

Getting rid of spider mites imho is just keepin the repetition of applying whatever you use from the START. Even if I dont see any mites I always spray mine especially if there from a collective. you might not see any mites but it doesn't mean there cant be a dormant egg waiting to hatch n fuck your shit up, that's why i love this sns 217 taking care of the eggs from the start saves you a HUGE headache in the end.I cant stress this enough to people who have mite problems. I would rather spray a couple times from the get go while there 2 or 3" instead of growing gray hairs, shitting bricks wondering why you have such a spider mite infestation with some 2 foot girls-NOT FUN

All in all just keep a very close eye on EVERY plant
spider mite infestations dont happen over night :nerd

Sns
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sns 217

I can honestly say it worked on some clones I was given that had mites

I got that small green bottle as a sample and used it every 3 days until it was gone - so were the mites

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Hell ya ml thats what im talkin about
how about the other clones? not so much help?
Ive had about 99.9% success with it
ftr imo, smells like roses too lol

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Hell ya ml thats what im talkin about
how about the other clones? not so much help?
Ive had about 99.9% success with it
ftr imo, smells like roses too lol

it was just 2 small clones - pretty ez to treat and keep an eye on - kept them in a dif building for 4 weeks

other then taking on those I havent (touch wood) had mites in a long ass time - never in fact at my current location

Im pretty anal about bringing new cuts into my grow

C

critical

What does everyone thing about sns-217?
I used to have some dirty rooms in the past with dirty clones,
I used this stuff every 3-4 days in the very beginning of veg.
Never had a spider mite since this stuff is the shit, i hear it attacks the spider mite eggs as well
I was blown away when i heard that claim, as far as i know i dont think theres another product like this.
never stopped using it since, come to think of it i barley i ever use it only in the first week or 2.

Getting rid of spider mites imho is just keepin the repetition of applying whatever you use from the START. Even if I dont see any mites I always spray mine especially if there from a collective. you might not see any mites but it doesn't mean there cant be a dormant egg waiting to hatch n fuck your shit up, that's why i love this sns 217 taking care of the eggs from the start saves you a HUGE headache in the end.I cant stress this enough to people who have mite problems. I would rather spray a couple times from the get go while there 2 or 3" instead of growing gray hairs, shitting bricks wondering why you have such a spider mite infestation with some 2 foot girls-NOT FUN

All in all just keep a very close eye on EVERY plant
spider mite infestations dont happen over night :nerd

thanks cali just what the docter ordered lol...im guna try get my hands on the stuff just incase, and is that a stafforshire bull terrier or a pit in ya profile pic? it looks like EXACTLY like my lil staff! she such a pucka, happy, loyal girl... peace out:banana1sv6:
oh p.s. nice 1 for seconding that also MOTHERLODE, much appritiated

green punk

green punk

The SNS 217 is spendy and it definitely works. Another product with rosemary W the active ingredient is Rasta Bobs Death Mite. It is cheaper and actually has a higher percentage of the Rosemary 3% where SNS is only 2%.
If you have a larger operation running buying the gallon of concentrate, SNS 217 costs something like 420 bucks. It makes 6 gallons of the ready to use. Any how, get the concentrate and dunk the clones in it. No burn, plants love it. Where Ive tried Azamax @ 40 ml per gallon as a dunk and it fries the little ones.

O

Organicyumyum

Bro all the organic remedies do is prolong your problem. Listen to TK and get the Floramite. I like Forbid also. You can use these chemicals like halfway into flower. I think it stays in the plant 28 days. Hit them hard in veg and early flower and use Pyrethium foggers later in flower.-SE

this is nonsense. I just got rid of mites someone else gave me by hitting them every 3 days with something new (and organic). I started with mighty wash cause it was a freeby to try (it's basically electrically charged water), then azatrol, then sns-217, then azatrol, then sns-217, etc until I didn't see them. I like to spray every 3 days for a minimum of 2 weeks to ensure they are completely gone. SNS-217 kills mites as well as the eggs. I am now hitting them with compost teas weekly to keep my plants as strong and healthy as possible. And guess what? no more mites and no nasty chemicals used. If it is absolutely necessary to use chemicals in veg, then fine, but i have yet to get a mite that could stand this assault that im talking about.

O

Organicyumyum

The SNS 217 is spendy and it definitely works. Another product with rosemary W the active ingredient is Rasta Bobs Death Mite. It is cheaper and actually has a higher percentage of the Rosemary 3% where SNS is only 2%.
If you have a larger operation running buying the gallon of concentrate, SNS 217 costs something like 420 bucks. It makes 6 gallons of the ready to use. Any how, get the concentrate and dunk the clones in it. No burn, plants love it. Where Ive tried Azamax @ 40 ml per gallon as a dunk and it fries the little ones.

i think the sns is actually something like 10% rosemary oil if im not mistaken

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

thanks cali just what the docter ordered lol...im guna try get my hands on the stuff just incase, and is that a stafforshire bull terrier or a pit in ya profile pic? it looks like EXACTLY like my lil staff! she such a pucka, happy, loyal girl... peace out:banana1sv6:
oh p.s. nice 1 for seconding that also MOTHERLODE, much appritiated

Good shit sns will take care of those bitches applied at the right time most def.

Yeah my boys a gotti blue nose pit :)
he does somewhat look like a staff tho

green punk the concentrated gallon is around $320
hella expensive but i HIGHLY dont think anyone could have such a bad mite infestation that they need a gallon of concentrated mix.
that would last me like 5 years + easily lol

They have a ready to use gallon ready to go for about $100
that should still last you about a year, taking you only use it in the start of veg when there small. using it after the first week or 2 it just pointless to me, I find zero mites on ALL my girls

Organicy the ready to use bottles are only 2% rosemary
doesnt sound like shit but it gets the job w/o burning them too
Im sure you can raise that % by mixing your own with the concentrated
wouldn't recommend it tho

green punk

green punk

Thatd b the concentrate be fore you dilute it 5 to 1. It can burn shit up at higher levels than 3%. Have a friend who made some and had dilution wrong and killed a rack of clones.

Top Bottom