Spider Mites Before Harvest Help

• Thread starter DREADnHEAD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DREADnHEAD

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and growing. This is my second plant, and I was careless during the flowering stage and introduced spider mites to my plant. I just hit week 8 of flower, and im going to be harvesting any day. I noticed the mites about a month ago, and have been taking steps to keep them at bay. I've been using fans on the plant to prevent them from mating, and im taking an alcohol/water solution with a paint brush, and putting it on the underside of the infected leaves. Their numbers are not growing. will I have to continue my fight after I trim the fan leaves and hang the plant to dry? I would think that they will die and or leave when the plants starts to dry. Any input would be appreciated.

Spider mites before harvest help
Spider mites before harvest help 2
Spider mites before harvest help 3
Spider mites before harvest help 4
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

1. Spray the entire plant with LC Plant Therapy. (Bottle says half strength but BK uses it full strength)
2. Let dry for an hour then, Spray again.
3. Wait an hour then go to #4.
4. Spray rinse 2 days in a row with filtered water.
5. Wait 2 days to harvest after the last rinse.

D

DREADnHEAD

UPDATE: I decided not to spray my buds with a chemical days before harvest, and my assumptions were correct. Once I trimmed the fan leafs and hung for dry, the mites naturally died. I recently trimmed and cured, and there is zero evidence of mites. So my recommendation for anyone who find mites during flower would be to fight them off until harvest. Side note, the plant produced 3.6 oz.

20221014 203029
20221014 203122
20221014 203151
20221015 080016
20221030 220216
20221030 222614
20221030 224821
20221102 081833
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
UPDATE: I decided not to spray my buds with a chemical days before harvest, and my assumptions were correct. Once I trimmed the fan leafs and hung for dry, the mites naturally died. I recently trimmed and cured, and there is zero evidence of mites. So my recommendation for anyone who find mites during flower would be to fight them off until harvest. Side note, the plant produced 3.6 oz.
nice stuff, too bad about the fking bugs, As far as introducing spider mites to your plants all I can say is STOP doing that😁 There was a discussion here a while back saying spider mites bring out the plants defense's and build more trichs to fight off the pests. Your plants look sticky as fk.......If you get snap crackle pop when smoking....don't puke...bad form..😆 it adds to the experience....&......more protein .....😄...really though nice looking grow..
😄😄

stp

stp

Google/get a bottle of Dr. Zymes. It works on everything you might encounter and it leave no residue. It's citric acid. People wash their fresh buds after harvest in it.

Top Bottom