Spider mites during flower please help!

• Thread starter ITSMYFIRSTTIME
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ITSMYFIRSTTIME

Hi everyone, I have a spider mite infestation about 3 weeks before harvest. I need to know how to get rid of them without ruining the bud. I sprayed a solution of water/alchohol/peroxide/dish soap on it and hope that works but if that doesn't, what have you used during flowering?

Spider mites during flower please help
Chem77

Chem77

That sucks! I don’t like smoking alcohol, peroxide or dish soap. I throw them in the fire pit when I get mites, which is always from my own stupidity.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

That sucks! I don’t like smoking alcohol, peroxide or dish soap. I throw them in the fire pit when I get mites, which is always from my own stupidity.
I have only got them from others clones or having plants i bought at a greenhouse amongst my cannabis.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi everyone, I have a spider mite infestation about 3 weeks before harvest. I need to know how to get rid of them without ruining the bud. I sprayed a solution of water/alchohol/peroxide/dish soap on it and hope that works but if that doesn't, what have you used during flowering?
Take them outside and blast them off with a water jet,do every leaf,stalk, container as needed till they are done if you're intent on finishing them.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yeah they came from the clone I got from the dispensary for sure. It sucks.
The problem is the longer you keep them the more trouble you will have to get rid of them in the future,as you harvest they will fall off the plants ,as you trim you will spread them to different areas,as they dry more eggs will hatch,they are like cancer. You will have to dispose of every branch stalk etc then do a good clean up and treat your new ones from the start because the bastards never seem to completely go away.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

That is at infestation level. I do not believe you will be able to eradicate them and successfully harvest the plants. The reason why I say infestation level is because of the webs over the buds
You have good eyes

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

That is at infestation level. I do not believe you will be able to eradicate them and successfully harvest the plants. The reason why I say infestation level is because of the webs over the buds
Agreed! The infestation is extensive. Pesticide will kill the live mites but the eggs they laid will hatch and you'll have another infestation on your hands.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Buy a bag of food grade DE Earth, can be bought at any hardware store for 6 bucks, let your topsoil dry completely then sprinkle the dust in the dirt around infected plants, wad up a ball of TP and dust the fans, do Not dust the flower, leave for 72 hours give a light flush check pH and you should be OK, this is a completely natural way to kill any pest with an exoskeleton pronto.

V

Vic2459

Try nuke em or take down you can use them during flower. Blast them with water before to get rid of as mang as you can before spraying them

Ponky

Ponky

Screenshot 20220719 191631 Google
I would cover them in garbage bags. Chop them down and get rid of them. Kill the bugs with poison or ozone. Or whatever you can. And start again.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Gonna need the shop vac for that gal!
Yeah they came from the clone I got from the dispensary for sure. It sucks.
Mites have gotten me a number of times, hit hard last fall. But you will be a better grower from this.
You can suck the webs off or collect with your fingers.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey itsmyfirstime , Spider mites are one of the hardest grower challenges , the advanced infestation you're at , theres no choice ..... painful as it seems , burn that shit.. , later, next grow , learn to use a scope and identify the mites before they get the upper hand , you can usually see tiny specs and damage then control it with various applications , those fuckers mean business , now your prepared for future battles

Top Bottom