spider mites...Help!

• Thread starter fukwitit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redlife530

So listen to her and spray soap on u r bud and such em off with a vacuum and see how that works for you. Not everyone grows for patients I grow for potheads that don't give a shit bout avid customers most of em drink smoke cigs and hustle not old cancer patients and I clearly said if I grew medically I wouldn't use that shit in flower but still see no problem with a late veg avid preventative spray. To each their own u can do something that is proven to be effective or watch those fucking mites kill u r crop and steal u r money it's up choice. And FYI I know ow a ton of growers and they all use the harsh chemicals customers they live in the real world and grow big not some rinky dink closet so they need results not bullshit home remedies that don't work

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Yeah Redlife I know them two products work wonders but they should only be used in veg considering they stay in the plant for around 30 days or so after being treated an i have never had much luck with the home remedies my self but he could use azamax, azatrol seeing that he is in flower to keep them at bay as it is known to kill them as well but my buddy just got a out break of mites an I'm gonna drop off some conserve sc it is derived from organic things an is the only product that killed my thrips invasion it is 11.6 % SPINOSAD PART A, B an i will keep you posted just remember the mmj community is here to help save people and get rid of the pain not take a chance Of getting someone sick if that events happen too many people start getting sick from the chemicals we put in Are government what shut down the medical marijuana community considering they don't get the money They make off cigarettes.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

If I don't want to smoke it I would consider it a lost crop.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Oregon the products that Redlife mentioned are very effective if you use them in veg I don't think you will have any problems with mites in flower period. But since your are in flower you should only use something organic things such as neem azatrol, azamax to keep them at bay An PLUS YOU WANT TO be careful when spraying your plants and flower because cause your pistols to turn brown causing your buds to stop growing. But this is just my 2 cents

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

I have only had them indoors 1 time before about 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly what I used to keep them at bay and then I started over after a thorough cleaning of the room. I would start over now but I am growing some skunk 1 seeds that are over 20 years old and only got 3 to germinate out of 25. I have about 50 more and don't expect better % out of them. It's too bad I didn't store them better but it is surprising that I even still have seeds from back in high school.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Nice to hear you have old seed stock you can hit your veg room with avid, of floramite an the mites will be dead an your plants will live on my friend

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
One of the huge problems with miticides like Avid and Floramite is that mites can, do and will build up resistance, making those products absolutely useless for treating, yet still toxic to humans and the environment. Isopropyl alcohol, vegetable fat-based soaps (aka castile soaps, doesn't have to be Dr Bronner's, just needs to be a castile soap), plant essential oils and physical barriers like JMS Stylets oil? They will never develop a resistance to and they're very cost-effective treatments IF you're on top of your grow.

For indoor growers with a modicum of cleanliness, that means 2 weeks of treatments used every three days, then inspecting regularly to make sure none have gotten past you. I've done it, others have done it, it's totally fucking doable.

If you let things get to the point of webbing...?
Facepalm

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Azamax and 1 tblp spinosaud in veg every 3 days BAM gone !! make sure next spring you hit them early for preventative.. kills eggs also! a microscope a must...

Last edited:
md1010

md1010

NO harsh chemicals ever used here. Like I said before, I was very sick and had other familly helping me with grow when i got mites bad. I now practice PREVENTATIVE maintenance to keep them gone. Redlife, you and other cash croppers like you are why I will never get my meds from anyone but myself . I value my health as well as others. When you give away meds for FREEE, I would rather DESTROY the whole crop than give that poison shit to unsuspecting people.

soserthc1

soserthc1

so far i lost all my vegging plants. had to cut my harvest early due to these pests taking over my grow. im in desperate need of some safe organic soloutions that work to get rid of these spider mites. anyone have any suggestions?
In my experience it's better to just start shit over and take cuts of anything you can't do without , no plant life in the room for a week should kill them all off , if this is a option and your not running multiple lights and beds but those bastards are hard to eliminate without starting over

Gives you a new outlook on things and steps up your game as you will become more vigilant plus new seed plants are always exciting

Dunge

Dunge

@ redlife 530
I would listen to Sea any day over you, bub
I might agree with you, but...
redlife530 is to be commended for being honest about what works for him.
I own a bottle of malathion.
I sprayed it one time on some cuttings harboring a local mite.
Mites gone, and the plants seemed to take the chems like a super foliar.
Malathion is a phosphate based neurotoxin. Perhaps the phosphate caused the lush growth?
And they spray it from trucks into neighborhoods for mosquito control.
What is a monkey like me to think?

Canappa

Canappa

Conserve sc 11.6% spinosad is a life saver for me

Talk about a lifesaver bro! you aint lying there, the shit works. I give its first application and didnt really notice any change then I gave it a second application and started to see less mites. so on the third application I did it right a lights out while it was dark so it would no dry out to fast. I just check 4 big leaves that has mite infestation and it was crazy all the mites and eggs where dead they all turned white like a ghost. I did find 2 that where still barely moving but my plant are still growing at a nice rate and the leaves are perfect color and over all looks healthy. I was going to cut the whole room down a few weeks ago but thanks to you I'am going to have nice harvest after all. Thanks for always keeping it real bro;)

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

That's what the farm is all about helping people out any time you have a question hit me up canappa you know I got you! P.S make sure when using this product to use a wetting agent this could be why the first time you sprayed them it didn't work as well as it could of!

fukwitit

fukwitit

Thx for all the feedback guyz. I finnally got rid of those without having to start completely over.its been about a month now w/ no mites. i was givin two options..get rid of mites or quit farming! it cost me $0 and no i didnt steal anything. XD just misted them and wiped leaves with dish soap water mix every day. brought temp down when i could(no a.c)...eventually about 3 or 4 praying mantises showed up and have made my laides ther home.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom