Spider mites late in the game.. please help

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Good morning,

I regrettably have noticed a spider mite infestation going into week seven/five (varying strains) started flower outdoors early but came indoors for the finish. One strain wasn’t flowering till it went under the light.

Does anyone know what are my options? I have started flushing the week seven plants as they’re starting to show amber thrichomes as well and seem to have a larger number of mites. The further behind strain doesn’t seem to have much going on yet for eggs and mites but they are present.

I have bought botanics doctor doom spray and applied two nights in a row. Doesn’t seem to be slowing things down much and I am also worried about taste coming into my flowers.

Do i have any options for the week 7 group?
Do I have any options for the week 5 group?

I’m really freaking out I’ve never dealt with this issue before, I need to get these fuckers at bay I have been nurturing these plants since April.

Any experience/advice this late in the game is much appreciated.

thanks, Blake

Spider mites late in the game please help
Over view
Spider mites late in the game please help 2
ll
Spider mites late in the game please help 3
damage to leafs

R

redshift75

i use marone bio products that have a 0 day PHI (pre-harvest interval) so i can spray up til. But would still do a rinse if i did after the infestation was handled but before final harvest. So you know depending where you are at is options. Id avoid pyrethrins and such due to their close relation in cannabinoids and my personal belief they stick around after flower. Lots of options.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Spraying every day will not make a difference. Once every 3 days for 2 weeks with heavy infestation. Then once a week for 3 more then once a month for maintenance.
If you are so close then spray every 3 days till harvest.
Both products can be sprayed up to the day of harvest. Will not effect taste or smell.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Habenaro spray, 5 habs to a quart, chop fine especially seeds, simmer 20 minutes, DO NOT BOIL, filter with unbleached coffe filter, let cool spray, will not leave residue or flavor, make and spray with caution, like mace to humans and animals,

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Habenaro spray, 5 habs to a quart, chop fine especially seeds, simmer 20 minutes, DO NOT BOIL, filter with unbleached coffe filter, let cool spray, will not leave residue or flavor, make and spray with caution, like mace to humans and animals,
I came in here just to read this post again lmao!

rocknrich

rocknrich

Good morning,

I regrettably have noticed a spider mite infestation going into week seven/five (varying strains) started flower outdoors early but came indoors for the finish. One strain wasn’t flowering till it went under the light.

Does anyone know what are my options? I have started flushing the week seven plants as they’re starting to show amber thrichomes as well and seem to have a larger number of mites. The further behind strain doesn’t seem to have much going on yet for eggs and mites but they are present.

I have bought botanics doctor doom spray and applied two nights in a row. Doesn’t seem to be slowing things down much and I am also worried about taste coming into my flowers.

Do i have any options for the week 7 group?
Do I have any options for the week 5 group?

I’m really freaking out I’ve never dealt with this issue before, I need to get these fuckers at bay I have been nurturing these plants since April.

Any experience/advice this late in the game is much appreciated.

thanks, Blake

View attachment 1032807Over viewView attachment 1032808llView attachment 1032809damage to leafs
Try purecrop1. I’m using it to control botrytis on my outdoor crop this year. None so far and it’s mid September. Usually chopping early to avoid the rot. It also is recommended for spider mites, thrips, white flys and other pests.

Blakeja

Blakeja

Spraying every day will not make a difference. Once every 3 days for 2 weeks with heavy infestation. Then once a week for 3 more then once a month for maintenance.
If you are so close then spray every 3 days till harvest.
Both products can be sprayed up to the day of harvest. Will not effect taste or smell.

unfortunately neither product is available to me nearby.. I really appreciate the solid responses.
I am quiet intrigued by the habanero idea.
Would you follow the schedule you gave above for the incecticides?
you say it is quite volatile for humans for..inhalation? eyes or skin contact? then how/where would you spray? respirator and goggles? Indoors 🥴?
Can this method be used up until harvest? With no rinse?
How effective was this for you in the past?
does it loose impact over time?

a lot of questions..

again everyone, thank you very much for the input my girls will thank you for your efforts.

-Blake

paradoxlsot

paradoxlsot

I would try Beauveria Bassiania. The strongest formulation you can find, but then double the recommended dosage. The literature shows you can get 95% eradication of spider mites after 2-4 applications, but it really is dose dependent. Also it takes a while for the infection to work, so you won't see results right away.

Blakeja

Blakeja

I would try Beauveria Bassiania. The strongest formulation you can find, but then double the recommended dosage. The literature shows you can get 95% eradication of spider mites after 2-4 applications, but it really is dose dependent. Also it takes a while for the infection to work, so you won't see results right away.

thank you everyone for the great advice! I will be much more prepared for a showdown on the next run.
The habenaro spray outlined by 1diesel1 has eradicated the mites in two sprays! Cheap and effective!
although a bit Of work and sore on the throat but works very well!
87129CE0 F7F7 4A3E 9499 3CBC7E12E23D
Week 6/8

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Could you mince in a in like a food processor or just cut finely with a knife?

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I used a food processor. Easier and u can stand back a bit.. just put some water in to move things around good.
I imagine that would work just as well since you are filtering it and using the liquid anyways.

paradoxlsot

paradoxlsot

I would keep spraying them. Those types of sprays, even in flower, shouldn't give you bud rot. If they do give you bud rot, you didn't want to keep those individuals. I've sprayed ferments, with chunks of fruit in it, into like week 8 buds and no boytritis. That bud tested at 27% THC. Spider mites are fuckers, they'll be "gone" but that just means you can't see them. When you can see them it's almost too late. But that's good you knocked them back. I will sprinkle a layer of cayenne, habanero, turmeric, black pepper, and garlic like once or twice a month on the soil surface and into the canopy as a preventative. I'm a huge fan of those types of sprays, but I just haven't seen them used successfully in a bad situation.

Top Bottom