Spider-mites problem on top of the bud in week 4 flowering

• Thread starter zoneman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zoneman

So I’m having a big problem with spider mites on top of the bud in week 4 of flowering, what’s the solution for this?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

So I’m having a big problem with spider mites on top of the bud in week 4 of flowering, what’s the solution for this?
Is this for an indoor grow?

In my opinion, the best way to get rid of spider mites is by using predator mites.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

What happened after they eaten all the spider mites? They just die off?
Yes. That's my understanding. I believe they starve to death when they run out of spider mites to eat.

Thanks, got some at Amazon
You're welcome. Let us know how it goes. There are other methods to do them in. They're annoying little creatures, though. They reproduce prolifically and their eggs are particularly hard to kill.

Z

zoneman

Yes. That's my understanding. I believe they starve to death when they run out of spider mites to eat.

You're welcome. Let us know how it goes. There are other methods to do them in. They're annoying little creatures, though. They reproduce prolifically and their eggs are particularly hard to kill.
Been using Castile soap, hydrogen peroxide & alcohol mix spray, but you only kill what you can see. In 2 days they’re back.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Check out what Seamaiden wrote about isopropyl alcohol.
Effective and clean. Peace

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Been using Castile soap, hydrogen peroxide & alcohol mix spray, but you only kill what you can see. In 2 days they’re back.
That's close to what I did, and I had the same result. They live under the leaves where it's hard to spray. Their eggs are hard to kill and that's why they keep coming back. Alcohol and soap (IIRC) can kill the eggs, but hydrogen peroxide does not. There are other methods I didn't try. Supposedly, they can be drowned by immersing the plant in water for a minute or two. They can be sprayed off by turning the plant upside down and using a hose or sprayer.

Last summer when I was fighting them, I read more than I ever wanted to know about spider mites. I was using a microscope to observe them and could see them evolve. That's why I destroyed the crop. I could see I was losing the war. Whatever methods are used, it's important to kill them all or they'll come back and could get worse.

I ended up moving my growing from the room behind our garage to a spare bedroom. I bought a new tent, too. I haven't had a problem since then. I'm hoping any eggs remaining in the first room will hatch when conditions are right for them, and they'll die from starvation. They must consume green plants to live. So, I'm thinking I might be able to use that room again next year.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Dr. Zyme did it for me. You've got to break the life cycle so spraying every 3 days is the key.

jj

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Whatever you try to get you through this harvest......when it's over, remove everything from your tent, disinfect everything, thoroughly clean everything, tools.....everything. Outside the tent too. Get rid of all soil. Wash all clothes you wore when working on or around the area. 3 days later, clean the area and everything again. Then change how you work on and around the area. Think of it like a hospital, bring nothing from outdoors inside. When you come inside, wash up, change clothes, be conscious of everything......think and act like you might be transporting spider mites and eggs on anything......shoes.....anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom