Spider Mites ! Week 6 Into Flower

• Thread starter ChuiSoto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

eeeewww they on the top with the buds that sucks when I had them they stayed real low on the plant made it a lil hard to kill them but still got the job done thrips now them lil buggers SUCK

C

ChuiSoto

So I'm pretty much screwed ? Even lady bugs won't work or anything ?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I did do some preventable maintaince but I guess wasn't enough I have that did bug stuff been using it since veg when I got fungus nats it kinda just lessened them for a bit then I got the yellow sticky traps too then I tried azamax and that killed them and now I have spider mites just noticed them. I see them on about 5 of my 13 plants. I also just ordered lady bugs cuz they don't sell them around here I ordered 2,000 I know over kill but it's the only amount it would let me buy for $20 dollars and its shipping will be here in two days. I know I can't really use things on the bud cuz of bud rot and flavor issues right ? It's also an 8 week flower so I thought I was suppose to flush 2 weeks before ? This is my first grow btw
And you will need a new vent fan after it gets completely clogged with lady bugs...

soserthc1

soserthc1

You need to destroy those plants and read one of the informative mite threads that can be found with a simple search

The word mite and control together rub me wrong

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Come on, do not destroy your plants. Even though you neglected your ladies you can still salvage a decent harvest. As a stated before spray your plants with green cleaner start at the underside of the leaves that's where the live lay there eggs and feast apun your ladies. Then spray the top of the leaves and buds. Do this every 2-3 days for 1 week. Then once a week till harvest. THIS IS NOT A DOOMSDAY SCENARIO!! In the future it is important to glass your plants with a magnifying glass through out your grow from clone or seed to harvest. Good luck.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Spider mites are a cakewalk, its russet mites and broad mites that will have you pulling plants and breaking out the bio suits.
My issues are with the lackadaisical use of the word control. Ones goal should never be to control a pest. I agree that spider mites can be eliminated threw repetitive preventative measures. I had the issue and it made me a much more focused better grower. What I don't agree with is the op having any knowledge about mites or people being content with a bug infested garden.
I haven't had a gnat in over 2 years
I haven't seen a web in over 2 years
I do constantly work my ass off with a IPM
Every plant gets 2-3 foliar per week weather I'm tired or not.
The room gets bleached weakly
Germicidal wipes and 70% iso are a staple in cleaning tools
Most importantly if you take in clones they MUST be quarinteened

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
My issues are with the lackadaisical use of the word control. Ones goal should never be to control a pest. I agree that spider mites can be eliminated threw repetitive preventative measures. I had the issue and it made me a much more focused better grower. What I don't agree with is the op having any knowledge about mites or people being content with a bug infested garden.
I haven't had a gnat in over 2 years
I haven't seen a web in over 2 years
I do constantly work my ass off with a IPM
Every plant gets 2-3 foliar per week weather I'm tired or not.
The room gets bleached weakly
Germicidal wipes and 70% iso are a staple in cleaning tools
Most importantly if you take in clones they MUST be quarinteened
I have never gone gnat free for more than 6 months, they fly in when you open the door from outside, they are everywhere!
I never go into my grow room with clothes on that have been worn outside unless I spray my clothes down with alcohol.

dollardos

dollardos

I use a mix of
Rosemary oil 10 drops
Peppermint oil. 10 Drops
Neem oil 5ml per gal
Drop or 2 of dish soap
Spray when the lights are off
What do you all think of this
I'm thinking about adding alcohol

Latest posts

Top Bottom