Spider mites what do you guys think.

• Thread starter Dr.Green55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Ok guys here is a story about spider mites, Not looking for judgment or any BS posts about the situation, but more of you opinion on how you would handle it and what you'd do.

Here is a little back story, a couple guys I kinda no were having a conversation about the one guys last grow, Now this grow was pretty much for himself, some edibles and i'm sure he give some to his buddies, but pretty much his meds etc.

So he is telling the one guy that he got to the end of the grow and he is cutting and trimming up the plants/ buds and 2 of his 3 or 4 plants have spider mites on them, he said mostly on the top of the plants on a few bud, he said a little web but not to much, what ever that means lol, So he then says he just trimmed up those bubs, as their pretty much on the outer leaves so it will get rid of them and then says they won't stay on dry buds. anyhow that about most of the conversation I caught.

I never said anything as I don't real;ly know them, and I doubt they know me very well, and I had the fortune of never dealing with spider mite, but I know what I would have done, but I'm also not in his shoes and don't know how important that grow is to him and if he would have lost it.

what would you guy honestly do try and save it or toss it.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

i just had them, even a few webs towards the end of flower, i used a shop vac every few days to get rid of webs and did a bud wash before drying. the mites do seem to affect the leaves, but the buds are fine. there was a thread on here about spider mites increasing the plants resin to protect the plant. the buds are very stoney. glad i didn't toss it.

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Interesting...makes sense too..just unsure if smoking spider mites is ok. Neat learn I just got got though.

SantaLee

SantaLee

Every single one of you who has purchased and smoked large amounts of weed has smoked many spider mites. I guarantee it. Some leave some die and you smoke they little corpses
They are in cigars also

Top Bottom