Spider mites ??

• Thread starter Canadacanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canadacanna

Canadacanna

I'm sure someone has seen this before. I am thinking spider mites ?? Any help would be appreciated. So far just one plant in the tent of 4 seems to be affected. Very little evidence on the other 3. Dont think it is nutrient related but feeding remo nutrients astro flower at recommended rate.
Spider mites
Spider mites 2
Spider mites 3

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I would say more calcium deficiency then bugs I don't see any webbing and with damage that extensive you would see evidence of bugs.

You do have evidence of a calcium problem.

Need full growing parameters to know for sure.

ph, soil lights ect

Canadacanna

Canadacanna

I would say more calcium deficiency then bugs I don't see any webbing and with damage that extensive you would see evidence of bugs.

ph, soil lights ect
Damn I'm sure you're right looking more closely now. My ph meter is pretty crappy but it's about 6.7. Soil was a mix of miracle grow and our own compost from our cattle bedding mounds. I know miracle grow was a mistake but it was all I could get at the time from the local stores as they weren't stocking soil at the time. Light is a 2000w led. Only recent change was i went to astro flower from astro bloom this week.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You said it best miracle grow was a mistake.

As far as ph I personal recommend people just switch to chemcials Ph indicator and test strips for when u need to do a slurry test. Ph meters are shite even the expensive ones are constantly needed calibration its just a hassle.

I can ph my water in less then a min, I already know what it comes out the tap I know how many ml per gallon it takes to lower to a ph of around 6 and its a quick cpl drops of indicator to make sure im right.

Easy peazy good luck squeezy! Get some cal-mag suppliment she'll thank ya!

Canadacanna

Canadacanna

Thank you so much! I forgot to mention they are a month into flower. I'm guessing the affected leaves will not recover ?
You said it best miracle grow was a mistake.

As far as ph I personal recommend people just switch to chemcials Ph indicator and test strips for when u need to do a slurry test. Ph meters are shite even the expensive ones are constantly needed calibration its just a hassle.

I can ph my water in less then a min, I already know what it comes out the tap I know how many ml per gallon it takes to lower to a ph of around 6 and its a quick cpl drops of indicator to make sure im right.

Easy peazy good luck squeezy! Get some cal-mag suppliment she'll thank ya!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thank you so much! I forgot to mention they are a month into flower. I'm guessing the affected leaves will not recover ?

Sadly no they will not but keep an eye on new growth it shouldn't show back up if the calicum issue is addressed properly :D

Potlady

Potlady

ph, soil lights ect

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. Have you scoped for any critters under the leafs? Were those plants ever taken outside and back into the tent? If you say not nutrient related, you might want to take a closer look.
BurnZ

guymandude

guymandude

ph meters are crap?? lol. that's silly. if you know how to take care of your meter, it will last you a long time. Ran a Bluelab for 4 years and now have had an oalton for 3 years and it still calibrates and works fine. look at the underside of the leaves with a scope for eggs and critters just to be sure. Up the calmag a bit. too.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
ph meters are crap?? lol. that's silly. if you know how to take care of your meter, it will last you a long time. Ran a Bluelab for 4 years and now have had an oalton for 3 years and it still calibrates and works fine. look at the underside of the leaves with a scope for eggs and critters just to be sure. Up the calmag a bit. too.

there not all created equal, Everyone has an opinion on them, amazon has positive and negative reviews on them.. Its a personal choice, but chemcials are never wrong.. ph meters are.. User error ect ect.. Hard to fuck up a ph test with indicator coloring tho.

Same argument is made about anything tho led lights nutes ect ect.. use it if you love it recommend it if you want. :)

Top Bottom