spider mites

• Thread starter wannabnurse2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

headband707

One adult can lay up to 100 eggs a day in the right conditions.. Squishing them will not work as you have all the eggs to deal with. Personally I don't like anything that has chemicals in it as your going to be smoking it and the companies that make these products are not under the impression that the product will be smoked afterwards. Smoking chemicals is still injesting them. Thats why I always go for the natural products that I know won't hurt me but thats just me peace out Headband707

purpleberry

purpleberry

I got rid of them with forbid. You have to do some work besides spraying to get rid of them. After you harvest, clean everything, prune all the under growth off your mothers and veg plants and spray, leave the floewer room empty for 2 weeks and bomb it, after you take clones throw out your mothers, spray the new plant every week, prune the older fan leaves off incase there is eggs or mites still, Then spray and clean after every harvest. they will be gone. lol Only use organic spray in flower.

K

kushpheen

For every one you squish that means 100 that wont be showing up tomorrow. If you only have a few plants and plenty of time on your hands, you can do definitely keep a mite attack in check by wiping the infested leaves with your fingers gently.

J

jaybird

Thanks to a friend I met in cali...i use azatrol....1/2 teaspoon to 4 teaspoons per gallon.
apply right before dark...undersides of leaves first...you can apply azatrol up to 3 times a week...don't e left feeling buggy for the Holidaze....
aloha...be safe...Gro-On
jaybird

K

kushpheen

I've blasted those little bastards off with just plain old water, granted its a very temporary fix. Sell some sperm and buy floramite....

S

sensi addict

I've been dealing with the borg for over a year. I want them gone.
an i wanna shag beyonce,lets see who gets lucky first,lol!!!
only kidding,thanx,il try the floramite.a guy i know from a large uk hydro chain cracked me up,he said''you wanna know how 2 get ridda spidermites??fuckin' move house!''lmao:winking0067:

T

TopShelf

So last week I found this thread in search of ways to rid the borg! One of my cabs is 5 weeks into flower and the other is 2 weeks into flower. Spider mites are something I deal with yearly, especially in the winter, due to where i live (SFV) and the fact that almost all my neighbors have rose bushes. The first thing I did was spray each effected leaf one by one with the "safer brand" bug and mite spray. I had to be carful because i'm deep into flower. The downside was that a few of the bud hairs turned brown the next day, not all, just a few that got some overspray. The next day I pruned my bushes up paying special to the undersides and looking for visible eggs. I let that sit for a a couple of days and I noticed a little more than half were gone or had died. On the 5th day I installed a "hot shot" strip,,,,,and guess what???? The borg left the grow room like they were never there. I spent two hours in there today meticulously inspecting each leaf. I'm not sure if the hot shot strip was the trick or not, but not one mite and or gnat in sight. I had picked up a dr doom fogger, but at this point i'm probably not gonna use it. Oh, btw, on the third day I sprayed all the walls directly outside the room (outside the house), and all the adjacent bushes/plants with one of those insecticide sprays that you connect to the hose. I hope some of this information may help someone else. The key is to stay patient and not panic. When you do either you rush and make mistakes. Remember to turn the lights off for 30min after you spray them down just to let the leaves dry out and or do it right before the lights go out.

On a side note, do not use the "eco smart" organic bug spray. I tested it on a few leaves that I knew I was gonna prune and it burned the shit out of them.

B

blazin

My experience in dealing with them...., inexpensive way is to spray the underleaves, especially infected ones....with water, and too keep temperatures low....high temperatures
especially in the 90s will especially promote breeding for those bastards....

purpleberry

purpleberry

If your in flower use co2, go get a bottle and crack it open for a few hours and do it agian in 7-10 days, In veg pull out the big guns and use miticides. Orgainc will just hide the probelm if its there. Dont bring in clones unless you quarintine them and treat for mites and pm. Im drunk tonight so i know it all...........

S

seamus

Hi Farmers,i'm also doing battle with the horrible little shits that are the Borg. Nightmare! Got some predators on line ordered yesday,neemed them as well because they could take up to 3-5 days to get to me. Most seem ok today for their spray yesday-but one Widow(ish) girl is getting attacked like mad still,squished a good few just to feel like I'M actually getting the little sods,eye's now sore from staring at them for hours.Should i neem her again,not worried about predators having no grub when they arrive-they can knock themselves out in the garden! Cheers Seamus,one love to all

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
If your going chemical I`d use Avid 1/4 tsp per gal. It can be sprayed on the top of leaves and sinks into the tisue.Does nothing until mites eat then kills them.It doesn`t kill eggs but as it lasts about two months most die as the hatch and eat. It`s FDA/USDA approved for food crops.I checked and it`s made from soil fungis extracts.It says it can be used up until two weeks from harvast but I`d never use it in flower myself. I`d use it a up to two weeks before flower and use neem oil if needed in flower. if the flowers finnish with just a few mites no problem because that few cause little damage that late in the stage. When you dry buds any mites will take off looking for a meal anyway.

Myself I will only use chemicals if a major infestation can not be got under control by other means and only on mother plants that will be cloned. After that it`s organic only! I have floromite but have yet to use it.I understand it is also made from soil fungis. Maybe some shroom oil would work on buds? He He He!

P

Pandaman

Wasn't thorough enough with the Neem and the Spider Mites just migrated to an unaffected area. Been keeping them at bay with a spray bottle of water and wiping the leaves. Got two of those Hot Shots - No-Pest Strips. Hoping they will do the job :(

If they touch my White Widow, Ima go apeshit with a pair of tweezers on them! Grrrrrr!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Does anyone out there know how late into flower azatrol can safely be used? I am about 17 days into flower, I have noticed mites on only one plant in the very back, I would like to use azatrol but am a little scared. I plan on letting the plants go 60 days, so if anyone out there has experience in killing mites in this area please let me know.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Does anyone out there know how late into flower azatrol can safely be used? I am about 17 days into flower, I have noticed mites on only one plant in the very back, I would like to use azatrol but am a little scared. I plan on letting the plants go 60 days, so if anyone out there has experience in killing mites in this area please let me know.

I have used azamoax, same thing, up to week 6 of an 8 week flower. ALL good. no flavor, or smell altered and smole the same as it always has. With the use of neem I would use it up to the last two weeks. If you are a bit nervous spay down with water over the course of the last 2 weeks. Hope this helps.
Attention[/COLOR]: mites are NOT the Borg. ANd fairly easy to both eradicate or at least keep under control. There is one tool that will take us all as far as we want to go, wait for it....Due diligence. I battle with this concept everyday. LOL I am getting there. Maybe.

Peace

H

HowardHunt

Hey, sorry I haven't read this full thread yet, plan to digest it soon though but I thought I would add my current struggles into the mix.

I started with a way too tight veg set up, a random clone was babysat in my room for a few nights and boom, I've got the borg.

I started out basically just using the Einstein oil when they were small. I should of just took the time at this point to dip every single one in Floramite but I thought it might be too late, stupid of me, ALWAYS DIP from what I've found, it helps so much.

They got into 3 gals and into the big room and I figured that is when I could really devout my attention and start to knock em out. I used 2 bombs before the flip, one pyrith and one attane, 3 days apart. before this I also gave them a good spray with floramite.

They little bastards are still fighting though and I've pretty much equated this war to vietnam. I know it's not ending soon and charlie could pop out for an ambush at any point. I'm only at day 20 now so I still got a lot of road to go down. At this point I stopped spraying any floramite, no bombs of course.

It seems that I am winning, going through picking out stuff that looks back and cleaning up the plants has helped a lot and I feel like at least the plants are fighting them instead of the mites pretty much just having a party on them when they were so tight.

I also just recently sprayed a sample of some stuff I was given that contained 2.0% rosemary oil. It was a nice switch up and seemed to help a bit but now I am going to switch into a regiment of Safer Soap & Einstein in a mix as directed on the bottles so about 30ml per gal of einstein and 75 ml of the safer.

This is my first battle with these guys though. I've kept every thing clean prior to this. So please excuse any bad methods and I'd love any help if someone sees some faults.

T

Twomp

Azatrol is the ticket, I'm tell'n you put a 1/4 to 1/8 oz in a spray bottle shake it up and then spray the underleaves. I left for 3 days and the bastards were heavy. Try it out

G

Gro

cheep-go with the cigarette/cayenne trick works alright,but you should use the
dawn(orange bottle)with it as a surfactant.
if you can afford it,go with the floramite.

G

growmama

yea i just used florimite on my flowering plants, they are three weeks out, so i started spraying just water to wash off florimite so i don't feel like i'm smoking chemicals, my garden looked sooo shitty after these mites took over, and nothing else worked. does anyone notice this product on their buds or a change in taste??

Top Bottom