spider mites

• Thread starter wannabnurse2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Just gotta chime in about the use of Floramite. I know that some mj growers use it. Scary shit IMO. It is NOT labeled for use on any plants to be consumed. It is for ornamentals only - except - it CAN be used on fruit trees that will not bear fruit for AT LEAST 12 MONTHS! Sorry for the caps and bold but I believe it needs to be stressed that this is some serious stuff and is risky at best using it on anything we consume. Who knows what it does if ingested over time? If it is not to be used on trees that will fruit within 12 months, that tells me it has a very strong residual effect that cannot be simply rinsed off. That's why it's so good at killing the eggs. What this tells me is that if i spray this on my fruit trees, DO NOT EAT the fruit produced in the next year. I certainly would not want to smoke anything that had been sprayed with it any sooner, if at all - especially if I was using mj to battle illness. JMHO...

20north

attain makes really good bug bombs that i would use again i used them on buds i smoke right now but very very very early in flower i did it the first week of flower n i never saw a bug till near harvest

or people who make the chemicals dont want to be liable if you eat something that kills you yeah? :party0023:

peace

sorry i ment smoke :icon_spin:

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Triple Threat, or poison, the choice is yours and it's so simple. You like to smoke poison, floramite will keep you where you wanna be, other than that Azamax or Azatrol with Dutch Master Penetrator each at 30-45ml a gal will do a lot, but you gotta do it every five days and use when you don't see mites, that way you actually eradicate them, just spraying once in veg or once in flower will make sure they return when you least wanna see em.... Again, I personally would only use pred mites or azatrol, or some co2 methods or something natural that does not leave poisonous residue for a year!!

Onespark

Onespark

For every one you squish that means 100 that wont be showing up tomorrow. If you only have a few plants and plenty of time on your hands, you can do definitely keep a mite attack in check by wiping the infested leaves with your fingers gently.

Hell Ya. I use a spray bottle and a sponge and wipe them bastards off sometimes. They are relentless. Got to be on it daily if they show up. Headband 707 was right with the alcohol too. Best thing is neem,soap,water and a complete plant dip every week during veg imo. Bombs seem to last for no time if you got it bad. You dip that plant under water with neem and an imulsifier mixed up right and they all die. Eggs and all. Takes some TLC. Gotta bleach the room and gear too. Neem the soil top after you remove the top layer as stated earlier. Don't let your cat run from the backyard into your room. Lol. Good luck, its a nightmare only matched by PM.

Mites=:sick0004:

C

Coco4Coco

.... Got some predators on line ordered yesday,neemed them as well because they could take up to 3-5 days to get to me.
Ouch... it takes that long to get them?
I found that the ones that shipped here in 2 days with the little freezer packs... that they were dead before they arrived..... and it sure was fun picking that corn meal out of the sticky buds....

N

nouvellechef

Old thread. But since I use Floramite I will chime in. I have never had any probs with it. I only use 1st week veg and 1st week flower. I have found running a non stop room, sometimes I dont need to do a spray in flower, only veg 1st week and it keeps them gone. When a new strain is brought in, seed only, I do both. I also do a spray of Organicide the following day after Floramite.

AK47
D

Dubwobble

The best thing to do is to wait until the mites form large clusters on top of your flowers...

Then you take two fingers and pinch off the entire web/mite luster and put that in your glass pipe... next take a lighter and smoke the sh*t out of those f*ckers.

=)

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Dump a full tank of CO2 into your infected room. Leave your house with anything living that's not a plant for a few hours. Clean the shit out of your house first, throw your trash out, and scrub the place down. They usually hide in a dirty place somewhere else in your house and migrate back to your grow room eventually, so keep it clean. This usually works pretty good for me. Pyrethreum bomb if you aren't past week 2-3 of flower. Leave your house for a while after you use one of those.

C

Chew

I'm surprised nobody recommended Hot Shots No Pest Strips?,theyre like $6-7 each

Worked for me....twice now

P

Pandaman

Hot Shots is the shit! Used one when I started having problems and two or three days later all the Spiders were dead. Don't know if it kills the eggs but I can't see the eggs anyway. i will never run a grow without one of those strips hung up.

Hot Shots - No Pest strips, works!

Peace

X

Xceptional

I'm surprised nobody recommended Hot Shots No Pest Strips?,theyre like $6-7 each

haha yeah bro i'm going to go get some today after we talked about that.

so far i have not seen them again after the first bomb and AzaMax.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Seamus, I personally would not spray neem the day or two before you get your predator mites, your actually killing them I'm pretty sure, if you use predatory nematodes they aren't affected by horticultural oils, ie Neem...
But pred mites are killed by neem, kinda a waste of money if you ask me....either Neem or pred mite

sedate

sedate

Chew said:

Pandaman said:
Hot Shots - No Pest strips, works!

I've heard alot of good things about these but when I looked them over at the garden shop I couldn't help but get the feeling that this might not be the best approach given the highly toxic nature of the strips themselves -

So you guys run those into flowering and no-ill effects?

Z

zoeronerer

Just gotta chime in about the use of Floramite. I know that some mj growers use it. Scary shit IMO. It is NOT labeled for use on any plants to be consumed. It is for ornamentals only - except - it CAN be used on fruit trees that will not bear fruit for AT LEAST 12 MONTHS! Sorry for the caps and bold but I believe it needs to be stressed that this is some serious stuff and is risky at best using it on anything we consume. Who knows what it does if ingested over time? If it is not to be used on trees that will fruit within 12 months, that tells me it has a very strong residual effect that cannot be simply rinsed off. That's why it's so good at killing the eggs. What this tells me is that if i spray this on my fruit trees, DO NOT EAT the fruit produced in the next year. I certainly would not want to smoke anything that had been sprayed with it any sooner, if at all - especially if I was using mj to battle illness. JMHO...

if you use it in veg its fine ..... dont get it on your skin ... i read some test results and its half life is like a week ... so it should work its way out in a month ...

floromite RULES AND HAVE FUN NOT USING IT... its better than kelthane (which i had to spray as a kid) most veggys labeled organic have almost equally harmful chems used that are not available to the public... in my line of work thank god this one is ...

mite infestations can also be cured with no pest strips ... again u organic kids can chime in but ... these chemicals are needed once you pass a certain level of production or say you live in socal and get the home depot mite that is resistant to pyrethrin ...

im not trying to be a jerk but organic is just a term i agree if used in the wrong manner chemicals can be harmful ..to the grower and patients

but floromite is a godsend ...and i always have a bottle just in case have not used it in 2 years ...

you just have to understand that poison is a part of nature ......and what we do ...:character0180:

Z

zoeronerer

I've heard alot of good things about these but when I looked them over at the garden shop I couldn't help but get the feeling that this might not be the best approach given the highly toxic nature of the strips themselves -

So you guys run those into flowering and no-ill effects?

i pull em out the last month ...... but fools run them constant without any trouble.

S

skoobie dew

WRONG sorry for the caps red and bold but I believe it needs to be stressed that this is labeled for use on greenhouse tomatoes larger than 1" big 3 days before harvest. Floramite is strong stuff that can't be simply rinsed off. It gives existing foliage solid protection against spider mites for 21 days. The "medo mite" aka "club mites" is now gaining immunity. I think you're way better off using floramite rather than no pest strips. No pest strips aren't for use around food crops, or where humans spend much time.

That being said I would suggest avoiding using floramite after bud set.

From foramite sc label: "RESTRICTIONS:
For greenhouse tomatoes, do not apply within 3 days of harvest.
Do not make more than two (2) applications of FLORAMITE SC
per crop per year.
Do not apply more than 32 fluid ozs. per acre, per year"

http://www.ohp.com/Labels_MSDS/PDF/floramite_label.pdf

I use floramite on all incoming coming plants. I dip them in a 2-3 mil/gal mix. I use other stuff that's listed for use with vegetables too. I then grow the plant into a mother & clone off of it. It is not listed as a systemic, so the clones I take off the mother & then flower out don't have much if any of it in them. Then again by the time I take a cutting off of the mother it's about 300x original mass. The cutting then get's to be at least 300x it's original mass when buds are picked. & it's been probably 9 months later.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Here's the warning for dichlorvos, the active ingredient in no pest strips.

It's poison, so be careful. BUT, it works like a charm. I hung 2 in a 12x16ft room that had a pretty bad infestation. I came back in 2 days and it's like someone went in there and told the mites "the partys over folks". I couldn't find 1 mite that was alive.

S

skoobie dew

No pest strips in flower is nasty shit. Might as well use a long lasting systemic like rosepride. And I don't want to smoke, eat, or in any way consume bud with either of these on it.

Folks step up your game & quit using crap that isn't listed for vegetable crops. Or just use it yourself. GD I'm glad I grow my own.

B

billybadazz

I use Floramite and Forbid for non-flowering plants. Avid just in case. Azatrol for the flowering plants because they always migrate to the flower chamber when hit with the Floramite! I also use a little SM90. I've been dealing with the borg for over a year. I want them gone.

follow this guys regimine and you won't have ANY mites I promise.....expensive yes but guess what so is buying pot because all yours got consumed by mites instead of you!!:wondering .....floramite is sytemic as well as forbid I believe so use it only in VEG!( it says it's good for 28 days so I spray 2 times in veg plus I dip my clones in a flora mite mix when I take cuttings) and pest strips are a no no for me as they are straight poison and I have curious cats. I use azamax one week and einstein oil the next until week 6 in flowering and haven't seen a mite in over a year ( I have seen mites build a tolerance to 1 treatment is the reason I switch it up). This regimine might be overkill but like I said it's better to be safe than sorry bro....

Top Bottom