spidermites 3 wks from finishing

• Thread starter jaybird
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Hey jack can u drop a link where can i get some of this SNS -17 online? Thanks...

I get it from my local Hydro store I found it online the place said $199.00 a gallon it sounds expensive until you realize you can use it up until harvest and it is completly safe to spray...JACK

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I get it from my local Hydro store I found it online the place said $199.00 a gallon it sounds expensive until you realize you can use it up until harvest and it is completly safe to spray...JACK

hmm sounds like it what i need bro, im in EU i struggle to get something that work agains spidermites! pm a link if u can, maybe i can order it from the store u mentioning?

Kosmo

Kosmo

Anyone use a sulfure burner?

yes, in veg

its an alright Acaricide

dont use a sulfur burner in last 3-4weeks of bloom. or better yet, not at all during flower.:flower so for you jaybird thats out of the question.

good all around strategy would be to apply proper IPM(Integrated Pest Management) techniques at the start of the grow, to keep on top of all pests and diseases. always monitor your garden for these things. Then applying a proper pest management program from the start based off your monitoring. these r the trick of the trade that hobbyist farmers still havnt grasped. what then ends up happening is a late start on a pest management program, resulting in diminished yields, and potential hazards to our health. live and learn as the saying goes.

S

STUPPA

hmm sounds like it what i need bro, im in EU i struggle to get something that work agains spidermites! pm a link if u can, maybe i can order it from the store u mentioning?

If you can't get that stuff shipped there are similar one in the UK :

SB Plant Invigorator, Majestik and Agri 50-E -

they all work the same as that SNS stuff from what i can see.

I think you are gonna have problems with mold if you use these sprays though .For them to be effective you have to get in all the nooks and crannies,which is gonna mean alot of moisture in your buds which is not good in late flowering.

I'm not sure what the best answer is for this grow now, i would concentrate more on the next grow and be ready for those buggers!

G

gloriousgreen

When should i see the result with the CO2 bomb ? i see them moving even after a hour at more then 10 000 ppm

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

How are you going about betting the 10000 ppm.
I open a 20lb C02 tank and run out the room.
Come back 12 hrs later to dead bugs.
It need's to get to that level and stay there awhile.
And dont go back in there till it is completely cleared out.
C02 can kill you.

G

gloriousgreen

Prob bossman is i use propane and gen2 so if i let it burn my temp go to 35 celcius to 40 celcius.

S

swisscheese

Bossman when you blast the room like that does it kill the plants? I won spider mites with a new set of plants and would rather co2 them then spray harsh chemicals.

G

gloriousgreen

they dont mind the high temp?

Then time to kill those basterd.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

My bad I was on my phone when I answered.
The girls dont mind the high C02 levels.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
SNS 17 all the way up to harvest and you can spray with the lights on the plants love it, Also co2 bomb for 12 hours like Bossman does, If you live in Cali you must spray even when you dont see them..JACK

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I am going to pik up some SNS 17 to add to the arsenal.
Anything you can run through harvest scores high points with me.

B

bobby-o

hey just alittle advice from some old heads, if you have mites you dont have enough airflow, and your room is to dusty and its hot. Guarantee with having proper airflow from the start with little to no dust build up and temps not to high you will lower your chances of ever getting them.

G

gloriousgreen

Bobby i agree with you but some of us run sealed room with co2 and you know we need 80 to get enough temp for the co2 to work at the best temp possible.

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

the sns works ! But be prepared to hit them more than once to really kill those eggs. It says it takes out the eggs as well , but a few of them always remain :fighting0003:

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Oy Vey! I am having same exact issue. I am in Asia, didnt even know they had these here... Just noticed them on a white bubba 3 weeks from harvest. So far they are only in that one tent. I dont have co2 so that is not an option. I can get neem but it is too late into flower for that. I also have sm-90 but i have had bad bad experience using it as a foliar spray. There are no hydro shops near here. I panicked and right away ordered like 200 dollars worth of stuff to battle the bastards but it will take a week or two to get here.

I then remembered i had a hot-shot no pest strip and put it into the tent. I turned off the vent and let it hang in there for 2 days. Seems that they are all dead. I am really worried though about the effect of these strips on the bud. If i give them a long 3 week flush will it be safe to smoke the buds? Anyone been in similar situation and smoked the buds?

I heard someone say they think these are poison but then said they use floramite, heard that stuff is way more serious poison...

H

headinthetrees

You definitely don't want to be spraying floramite that late. I stop spraying it as soon as anything with bud matter appears. CO2 saturation works really well, we quelled an outbreak in our greenhouse like that last year by dumping about 200lbs into it over a few days. Keeping the temp low will really help out too, it slows down their reproductive process.

Top Bottom