spidermites 3 wks from finishing

• Thread starter jaybird
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Just got some spray from CanadianXpress will try out. I really hate to folliar spray anything after flower starts though both because of the taste affecting buds and because of mold issue. Is Azamax or Azatrol effective just using it in the resv not spraying? Anything else that is effecting just putting into the rez not needing to spray?

JB

C

CanadianClassic

Get some Lady Bugs they will feast on those little bastards! Think u can buy like 1500 lady bugs for 29 bucks

Goodluck with the Ladies!!!

devious d

devious d

that spray safe from canadian express is pretty good for a spray just before harvest used it myself a few yrs ago and did the trick 2 weeks before harvest. i dip and spray every crop now i grow in a loft, so you have to take precautions.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Get some Lady Bugs they will feast on those little bastards! Think u can buy like 1500 lady bugs for 29 bucks

-What if i live in asia? where can i order from? dont think they can ship international can they?

Devious D- I am nervous about this stuff getting on the buds... did you spray the buds? Did it affect the taste? If i spray I need something that is going to basically disapear is that the case with this?

Thanks all!

JB

devious d

devious d

Alright Jaybee, i used it 2 weeks to harvest, just tried to spray leafs i was running dehumidifier to try to cut the chance of mould,obviously it will get on the buds but , better than wrapped up in web, how bad is the problem ?

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
so did it getting on the buds affect the taste? its not so bad now since i used the hot shot strip, but i am hella worried now about getting nerve damage from smoking the herb that has that hot shot no pest posion in it... (will smoke it anyway, no doubt...)

S

sunsimulator

ALCOHOL about 1 /4 cup to full cup to a gallon of water !!

won;t hurt plants ,, won;t leave no problems ,, KILLS BUGS !!!!! remember science class?

J

Jalisco Kid

ALCOHOL about 1 /4 cup to full cup to a gallon of water !!

won;t hurt plants ,, won;t leave no problems ,, KILLS BUGS !!!!! remember science class?

I pay attention to your posts, but this one would seem that it would just piss them off. Least ways the ones in socal needs to be hit hard and quick. A female will go into hibernation in a heartbeat. That's why you think they are gone, and they always come back. Actually they never left. JK

S

sunsimulator

HEY JK ..

LOL say u got some super mites huh .. I hate a spider mite !! When ya in late flower and don't want to use any thing that will harm the product ,, this is a great solution.
rubbing alcohol is poisonous to insects , spiders.

I like to add Einstein Oil to the alcohol and water . shake the piss out of it spray and shake it while im spraying, but that close to harvest i would use alcohol and water .

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
we dont have the super strong stuff here, we have like 70% only and it has some blue dye in it! seems they are afraid if they dont do that the locals will start drinking the stuff...

One more question- what happens if there are still some living mites when i harvest? will they die when the plant is dried out? or will they keep on living through that and in my jars? Right now seems they are just on the leaves (and not too bad situation with most killed by the 2 days of hot shot no pest)

THanks

N

nog

hot shot no pest, but they still come back. get a fast finishing strain so they dont have as long to multiply.

C

canaguy27

People that are putting chemicals up until harvest, would you drink that shit out of the bottle? If not, then don't put it on your plants that late. C'mon. Stop hurting people with that crap.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
This is herb is purely for self, so only person i need to worry about hurting is me.

Warning, Tangent: I have said this before, but just because some is "Chemical" or synthetic or not organic based does not mean it is bad or dangerous. And just because something is "natural" or "organic" doesn not mean it is safe and good.

How about after harvest folks? Will the bugs die when i dry? do they live on in the buds or only on the leaves? Avoid smoking the mites?

[Just smoking the nyc hp 13 now, so dank...]

JayBee

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

There's not much you can due once they are in that deep. Spraying soap water will slow them down but you have to rinse down the buds with water before harvest. Just finish them out and they will die. I used avid and floramite and it just nuked them.

S

sunsimulator

This is herb is purely for self, so only person i need to worry about hurting is me.

Warning, Tangent: I have said this before, but just because some is "Chemical" or synthetic or not organic based does not mean it is bad or dangerous. And just because something is "natural" or "organic" doesn not mean it is safe and good.

How about after harvest folks? Will the bugs die when i dry? do they live on in the buds or only on the leaves? Avoid smoking the mites?

[Just smoking the nyc hp 13 now, so dank...]

JayBee

Hey bro ,, alcohol and water ,, some ppl use 1 :1 ,, some use 3:1 ,, water to alcohol ,, look it up on the net many ppl use this for mites ..

as far as after harvest. when hanging the mites will crawl off the buds ,, wrap duct tape backwards around the stalks when u hang for drying they will crawl into tape ,, they do not like drying weed.

also when u harvest fill your bath tub with water .. trim buds and put them in the water ,, when u submerse
the buds in water all the lil mites will come off ,, it won't hurt the buds either ,..

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Thanks JJ, I just got some floramite, also have some azamax on the way. RIght now it really seems like the no pest strips are best way to go and I dont think they are as dangerous as some other folks think. I am more worried about the floramite than i am about the no pest strips.

Sun- I just cant risk spraying the buds OR dipping them in a bath-tub, even with a/c it is hot and humid where i am and mold is biggest worry at all times. I dont know, maybe i will dip one to try it out and try to keep fan on that bud 24/7. Doesnt spraying alchohol on the buds affect the trichromes and thc? I like the tape idea, gonna do that for sure.

I dont have a real bad infestation now, i have three tents and it looks like they pretty much just stayed in one tent and only got to 2 of the plants in there before the no pest strips shut them down. I only left the strip in the tent for 2 days, but am gonna keep it in the room that tents are in for another 5 days.

JJ- did you water with the avid and floramite or did you spray them?

Thanks for help guys.

JB

M

mchl

i found a new product at the local grow store. it is made by SNS. (www.serrianaturalscience.com). it is 2% rosemary oil and it works good. spray it on the buds, leaf, where ever you see the bugs. they hate it. in 20 min. they are gone. they will come back in a few days cuz you can"t get all of them. great product for mite control. use it under lights or in the dark, won't burn leaf or bud. don"t think i would use it with sulfer, might burn everything. good luck.

Top Bottom