Spidermites!!!! Help! Predatory Mites?

• Thread starter Th3GrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3GrowGuy

I have a massive infestation of spider mites mighty wash was working it is now completely useless. They seem to bath in it. I have avid but due to some plants being in bloom at week 9 I have been considering predatory mites for my vegging plants. Does anyone have any experience with using predatory mites?

T

toquer

For constant control I use cucumeris. I get them in the sachets and hang one on each plant. It is overkill but they are a general feeder as opposed to a specific feeder. The sachets last about five weeks up to seven. They are the cheapest long term solution I've found.
https://greenmethods.com/cucumeris/

But for outbreaks I use persimilis. These fuckers are expensive but if you are before week 7 you'll be clean by harvest. You have to go big though. Otherwise you're just messing around. Get as many as you can afford for your grow.

https://greenmethods.com/persimilis/

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
the budding plants at week nine should prolly be trimmed. there is also some very organic sprays that should work.. triact 70 and essentria ic3 are good places to start

T

Th3GrowGuy

You guys are amazing thank you for all of the assistance, going to try to reclaim my vegging plants but for the bloomers they are almost SOL just continually deweb and try to clean while my last week of budding goes.

T

toquer

Alcohol on qtips helps to remove webbing. Kills mites on contact. Will bleach leaves to and dry them out instantly but it evaporates and leaves no residue.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Why would you use only one product over and over? You know these bugs build up an immunity right?

T

Th3GrowGuy

Bulldog, I am aware that they build up immunity now....... I have been reading for awhile and I did see this as a common trend, I also have very good grade miticide that I do plan on spraying that everyone seems to claim will kill it all. (Avid) Since my plants were already starting to bloom during my first spotting of the mites I stayed away from spraying so I didn't contaminate my colas. The mighty wash was working so I was hoping to fight them off for the 9 weeks required I didn't know that they would be able to recover so quickly. My flowers are almost ready to be harvested so I am still diligently cleaning them daily to try to create a quality harvest. Once these are harvested I am going to take the nuclear option and try to destroy the colony currently residing. After I spray the plants and their surrounding areas I plan on releasing predatory mites to ensure that I do not have issues again and that all of the eggs have been destroyed.

If anyone has a better idea I am open to suggestions just do not want my plants to suffer the effects of the mites anylonger.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

^what he said. Also, its al about timing your sprays. Hit em every 3rd day 4 times and you're golden. Has worked for me every time.
I treated some flowers at week 6 harvested at 56 days, and they passed the pesticide screening. So the product does what the manufacturer claims.

Top Bottom