Spidermites

• Thread starter Burnnriichh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Burnnriichh

Burnnriichh

Help I have white small bugs in my grow room what do I do they may be spider mites helppppp

My leaves aren’t effected but I’m afraid their acting my roots

Any remedies

Spidermites
chemistry

chemistry

Stick up a better pic, one that shows the bugs and the damage they've done.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Can’t see any mite damage I see some white dots but not convinced it’s spider if it is you need this or something like .

92ED6517 045B 4EAB 92E1 437C4F9C9709
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
PS Gday welcome to the farm regards OD .

chemistry

chemistry

Is that a Thrip on the bottom leaf, one inch from the stem on the leaf facing us.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Yes I see mite damage, very minor mite damage...that's how they start out , a bad infestation you'll actually see little spider webs.... Having said that any of you guys have any idea how many times a week neems oil can be applied safely to cannabis without hurting the plant?... I know what the bottle says but I want somebody with experience... And for the moment I'm personally stuck with the neems oil....any more trips to the garden center while flu is still going on in my sweetie my start bitching...urgha!! Woman🥴... But my trips outdoors with my plants while there was no green foilage on the trees made my nice lush green ladies their prime and only Target...😠😠

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Yes I see mite damage, very minor mite damage...that's how they start out , a bad infestation you'll actually see little spider webs.... Having said that any of you guys have any idea how many times a week neems oil can be applied safely to cannabis without hurting the plant?... I know what the bottle says but I want somebody with experience... And for the moment I'm personally stuck with the neems oil....any more trips to the garden center while flu is still going on in my sweetie my start bitching...urgha!! Woman🥴... But my trips outdoors with my plants while there was no green foilage on the trees made my nice lush green ladies their prime and only Target...😠😠
IMG 20200513 092449043
IMG 20200513 092455124

Pictures are of the top side and bottom side of a mite infested leaf... The small white dots on the bottom side of the leaf are either dead mites or their eggs the topside you see lots of white dotted coloration from where they we're feeding off the plant.. plant was treated yesterday but I still see a few live ones today

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

View attachment 972362View attachment 972363
Pictures are of the top side and bottom side of a mite infested leaf... The small white dots on the bottom side of the leaf are either dead mites or their eggs the topside you see lots of white dotted coloration from where they we're feeding off the plant.. plant was treated yesterday but I still see a few live ones today
Would like to add pyrithion to the equation because that's what I actually used both bottles look really similar... Sorry about the three long post together.. but I actually thought I use the neem oil yesterday...oops.. but I'm still seven or eight weeks away from picking any buds on the one I treated

IMG 20200513 095502028
Burnnriichh

Burnnriichh

Stick up a better pic, one that shows the bugs and the damage they've done.

they are so small I cant get I good picture I have start treating with been oil but I also have nets and black bugs

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

they are so small I cant get I good picture I have start treating with been oil but I also have nets and black bugs
Well the black soil gnats are easily controlled by either putting like a half inch to an inch layer of sand as a top coat in your pot (I have an ornamental pond outside with pond plants that I bring in every year that are full of them in the beginning) or as I accidentally found out this winter using heavy amounts of perlite eventually the perlite was washing up to the top of my pot creating a lair of pearlight about a half-inch thick that prevented the majority of gnats from getting in there to lay eggs..they're nearly impossible to completely eradicate but those are ways of controlling them... Maybe just dump some perlite about an inch thick over your soil might help with them

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Used your advice and fill the top layer with perlite
Well that certainly won't hurt anything between that and not over-watering the black gnat problem should go away... Trust me man my old lady's a clean freak and when I brought all those nats in the house she was pretty mad at me ,I had to find a way to make them go away

mancorn

mancorn

Having said that any of you guys have any idea how many times a week neems oil can be applied safely to cannabis without hurting the plant?
You need to break the life cycle of the mites, so OK to apply the neem every 3 days. Make sure you're getting the bottom of the leaves and soil.

R

redshift75

mosquito bits works amazing for gnats. I can treat my soil by tilling it in at start of season and it will keep em way down. Reapply when you get bad blooms of mosquitos. I think its just a bacteria strain that attacks the larva. Works well as a dual treatment to whatever you want to use to kill the adults. Just to throw that out there as a fungus gnat treatment.

mancorn

mancorn

Well the black soil gnats are easily controlled by either putting like a half inch to an inch layer of sand as a top coat in your pot (I have an ornamental pond outside with pond plants that I bring in every year that are full of them in the beginning) or as I accidentally found out this winter using heavy amounts of perlite eventually the perlite was washing up to the top of my pot creating a lair of pearlight about a half-inch thick that prevented the majority of gnats from getting in there to lay eggs..they're nearly impossible to completely eradicate but those are ways of controlling them... Maybe just dump some perlite about an inch thick over your soil might help with them
Use Mosquito Bits (or smash up the dunks) and apply to the soil and it will safely get rid of the gnats.

Edit: do what red says, 😀

R

redshift75

a teaspoon in a gallon of water of the bits and let steep for about an hour and apply the whole gallon to 12 plants. Almost over night you will see the gnat adults start to disappear. Add that with a spray for adults and they all about disappear. $15 bottle is enough for me to treat several acres of garden beds a year. Ive been considering using a spray bottle so i can just mist the top of the soil enough to get that saturation mark vs dumping it on. Might give more even control in the pots. Honestly its the most cost effective solution to that problem i think one can use. I actually stocked up on it this year since the competing brand is no longer allowed to be sold to my understanding. So im worried in the future mosquito bits will disappear as well. Which means i may have to start growing the bacteria myself ;)

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

mosquito bits works amazing for gnats. I can treat my soil by tilling it in at start of season and it will keep em way down. Reapply when you get bad blooms of mosquitos. I think its just a bacteria strain that attacks the larva. Works well as a dual treatment to whatever you want to use to kill the adults. Just to throw that out there as a fungus gnat treatment.
Thanks man I never tried them I figured it was some kind of chemical.... Because where I live the mosquito is practically a state bird June through August... And I'll certainly keep that in mind this fall when I bring my pond plants in because those pots are too big and heavy for me to be dumping sand on them like I did last year

mancorn

mancorn

Thanks man I never tried them I figured it was some kind of chemical.... Because where I live the mosquito is practically a state bird June through August... And I'll certainly keep that in mind this fall when I bring my pond plants in because those pots are too big and heavy for me to be dumping sand on them like I did last year

Even says on the label it's good for gnats. I also use it in my small pond (when the raccoons have cleared out the fish) and think it actually works better for the gnats. Seems to kills all of them and they don't come back. In the pond, for mosquitos, you need to keep applying every couple weeks. It is a biologically, but doesn't mean it's not dangerous to other pond gritters (so 10 goldfish for $1 is a better option for me).

Top Bottom