Spikes and layers from TLO

• Thread starter pipokush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pipokush

pipokush

Hi everyone! How’s it going? 😊

I’m reading the TLO book and in chapter 5, where they talk about the spikes, I can’t understand a few things:

The spike method is useful to have a reserve of nutrients in the soil, but you cannot use it if you have a young plant or roots nearby because you will burn the plant.

If I have a large pot and a medium/big plant, can I use the spike method? I assume that one part of the root zone will burn, but is it worth it?

Is the blend I make up to my choice?

For the last, i wanna know the experiences they you have using this method

Buenos humos!

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Yes and no . Depends on the soil your using . That is the proper answer to your question.
Spikes is from my understand SLOW release . You need fast release . Put nutrients into water that is fast release . Put into soil done .
Your spikes may work if your using a soil that is quality and has a lot of stored nutrients in it like fox farm its a hot soil.
For a cannabis grower i will say those spikes wont work . Reason these plants grow so fast they require more nutrients then a typical house plant . Hope this helped a little or made your question worse . I would pass on using them. You should check my post im watering with only black coffee for nutrients There really coming around ill up date he new pics tomorrow .
It will be interesting In flower

pipokush

pipokush

Yes and no . Depends on the soil your using . That is the proper answer to your question.
Spikes is from my understand SLOW release . You need fast release . Put nutrients into water that is fast release . Put into soil done .
Your spikes may work if your using a soil that is quality and has a lot of stored nutrients in it like fox farm its a hot soil.
For a cannabis grower i will say those spikes wont work . Reason these plants grow so fast they require more nutrients then a typical house plant . Hope this helped a little or made your question worse . I would pass on using them. You should check my post im watering with only black coffee for nutrients There really coming around ill up date he new pics tomorrow .
It will be interesting In flower
absolutely will check your post. But i think the fundamental of living soil its do not feed the plant, instead feed the soil. what do i think maybe is good is for make a reservory of nutrientes and make it aviabeleble for the plant when the plant need´s it

Top Bottom