Split AC or Window Unit??

• Thread starter naynay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

a Mini split system is the BEST way to go! Yes u can run them in CAli LOL. There practically silent compared to a normal unit as well. so need to worry about your neighbors hearing it! I have several rooms where they drain right into a 55gal drum and they give me pure water every 4/5 days.. no need for a RO unit!

I just installed the 24k one I linked above. What I cannot believe is how quiet the outside unit is. Im mean unless you stand right next to it you cannot even tell if its on at full blast!! I love your 55 gallon drum water solution. Gunna look into that fo sho!!

t.o.med

t.o.med

a Mini split system is the BEST way to go! Yes u can run them in CAli LOL. There practically silent compared to a normal unit as well. so need to worry about your neighbors hearing it! I have several rooms where they drain right into a 55gal drum and they give me pure water every 4/5 days.. no need for a RO unit!

thats cool whatever works best for you. i just think they should make bigger ones. what if you need 120,000 btu you going to have 6 of those things sitting outside your house.i like the wpc water cooled ac best if you have the available amps it uses refrigerant and water. the one i had could cool 30 bare bulbs no problem and no compressor outside the building.it really comes down to what is best for you i dont think there is any best unit for every application.

L

Lost

T.O. - hey if you have water as a resource in abundance, and your solution uses less power, more power too you. My state of the art system still eats more power then the ones your using so in your area why would you not use those!

Different areas are going to have different solutions being best. And different sizes need Different solutions. These new inverter mini splits are really doing great things, but your not going to cool 150,000 btu with them :)

R

REGISTRD

LOL T.O. You went from a 5ton unit to a 150k btu unit! LMAO.. Done with U.....

Lost... THanks for the info on that unit. Yes they are very silent and for the money are way worth it! :cool0044:

t.o.med

t.o.med

all im saying is those mini splits are better for smaller applications. i dont have the 120000 btu unit anymore because i dont have a grow that big now. the unit i have now is the same as in the first pic but only has 2 fans not five. if waters not a concern i would still take my unit over yours any day. less amps no refrigerant and no extra compresser sitting outside my house. but like lost said my situation isnt the same as yours. you use what works for you i use what works for me.

M

mrdizzle

registard your actually dead wrong here, a heat exchanger uses 1/4 the power and actually cools its full btu rating. a 2ton chiller actually cools 24,000btu but a 2ton mini split cools about 18,000btu-20btus, thats why everyone uses 4000btu perlight not 3500btu

The down fall of the heatexchanger is water usage. in cali it is impossible, in canada everyone uses one of those units T.O.med uses? because they dont pay for water in most areas and they cool much better.

R

REGISTRD

registard your actually dead wrong here, a heat exchanger uses 1/4 the power and actually cools its full btu rating. a 2ton chiller actually cools 24,000btu but a 2ton mini split cools about 18,000btu-20btus, thats why everyone uses 4000btu perlight not 3500btu

The down fall of the heatexchanger is water usage. in cali it is impossible, in canada everyone uses one of those units T.O.med uses? because they dont pay for water in most areas and they cool much better.

Hey Dizzle thanks for the response. Actually I'm not wrong at all if u look at the link he posted, u can do the math yourselves and he even put it pulls over 25 amps. could run 2 units and still be almost 5 amps less. Where am I wrong? and Im not talking about the Heat exchangers. Im talking about the split ac system he linked.
Remember were comparing apples to apples here, NOt oranges to apples! Im going off what info he posted here and linked too.. but the 2 ton unit that pulls 25.8 amps is HORRIBLE.. I could run a 6 ton for LESS is all im saying.....

A

avapxia

Hey TO, I was hoping you could give me some info on how to set up an exchanger in a recirculating water system. Eg, what size/type of pump would I need for the coils, how big of a chiller, what size reservor, etc. If everything falls into place for me, I want to have the reservoir being chilled in my basement and have the exchanger on the upper level floor, plumbed into the res. How plausible is this setup with a powerful pump?

The bigger the coils, the fewer you should need in a single unit for more BTU, right? The reason I ask is because I have someone telling me a single coil in one of their units is rated for 6500 BTU, whereas others I've seen are rated around 3500 BTU per single coil. Not really sure if they're trying to pull one over on me, but given I have no experience with or extensive knowledge on exchangers, I'm hoping you could me the lowdown. And yeah, these units don't increase humidity, right? Just need to be sure of that.

JH420

JH420

if you dont pay for water or waters cheap these fan chillers are the way to go 25,000 btus draws 4 amps cost me $1100 canadian.

Do these generate heat off the back like window ac's?? I don't have good place to vent window ac heat, need a new solution.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

window shakers are cheaper and will not leak smell BUT they have a lower seer rating meaning they will cost a lot more to run.

http://www.acwholesalers.com/

you can get a minisplit for the low there. props to Sway for putting me up on this site!

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

split type do not leak air. They are ductless systems. The window units are 40% more power needed to run for the same BTU.

SPLITE AC vs WATER COOl 17-20%

i went ac because of water weight can be problem if your moving into a 2ed floor place.

ALSO seers. I was even looking at a 24 seer maytag. However the guy will not sell it because it not ment for head loads. It was more recomended a 13-14 seer that can run 100% vs some smart 24seer ac wantta be.

Also water can leak...

Latest posts

Top Bottom