Split on a stem

• Thread starter Greenguyz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vagician

Vagician

It looks like she is healing pretty well on her own. It should callus up and be just fine by the time you have some heavy flowers on that branch. Maybe stake and tie it above the break just in case it is a little weaker.

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

It looks like she is healing pretty well on her own. It should callus up and be just fine by the time you have some heavy flowers on that branch. Maybe stake and tie it above the break just in case it is a little weaker.
Ok will stake it just in case. thanks

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
My Late Father use to grow his Sativa plants to about 3 foot to 4 , then he would clean his graphing knife and start to split the plant up the middle from about 2 to 3 inch From ground level right to the top , he would cut the top tip of plant off and toss It away , then he already made up his , Willow bark juice from crushing it in mum’s old close mangle mix it with honey and wood ash to make a paste of sorts , he would then cover the entire cut surface of the plant then lay the cut plant sides down over a raised garden bed full of compost and worm castings , peg it down using smith river stone in places to keep cut surface down in new home , the plant would start to sent roots all the way down the to the new top of plant and each branch was then segmented off the rooting raft which was the split side of the plant and potted up in his hot house , in those days when you got a good female you couldn’t have a big plant growing proud in your yard , my father wanted to maximum clones I guess you can so-called them , ive done it with some mixed results my father was a great horticulturist and a fantastic teacher and friend to boot . Sorry if I drifted off subject I just want to tell you that you can manipulate the plant to your best advantage the method he used was a old Bonsai method called rafting he learnt way back before I was a twinkle in his eye as mum says .

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

My Late Father use to grow his Sativa plants to about 3 foot to 4 , then he would clean his graphing knife and start to split the plant up the middle from about 2 to 3 inch From ground level right to the top , he would cut the top tip of plant off and toss It away , then he already made up his , Willow bark juice from crushing it in mum’s old close mangle mix it with honey and wood ash to make a paste of sorts , he would then cover the entire cut surface of the plant then lay the cut plant sides down over a raised garden bed full of compost and worm castings , peg it down using smith river stone in places to keep cut surface down in new home , the plant would start to sent roots all the way down the to the new top of plant and each branch was then segmented off the rooting raft which was the split side of the plant and potted up in his hot house , in those days when you got a good female you couldn’t have a big plant growing proud in your yard , my father wanted to maximum clones I guess you can so-called them , ive done it with some mixed results my father was a great horticulturist and a fantastic teacher and friend to boot . Sorry if I drifted off subject I just want to tell you that you can manipulate the plant to your best advantage the method he used was a old Bonsai method called rafting he learnt way back before I was a twinkle in his eye as mum says .
Thanks for sharing that man. This plant is more resilient than I ever thought. It’s freaking magic man. I researched the splitting technique online and it seems very interesting 🧐 🤔

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
my plant is mostly layed over atm due to me dropping an 8 to 6 reducer on it lmao, i feel this pain i just watered with some b1 and hopefully she does ok.

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

Me too, it sucks to have all of my stuff stored behind the grow area. basically have to climb over it
Well don’t feel too bad. Shit happens. Few weeks ago a clip on fan fell and decapitated my seedling 🌱. Was pissed

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks for sharing that man. This plant is more resilient than I ever thought. It’s freaking magic man. I researched the splitting technique online and it seems very interesting 🧐 🤔
My parents were some of the original hippies that moved to Nimbin in early 40’s and 50’s for a simpler off grid life style I was raised on our 125 acre , Safe Haven as Dad called it we grew all our own food , raised poultry for meat , fished our rivers for bass , hunted our bush for pigs , I saw my dad grow many big Sativa plants in many different ways he was ahead of his time , he never smoked tobacco or drank any beer or strong drink as he called it , but he would smoke spliffs all day and night worked on his Save Haven till he passed away happily hoeing out weed in corn crop at 97 . He had a smile on his face and a spliff behind his ear . Many of the growers used thr trunk splitting method for years and years till some skunk seed came Nimbins way then it was short skunk grown and Sativa was left to the bush growers .

Latest posts

Top Bottom