splitting my grow room in half???

• Thread starter bmvortex81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

hi my fellow growers im in a bit of a bind i have a 76x76x76 grow tent and im in need of a flower room is it possibale to split my tent in half for this. i really dont have many other options. suggestions welcome thx in advance

organicpanic

organicpanic

Anything is possible! So your thinking split it so you will have a veg and flower area? Seems like it would be a pain in the ass but I've never done it. Size wise it would surely work. Or get creative with a veg space so you can utilize the whole tent for flower. I'm gonna have to build a stealth cabinet/dresser setup soon for my veg area as the closet I'm using will barely fit a 1k for flower.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

yeah thats what im thinking but i been following bozo and hes creative with dressers and i qctually have one in my grow room, but the problem is i have 6 5 gal buckets 4 gal pots and a 9 hole hydro in vegging right now. but note i havnt determined sex yet i have taken a cutting from each and as soon as roots establish i want to throw em in 12/12 to sex them thus freeing up some room by weeding out the males, i currently only have 1 definet fem (shes a white widow and i got a 10 pack of mixed so theres 2 of them i there also) but just waiting to sex them. so the dresser in theory wont work with 5 gal buckets so im kinda screwed there check out my grow diaries

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

if u do look in my diaries the first pic is everything i have in my tent and it takes up exactaly half actually i threw in 3 more today lemme get a pic up here oh also im workin on puttin a scubber in and i got a fan i pulled of my wood stove its got a square 6 inch flange on it that imm rig up to hook up to a 6 inch scrubber, now my question is the fan is 265cfm do i need a scrubber thats higer like 300cfm or lower like 250 cfm to b effective? thx all!!

DSC00994
DSC00995
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...i'm afraid trying to split one tent into 2 spaces would be very difficult to manage where one side would need total darkness for 12 hours per day, plus the complications in exhausting and circulating the air.

...you will need 2 spaces but i'd suggest you buy a second, smaller tent, say this 24" x 24" x 64" or this 36" x 36" x 72" or maye this 36" x 36" x 81" with a seperate cloning chamber up top.

...if those are still too big for you to find room for there are smaller options available.

...oh, and i'd be using your larger tent for flowering and the smaller one for vegging and you can't go too small or it won't give you the growth you'll need to feed the flowering side.

and you'll note that those tents are fairly cheap and if it's for veg, you can even get away with a cheap one from e-bay, so long as it's not one that off gases, light leaks are far less important on the veg side of things.

peace, bozo

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

what about building one? i know u r quite a builder from posts ive seen from you and im pretty good at building i dunno if u red further up but i do have like a 2 foot by 4 foot by 4 foot or around there and its in the room with my other tent how bout sumthing on the order of that? thx bozo

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...building one can be done but when you're repurposing an already built structure for a different job it can become complex and frustrating, believe me, if you go through my dresser cab build linked in my sig you'll see how completely i had to disassemble and redesign and then rebuild it in a totally different configuration.

...there isn't much help for this either because each situation is unique, and i eyeball everything so i'd be little help, basically i'm just a hack with a hammer so if you try to repurpose you'll be pretty much on your own, with the caveat that you should certainly spend a LOT of time reading as many build threads as you can find so you can see how others have solved some of the more common issues, it is in these threads where you will find solutions to your most vexing frustrations. ...and that's not to say i'd not be willing to help but rather that mostly it'll be on you, we're all alone in this together, as it were.

...with a tent you can have it out of the box and standing in less than a half hour and it has venting and holes for electricals already built into it so if you have your lights and fans already bought you can have a tent up and running inside an hour if you're snappy, ...in an afternoon for sure if you're lazy like me.

everything is a trade off bro, and while building something can be very satisfying, it usually doesn't save you much money so if you have the cake, i'd strongly suggest you pick up a second tent.

good luck, bozo

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

ok here how bout this i have another 76x76x76 tent that was my first one and the door was torn half way off im thinking of throwing that up and making it work for a veg /clone tent, i dont really want to take up another full room but i dont have cash flow right now to b putting in ya feel me? i barley came up with enough for my scrubber as i said i swipped the 265 cfm fan off my wood stove and trying to get scruuber not sure if i should go lower cfm on the scrubber or higher? info please on that? as far as tent i can make it work for now for veggin and cloneing light leaks arnt a big issue cause there on 24/7 anywho right? thx

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

ok here how bout this i have another 76x76x76 tent that was my first one and the door was torn half way off im thinking of throwing that up and making it work for a veg /clone tent, i dont really want to take up another full room but i dont have cash flow right now to b putting in ya feel me? i barley came up with enough for my scrubber as i said i swipped the 265 cfm fan off my wood stove and trying to get scruuber not sure if i should go lower cfm on the scrubber or higher? info please on that? as far as tent i can make it work for now for veggin and cloneing light leaks arnt a big issue cause there on 24/7 anywho right? thx
for sure then that's the way to go, and duct tape is your friend bro so tape that torn door up as nice as you can and know that at least with the veg side of things you don't need to worry about light leaking IN and light leaking OUT is only a concern if it can be seen by nosy eyes or it can leak INTO the budding chamber.

Baby

...the veg side can be very basic and low-budget and still get the job nicely done, here's a couple shots of my own vegging settup and you'll see i'm only using a pair of 2bulb T12 shoplights that cost me $20.00 each at Lowes, a couple circulation fans to keep the air moving and an old squirrel cage blower i've have for about 8 years now, it was actually the first proper exhaust fan i bought back in the day.

DSCN0459

DSCN0460

...as you can see it is as simple and cheap as can be, counting the cost of a new tent and a better quality exhaust fan than mine i'd say i could duplicate this setup for maybe $350.00 and it'd probably be less than that but i don't want to overstate how cheap and basic you can go.

...quite frankly though if you are really on a budget you can find some awesome deals at discount builders supply houses rather than stores like Lowes because they deal in close-outs and over-runs and seconds and the like, ...youi can do even better at a builders salvage yard where you can find fluoro and HID fixtures for very small money, some may need some work though so you have to weigh your skills in that equation also.

...if you're real slick you can look for office building remodels and either raid the dumpsters or approach someone on the jobsite for permission, many will allow you to just take what you want so they don't have to pay to have it hauled away.

anyway, i hope this helps give you some ideas.

peace, bozo

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

ok so heres my proposal i build up my other 76x3 tent and use that for veggin and use my tent that plants r in now for flower as far as a scrubber im attempting to build my own hehe will throw up pics of my progress with that and will also throw up pics of the veg tent when completed wish me luck bwahahah

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...depending on your exhaust fan a decent ready made scrubber isn't too much, maybe a hundred, a hundred fifty, plus, you won't really NEED it for about a month AFTER you flip, before that the aroma is fairly manageable with something like this that uses Odor Neutralizing Agent and Soil Moist Crystals, you put a 1lb container of Soil Moist into a 5 gallon bucket and then you pour in a gallon of water that has had about an 1/8th cup of ONA on top, ...the Soil Moist will expand and absorb the liquid and it should be recharged maybe once a week.

12 198143 OdorBox1

12 198146 OdorBox3

12 198153 OdorBox6

12 198154 OdorBox7

12 198158 OdorBox5

...something like this can be a great addition to your odor control strategy and in the first few weeks it will be sufficient but once your ladies really begin to bloom you'll need a proper scrubber.

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

dope bucket idea man
...yeah, thanks man but it's not my idea nor even my pictures, ...versions of this have been around for many years now, shit, mine is 8 years old, lol.

...i just see the need so i share the data, passing it on as it were, it was freely given to me so i freely give it back.

peace, bozo

burn4me

burn4me

...yeah, thanks man but it's not my idea nor even my pictures, ...versions of this have been around for many years now, shit, mine is 8 years old, lol.

...i just see the need so i share the data, passing it on as it were, it was freely given to me so i freely give it back.

peace, bozo
either way you da man for DIY ideas no matter if its your ideas or you just pass info. seems more often then not its you to have plan of action. thought you said you were lazy? lol

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

either way you da man for DIY ideas no matter if its your ideas or you just pass info. seems more often then not its you to have plan of action. thought you said you were lazy? lol
lol, you'd be surprised at how much work has gone into this 'lazy' approach.

...back in the beginning i had an almost non-existent budget so everything i did i had to improvise and to do that successfully requires an assload of research, ALL of my builds have been made possible because of the hundreds of threads i've read by other growers more skilled than i.

...and mostly i learned by lurking and studying and by doing, i have a personality flaw that makes it very hard for me to ask for help directly so i just studied my ass off and started popping beans, ...i popped 30 my first try and managed to kill them all within 2 weeks so i popped thirty more, i figured if others could do it so could i so i just started DOING it.

i've made plenty of mistakes along the way but each has helped me put another piece into the puzzle and it's only been the last 3 years or so that i've been able to become 'lazy'.

so now i just try to share, most especially with newcomers, in hopes of maybe sparing others some of my mistakes, if you know to avoid mine you are then free to begin making your own, lol.

peace, bozo

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

ya know that is mighty white of you to help others like so such as myself as im so green at growing, like u said ive done an asston of searching also seems like all i do as of late but it does pay off in the end result, my first grow i stated nine and ended up with 2 and got a bit under half oz of the 2, so this time i went a bit bigger and we will see if it pays off :D heres a couple of pics of my first attempt at main-lining not the best but i think not to bad for the first time 2225 and 2226 are one plant 2228 and 2229 are of the second plant attempt pic 2227 is of my hydro that i damn near killed from a res change and way to many nutes in it but changed res with clean ph'ed water and they r bouncing back nicely 2231 and 2232 are of the squirel cage fan i stole off my wood stove, it is 265 cfm from what i gathered from the model number i have looked around for the stuff to build my scrubber and i do beleave i have enough stuff around my garage to make one and all i need to buy is my activated carbon which i found on ebay for like 25 bucks for 5 lbs which i didnt think was to bad i will get that ordered and away i go building, i will b starting my project tommorow :D along with building my veg tent, got a few projects that need to get done cause id like to switch a few over to flower but gotta have a veg tent to put the others, plus i got 9 that i attempted to clone weather they turn out only time will tell im trying, any good tips on cloneing? ive killed 2 diff cloneing sessions ive attempted b4 my latest clones were doing farking awsome, started growing and everything but when i transplanted them to a bigger pot they died???? dunno if it was to early but they were getting to big for the domes i had so i had to move em and when they went to pots i didnt have a dome over them but kept hand watering and they just died i dunno touchy shit i tell ya

DSCN2225
DSCN2226
DSCN2227
DSCN2228
DSCN2229
DSCN2230
DSCN2231
DSCN2232
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

oh no bugs.... god damn flys away i go searching forways to solve that problem lol

Top Bottom