Spoiled Root Riots - Hydrodynamics

• Thread starter Theoneandonly Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

top of the day my fellow farmers. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up on spoiled Root Riot starter plugs made by Hydrodynamics.

A couple months ago i encountered a case of Root Riots that looked lighter in color - golden brown. I was curious and thought maybe they changed their source of peat moss. I opened a bag and was greeted by the worst smelling thing in my life. smelled like rotten shit mixed with hard boiled eggs topped off with more shit...

Called supplier and they switched them out no problem. Turns out, Root Riot switched manufactures of their packaging/bags. the new bags were air tight as the old ones let air flow in and out. Being that they were sealed in a moist condition, they became anaerobic and smelled like a dead worm farm (which if anybody knows, smells horrible)

Hydrodynamics has been aware of the issue and are more than willing to fix the problem. They said if one purchases a spoiled bag, simply return it to the store that it was purchased from and the store will deal with it. The problem was first reported in March but there are still spoiled plugs floating around... i just received another bad case which led me to contacting Hydrodynamics and also posting this thread.

affected bags:
-completely sealed
-golden brown
-smell like shit

If you run into the bad batch, you can simply boil the plugs for 10 mins or so if you dont want to go through the hassle. although returning the bad plugs is highly suggested.

thats my "inside the industry" scoop for the day:couchpotato: - we should have a sub topic for industry issues so that way we can keep all farmers in the loop of certain company issues... HINT HINT but i could also see some serious trolling happening there....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for the heads up, Z. :D

I am initially in agreement with you regarding an industry forum. I've used similar fora in other fields as well (marine fish), and they can be incredibly informative.

M

Max Stone

Picked up a bag yesterday and went to use them this morning and damn smell pert near knocked me over.

"worst smelling thing in my life. smelled like rotten shit mixed with hard boiled eggs topped off with more shit..."

This sums it up nicely.

So watch out if ya use these as they are still showing up...going forward it may be a good idea to open the bag and smell it before buying it....

d420dool

d420dool

Thanks for bringin this up z, i actually had something different happen with root riots, at least half the cobes in my bag were all in pieces, still dark brown and not smelly, they were just all in like rice crispie size pieces, strange, huh? It sucks cuz thes r my absolute fave cloning cubes, i hope theyre not goin downhill. What u guys think could have happened??

Top Bottom