• Thread starter seaslug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
seaslug

seaslug

September 24, 2014 at 6:38 AM
Spokane sewage could be tested for marijuana level
Posted by Nick Provenza
SPOKANE (AP) — The author of Washington’s recreational pot law has suggested that Spokane test its sewage for traces of the cannabis chemical THC as a general measure of pot use by residents.

American Civil Liberties Union lawyer Alison Holcomb proposed the idea at a Tuesday meeting of the City Council’s marijuana policy subcommittee, The Spokesman-Review reports.

Testing sewage for the psychoactive element from marijuana provides a more accurate level of trends than self-reporting on surveys, Holcomb said, citing research at the University of Washington and the University of Puget Sound.

“Nobody can lie about what’s showing up in the sewage,” she said.

The meeting included representatives of schools, law enforcement agencies, nonprofits and local government to discuss what information needs to be collected as policymakers look to maximize marijuana revenue while ensuring public safety.

Testing sewage, which can be frozen for later inspection, would provide only general use figures, not data broken down by age, said Holcomb.

Councilman Jon Snyder supported the idea.

“What an awesome new use for our sewage,” he said to laughter from those at the meeting.

Spokane wastewater director Dale Arnold said he would check with a lab this week to find out how difficult it is to get THC readings from wastewater.

“A large portion of that wastewater doesn’t come out of human beings,” Arnold said.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/09/spokane-sewage-could-be-tested-for-marijuana-level/

straincreation

straincreation

This is kinda weird, but cool as long as there not trying to use it against us. Like "everyone is getting high off tge shit water this needs to STOP"! Lmfao. Hahhaha.
I joke, i joke, then again i woukd out anything past our narcissistic goverment.​
Anyway happy farmin;)good post.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

We have hungry kids, homeless vets. And they testing doodoo water for weed.. Smfh. Ive literally, heard all the shit i can take for the year lol. Good post.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
"Sir we found residuals in the sewage indicating that town residents smoked or consumed an average total of 125 pounds of cannabis a month. But we only collect taxes on an average of 60 pounds a month"

Let's raise the cannanis tax to cover our "loss".

This is the only scenario I see a need to test thc levels for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom