Spokane

• Thread starter leafmold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

leafmold

Wats the haps farmers. Didnt know where to post this one. Hopefully this will get some attention. Anyway looking at relocating to spokane. Looking for insight. Anyone here from there. If so wats the scoop?

L

leafmold

What about surrounding areas. Was looking at deer park

fractal

fractal

Im from central cali maybe I'll feel at home up there. Damn was hoping for some positive feed back.Fuck meth!

It is a lot like stockton in many ways. There's a vibe in spokane that is very 80's, so many empty storefronts with places that have been closed for 20 years. Just a weird place.

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
this is funny everything you all said about Spokane is true its like one big ghetto its a good place to move if your a felon on the run you would definitely find other like minded people

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Damn it! I was hoping to move up there as well once my VA kicks in. Fuck! Is there any good places up there that is nice to live?

L

leafmold

I lived in western wa for many years. Its very beutiful and a great place to live. Its the cost of living that had me looking at the spokane area. That and the job market in the medical field. I just want to get my family out of cali. Good luck on the VA Al hope it comes soon. Im a vet myself. Are u in cali also?

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Yup brother... Starting to hate this place and have lived here all my life. Moved to the high desert to get away from the crap but it seems the cons parole up here. LOL. Only thing going for cali right now it the mmj.

frebo

frebo

Yup brother... Starting to hate this place and have lived here all my life. Moved to the high desert to get away from the crap but it seems the cons parole up here. LOL. Only thing going for cali right now it the mmj.
Can one even grow outside near Spokane? I would think the grow season might be too short.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Not from there brother. I am in cali. Also... I am a control freak and most likely would never grow outside.

L

leafmold

Yeah I keep it indoor. It does look like the fall comes hard n fast up there. A greenhouse would be my long term goal there. Well several. Wat sparked my interest was the decent houses on 5 acres for 160k. Thinking small organic farm scenario. Long term.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

the outsides of spokane are nice. its the city itself that can be pretty lame. I know a couple of circles up there, indoor and out. your looking at 1 harvest/year w/o any greenhouse and light dep scenario. Spokane has all the seasons, especially a nice winter with a decent snow fall. it gets hot in the summer as well. plenty of lakes and rivers to hit within a 30 mile radius.

Honestly, if your sick of Cali or your looking for a place to retire, the outskirts of spokane are a great place to look. I grew up in NW washington, from all over the san Juans to living in down town Sea. Nothing beats Western Washington. the down side is the rain and clouds, mainly the clouds if your living in the Puget Sound.

Ive been living in SoCali for 2 years now and i absolutely hate it... especially right now, its to dry and hot. the people suck, ive only met a handful of "real" people. not to mention how crowded it is, every time i hit the 101 i lose faith in humanity... i cant wait till i move back to Wa or even Oregon, or even Norcal... this place is over rated, great bud though...:cigar:

frebo

frebo

Yeah I keep it indoor. It does look like the fall comes hard n fast up there. A greenhouse would be my long term goal there. Well several. Wat sparked my interest was the decent houses on 5 acres for 160k. Thinking small organic farm scenario. Long term.
There is a state in between Cali and Washington. The land is more expensive but the winters are not so severe. I only use expensive electricity for light to winter my mothers. 24 plants and over 40 lbs - $1500 to $2000 in soil and nutrients per year - what does it cost per ounce indoors?

L

leafmold

Z right on glad to hear some decent feed back. Like I said im more looking at the deer park area. Not really planning on hanging around downtown. Kids would school in deer park and I would only cummute to spokane for work. The seasons are looking attractive. I do miss the sound but yeah the rain man.

L

leafmold

Frebo ive lived all over Oregon. Have family there. I feel wa is my home. I am not a cash cropper so wat I do spend on juice is well worth it. Two runs under the 1k supplies my wife for a year. As for cost per oz not sure. But I do know that its not full of poison.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Yup... that is my goal as well Nice farm with growing my own meds. Also from what I have looked at.... the eastern part does not see as much rain as the western part does. I will have to take a few weeks here and there and go check it out. Thanks Z for the headsup.

frebo

frebo

Yup... that is my goal as well Nice farm with growing my own meds. Also from what I have looked at.... the eastern part does not see as much rain as the western part does. I will have to take a few weeks here and there and go check it out. Thanks Z for the headsup.
I support five or six card holders and even here some strains will not finish before rain and freeze. I don't believe I use any poisons. I have dealt mites, mold, rats,deer,.....you name it. Still rather be outside. Eastern Wash. Temperatures get a lot colder. I hate cold. Check out "weed country" on Discovery channel. You might see my grow. How about our red necked sheriffs?

L

leafmold

Yeah no where near the rain fall as western Al were headed up the end of june. For a week. Then next fall hopefully for barter fair in Tonaskit. My wife cant wait. She wants to get outta here more then me.

Top Bottom