• Thread starter leafmold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

leafmold

Frebo thanks man. Was looking for info on Spokane though. Peace

tweedy

tweedy

Over in the puget sound. I visit the east side of the state quite often for the better halves family and its is tremendously different. If I were you I'd park myself somewhere right east of the mountains (basically anything along the same area as leavenworth, chelan, etc). The towns in and of themselves all leave a little to be desired from a "city" perspective but as far as growing is concerned its almost perfect. Get the mountains to block the yucky shit from my side and you have the evergreens thin out a little for better plots and sun penetration (like someone said earlier, we are a lot like SF if youve been, TONS of overcast days up my area, not quite the case with that side).

Love washington and you are only a few hours from anything you'd care to see. We've got everything from rainforests to deserts all in an 8 hour drive.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Best wishes brother Leafmold.... It may be a while for us as I have fighting with the VA. They are backlogged big time.

Frebo.... best wishes to you as well brother. Not sure about the sheriffs but we deal with that big time here as well in cali. Especially SB and Riv. counties... oh and do not get me started on SD county...lol

L

leafmold

I hear u about the va . I have alot if friends and coworkers fighting them. Im sure my time will come too. Best wishes to you as well

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Yup yup... I had applied a long time ago and come to find out back then when they sent me my letter of denial.... everything I had put in for is the reason I can't work now. Hopefully this will speed it up now as the VA rep was full of crap! I have one of the independant VA organizations handling it now. Thanks brother... Hope we run into each other up there some day. ;)

fractal

fractal

Can one even grow outside near Spokane? I would think the grow season might be too short.

You'll need a greenhouse and lights + dehumidifier to take them through september and into october. This year, hot and sunny until Sept. 4 then it's 80% humidity and thunderstorms. Outdoor crops would be molding right now if you have indicas. If you want to grow in E Washington the best way is to get just on the east side of the cascades, hugging the ridge barely in the rain shadow.

vaporedout

vaporedout

Frebo thanks man. Was looking for info on Spokane though. Peace

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/wa/spokane/crime/

were in the same boat, looking for a place in WA. we thought possibly spokane, until the wife pulled this # up :)

***spoiler alert***
spokane ranked #2 !!!!! 100 is the safest :( :( were lookin round seattle area, around there. maybe some peninsula? not sure, still researchin and PM farmers here to get the low down on areas.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
I heard about a killer skunk cut from Spokane. Never seen it. Just heard about it.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Killer skunk is a strain from some awesome breeders out of England called "underground originals". I know a few people who took my advice and ordered seeds and were not disappointed. I am sure Spokane has some great herb, as I have always stopped by the skatepark under the bridge for over ten years and been able to score some proper things.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Killer skunk is a strain from some awesome breeders out of England called "underground originals". I know a few people who took my advice and ordered seeds and were not disappointed. I am sure Spokane has some great herb, as I have always stopped by the skatepark under the bridge for over ten years and been able to score some proper things.

I didn't mean the strain was called killer skunk, I meant like it was some killer. Dude that told me about said its name was the Spokane skunk. Said it was the real deal RKS. Idk though I never Sean it. Just heard rumors about it. Never been to WA, and only reason I even new about Spokane was cuz dude told me about it.

Just throwing in my 2 cents.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I didn't mean the strain was called killer skunk, I meant like it was some killer. Dude that told me about said its name was the Spokane skunk. Said it was the real deal RKS. Idk though I never Sean it. Just heard rumors about it. Never been to WA, and only reason I even new about Spokane was cuz dude told me about it.

Just throwing in my 2 cents.
Now I am super interested and would not be surprised if there is some true road kill up there. Sorry for the misunderstanding

L

leafmold

Vapor thanks. Ive been digging for info too and it doesn't look promising. I grew up on the kitsap peninsula. Got family up there. Its a beautiful place to live. It really offers alot. We dont want to live in the city but we need to be close enough for work. If you want info on kitsap or hood canal area let me know.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Hood canal is one of the best places in wa IMO. Family had a cabin there for years

L

leafmold

Yeah hood canal is awesome. Olympic nat park is amazing. I sure miss going down the the beach build a fire catch a silver cook it right there on the beach. If your a fisher that place is awesome for salmon/steelhead. Shit all kinds of seefood. Hmm maybe I need to sell my wife on western wa.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Trailer parks fenced in by barbed wire, in the middle of an apartment complex.

Ah spokane, how I miss thee.

tweedy

tweedy

Thought I'd also throw out that my girlfriend got her car stolen in her apartment complex parking lot while living in Spokane. I know it's a resounding no from a lot of folks on the board, but thought I'd just put the nail in the coffin. You should just come up for a couple of weeks and road trip. If you end up coming I can give you a list of towns to check out if you just want to PM me.

My final dirt will be on Lopez Island I believe. The San Juans are beautiful, it's located in the "banana belt" so it's perfect weather year round (barely ever gets below freezing and barely ever peaks 80), and it's a very neat community of folks. A lot of Neville's original beans came from Lopez and the Seattle area as well to my knowledge. Pez and all of it's derivatives of from Lopez as well. Seems like a comfortable place :)

L

leafmold

Now that im getting reviews from real folks and the research ive done on my own we're def gonna steer clear of spookane. Looks like western Washington for sure. Not sure why I was fighting the urge to go back there anyway. I do remember the pez craze up there. And I do know of some killer local strains from the kitsap area. After all I came to cali for the outdoor possibilities and have yet to do anything outside. Even with that being said growing is not our entire deciding factor as to where we are going to relocate.

G

gunboats

Hope im not too late, I'm from spokane and thought i'd give some info. Yes, crime is a problem, but largely is composed of small property crime and auto theft. As far as large scale violent crime such as murder and armed robbery, spokane is still extremely safe. It often gets a bad rep from it's large meth community and high amounts of petty crime, but unless you get involved with those particular circles of people, you will likely not be a victim of these crimes. Also, the MMJ community is highly under developed, there is no way that these dispensaries (maybe 8 total in the entire county?) are actually meeting demand. If your a legitimate grower, you'll be a big fish in a small pond in the Spokane area. There are only 2 dispensaries that I frequent, because they have been the only legitimate ones i've come across. And of these two clubs, there are maybe a total of four or five consistent top shelf strains. Good weed is scarce in this area. And the best part of spokane is the geographic area. It's surrounded with recreational areas and it's about a fifteen minute drive in any direction to completely get outside of the city (there is no metro area).

L

leafmold

Thanks for the input gun. Not too late at all. Were not slated to flee cali till 2017. Tell me more. You know anything bout deer park. Hows the drive from the city. How about fishing and backpacking etc. School system for the kids.

G

gunboats

Deer Park is a pretty nice town. It's about 20 minutes out of spokane, the drive is almost always free of traffic. The school system is actually fairly decent I hear for a small town. Spokane schools are probably better, they're actually pretty reputable. The fishing in the immediate area of spokane isn't that great (stay away from medical lake!), but an hour drive in any direction (preferably east), and you get into some real good trout fishing. The st. joe river is excellent. There are 4 or 5 pretty nice ski areas within the area as well. Don't know too much about backpacking, but there are mountains and trails all over the place.

Top Bottom