Spots on 2 week old seedling

• Thread starter paulsreef
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
paulsreef

paulsreef

Spots on 2 week old seedling

It’s not the greatest photo, but you can make out the brownish spots on this 2 week old Gelato strain. I never had this appear on my last Gelato grow. Any ideas? Thanks!

paulsreef

paulsreef

View attachment 1239104
It’s not the greatest photo, but you can make out the brownish spots on this 2 week old Gelato strain. I never had this appear on my last Gelato grow. Any ideas? Thanks!
99EFE2C7 2D1D 44B9 BA9C 13DEBCE27BD6
99EFE2C7 2D1D 44B9 BA9C 13DEBCE27BD6
I posted a better photo. The leaves that had brown spots are now turning yellow with some signs of yellowing are on younger leaves. I haven’t started feeding the plant yet, it’s 3 weeks old. I have another same strain plant beside it without these issues, but this one is growing quicker than the other. Any ideas?

TSD

TSD

View attachment 1239682View attachment 1239682I posted a better photo. The leaves that had brown spots are now turning yellow with some signs of yellowing are on younger leaves. I haven’t started feeding the plant yet, it’s 3 weeks old. I have another same strain plant beside it without these issues, but this one is growing quicker than the other. Any ideas?
What are your watering practices and what is your environment like? Need more info on your setup.

paulsreef

paulsreef

What are your watering practices and what is your environment like? Need more info on your setup.
I transplanted the plant a week ago from a solo cup into a 7 gallon fabric pot containing Promix HP. I have just watered lightly around the perimeter of the plant approximately every 3 days with bottled water for now. The temperature is 80F and humidity 55%. The LED lighting is 30 inches above the plants. I have the same strain beside it without these issues, but it hasn't had a growth spurt like this one has after the transplant. I've grown this Gelato strain before and it was a success. Thanks for your reply!

TSD

TSD

Well, any of the space you are not watering is basically wasted space because the roots will not grow into dry soil... and promix is basically an inert medium, so I'd say they are hungry, the symptoms look like magnesium deficiency as well as nitrogen, so I'd feed them a nice veg nutrient asap. Your humidity could stand to be a little higher for that temp in veg, and you should start watering to saturation and then not again till the whole pot is almost dry, likely several days, get a moisture meter if you're unsure.

Top Bottom