Spots On Leaves (possibly Thrips).

• Thread starter travism000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xenon730

xenon730

I conclude that you must also be the original poster and just want to start drama, so, first ignore you, then if the original poster acts like an ass also, ignore you again...
yeah it's just a post thing then? giving irrelevant advice without really reading the problem. can't think of any other reason for that. and no, i post on the infirmary a lot. i usually try to just ignore your posts but it gets hard with all the crazy suggestions you give. if you say nute spill to someone more than once in your life, you're wrong. most people that come here in a panic are new and baby their girls so much they know every touch they give it. they just have no concept of ppm and feeding so that over water and over feed. this is Marijuana 101. you think all these people here can't use a ph stick? 6.4-6.2 will not fix a lockout, ever. and that's not really relevant to most gardeners. anyone who's really tested these plants or who should be giving advice would know this. you're playing with people's feelings and money when you tell them this ridiculous crap bro and i don't want drama i just want you to realize how bad you're being when you give these people these halfass, pseudoscience answers when 99% of the time if it's a new gardener it's too much water and too much nutrients. just want these panicking people to learn the craft and not waste their money on random fixes that aren't the problem, and in a lot of cases, aren't even a real problem.

xenon730

xenon730

I was just curious how one could give advice on pH without knowing the medium he's growing in. Thought maybe I missed something.
well if you drift ph a lot you get twisted leaves and leaves that seem to have twisted fingers. that's one situation i can think of. mass nute burn or a true lockout would also appear as uniform mid stage burning and you could guess the ph is off from that.

you can spot ph problems without knowing anything at all if you've experienced it before. grow an extra plant in your veg room and screw with it. I'm doing this 24/7. if you get a problem with a cut, recreate it on a clone. with a small hydro setup and a single mother it's basically free to grow out some cuts and feed them 9ph and see what happens. a lot of these problems are foliage based too so you don't even need to flower them. test new products side by side, quarantine outside cuts, test and solve problems you aren't confident with on test cuts. it's so easy to test this stuff also.

mandalaman

mandalaman

well if you drift ph a lot you get twisted leaves and leaves that seem to have twisted fingers. that's one situation i can think of. mass nute burn or a true lockout would also appear as uniform mid stage burning and you could guess the ph is off from that.

you can spot ph problems without knowing anything at all if you've experienced it before. grow an extra plant in your veg room and screw with it. I'm doing this 24/7. if you get a problem with a cut, recreate it on a clone. with a small hydro setup and a single mother it's basically free to grow out some cuts and feed them 9ph and see what happens.
Ok. I was just under the impression that hydro/Coco is gonna call for a significantly different pH range than a soil/peat medium for example. Maybe I'm wrong. I was just thinking if he is running hydro and someone telling him to bring pH up to 6.8 it might not be good.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I don't see any nute burn, no tell tale clawing or wilting leaves. I would say more likely a diffiency or lockout. If you are in coco or hydro that ph is too high and will lock out certain nutes, its a good ph for soil. What are you feeding them and how much do you water?

xenon730

xenon730

Ok. I was just under the impression that hydro/Coco is gonna call for a significantly different pH range than a soil/peat medium for example. Maybe I'm wrong. I was just thinking if he is running hydro and someone telling him to bring pH up to 6.8 it might not be good.
oh no, you're totally right about that. hydro and soilless is 5.8-6.2 and soil is 6.5 best. but you really can let most drift. it's not as strict as people make out. in all my tests i found this. i could grow a healthy plant at 8ph, if it started at that. that's true btw. I'm not saying you can all go feed 8ph, might have just been that cut but in all my testing you generally don't see problems unless you vary regularly. the key to ph is consistency. so if you're going to be consistent, you're going to want to choose the best range right? and that's why ph range matters but beyond that, it's never been relevant in my experiences over the years. never did i tell someone to simply adjust their ph and that fixed the problem. the default fix is it ph or over feeding or whatever is to flush and feed low. that should correct all of those, with exceptions obviously. i stopped fixing 5.5 up to 5.8 and have had absolutely no changes. clone yours and test it. just pour into a jug before phing.

mandalaman

mandalaman

oh no, you're totally right about that. hydro and soilless is 5.8-6.2 and soil is 6.5 best. but you really can let most drift. it's not as strict as people make out. in all my tests i found this. i could grow a healthy plant at 8ph, if it started at that. that's true btw. I'm not saying you can all go feed 8ph, might have just been that cut but in all my testing you generally don't see problems unless you vary regularly. the key to ph is consistency. so if you're going to be consistent, you're going to want to choose the best range right? and that's why ph range matters but beyond that, it's never been relevant in my experiences over the years. never did i tell someone to simply adjust their ph and that fixed the problem. the default fix is it ph or over feeding or whatever is to flush and feed low. that should correct all of those, with exceptions obviously.
Nice! Good info.

I have a plant in soil that @GT21 told me to bump the pH to 6.8 and it solved the problem. I guess just goes to show you never know.

xenon730

xenon730

Nice! Good info.

I have a plant in soil that @GT21 told me to bump the pH to 6.8 and it solved the problem. I guess just goes to show you never know.
theres always exceptions but your situation could also be overfeeding or overwatering and the plants appetite simply growing. have you ever tried feeding it that ph again? i don't claim fixes until I've proven it to myself so if i were you, I'd clone that cut and give it 6.4 and 6.8 the whole way and see what happens. I've never recreated a situation where .4 change in ph changed anything in the most common cuts of dispensaries in at least a few hundred attempts. but again, always exceptions, and always test for yourself. most people know how to put ph to a consistent number within a range and it's not a common garden problem in this aspect. ph drift in hydro is common but in drain to waste feeding, or anything with a medium, ph has almost never been the problem in my experience in average gardens. that's all I'm saying, nothing like this is concrete especially on a forum.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Yeah I mean good advice but I'm not gonna do that.

I was at 6.1 and he had me bump to 6.8 and it worked. Don't know what to say other than my bad for going so low on the pH originally :D

xenon730

xenon730

Yeah I mean good advice but I'm not gonna do that.

I was at 6.1 and he had me bump to 6.8 and it worked. Don't know what to say other than my bad for going so low on the pH originally :D
ah i was thinking you were at 6.4 for whatever reason. that's almost a whole point. i know there are some even more fickle than that and repeatable at even less than .4, which seems to be the number I've chosen lol. but do you also see how the simple flush and feed low would have helped you also? almost every high volume grower just flushes at any problem and there's a reason for that. it honestly corrects most common problems.

mandalaman

mandalaman

ah i was thinking you were at 6.4 for whatever reason. that's almost a whole point. i know there are some even more fickle than that and repeatable at even less than .4, which seems to be the number I've chosen lol. but do you also see how the simple flush and feed low would have helped you also? almost every high volume grower just flushes at any problem and there's a reason for that. it honestly corrects most common problems.
I do. In a sense it's the reboot of the cannabisbworld. Fixes most shit.

T

travism000

Hi, I appreciate the suggestions from everyone and I'll confirm than me and xenon are not the same person. Alright, so I am growing in a soil medium which I should've mentioned earlier. I'll bring up a picture of it tomorrow because my phone is dead, but I don't think ph is an issue. It mostly remains consistent at 6.5. Anyways so my nutrients: I do the three main fox farm ferts, and I fed all of them half a teaspoon every week, while I water three times per week with about .8 of a gallon. So this actually started about three weeks ago when I first switched to flowering, which makes me think it might be the Tiger Bloom that caused it, which starts on the flowering stage. However I have flushed since and the growth of the orange spots have ceased, so this is not much of an issue, but I am more curious on how it happened in the first place because I don't think I overwatered nor overfertlizied.

xenon730

xenon730

Hi, I appreciate the suggestions from everyone and I'll confirm than me and xenon are not the same person. Alright, so I am growing in a soil medium which I should've mentioned earlier. I'll bring up a picture of it tomorrow because my phone is dead, but I don't think ph is an issue. It mostly remains consistent at 6.5. Anyways so my nutrients: I do the three main fox farm ferts, and I fed all of them half a teaspoon every week, while I water three times per week with about .8 of a gallon. So this actually started about three weeks ago when I first switched to flowering, which makes me think it might be the Tiger Bloom that caused it, which starts on the flowering stage. However I have flushed since and the growth of the orange spots have ceased, so this is not much of an issue, but I am more curious on how it happened in the first place because I don't think I overwatered nor overfertlizied.
they thrive on a lot less food than you think and your description pretty much confirms it was simple overfeeding. do you have a ppm or ec meter? i also like to use the feed charts to estimate what ppm each tsp or whatever is according to them. the foxfarm line is notorious for this and i did the exact same my first two grows ever iirc. are you regrowing this cut again? very little over feed could cause this over time like you described but if you can't regrow the cut you won't know for sure ever. i stand by over feeding though and suggest only lowering it a small amount on the related weeks or days and see if it happens next time. need your waters ppm and the ppm of the trio to check if you wanted to.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I fed all of them half a teaspoon every week, while I water three times per week with about .8 of a gallon.
You should water only when your dirt is dry and you should water with 20% runoff every time in dirt, watering .8 of a gallon with no runoff with build up salts(fox farm) in the soil and cause nute lockout and burnt leaves.

T

travism000

Alright so I am inclined its salt buildup, but I'd like a second opinion. So in the pictures you can see the spots on edges as well as a couple curling leaves. I also have another issue. On the bottom of my smart pots, there is a while mold looking thing. I whiped most of it off but I suppose it could be salt residue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG 0164
IMG 0165
IMG 0166
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Take them to the sink or tub when you water them and water until it runs out the bottom, this helps prevent salt build up. Fox farm nutes are heavy on salts and really strong, its easy to over do them.

Top Bottom