Spots on leaves?

• Thread starter Ladyleaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

I’ve just taken these leaves from my 4 week old veg stage. They are grown in coco with med tech veg a&b with super sylica.
Been on 18/6 light for the last week. The plants look great very healthy, but this has just started?
Any ideas?

Spots on leaves
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sorry to break the bad news, especially on 420 but you must check underneath your leaves for mites, best wishes!

Screenshot 20200420 094619 Chrome

Screenshot 20200420 094933 Google

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The tiny spots DO look like mite damage, and the first time I dealt with mites I was clueless about how tiny they were and where they came from. It can take weeks for damage to become visable, usually starting as tiny yellow or reddish spots that slowly turn brown. Look under the leaves with a magnifying glass or loupe and see if you can spot them. I had one or two plants that looked good but were a little behind the others despite being the same strain that I've grown countless times. They will eat one plant but leave the one next to it untouched.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The tiny spots DO look like mite damage, and the first time I dealt with mites I was clueless about how tiny they were and where they came from. It can take weeks for damage to become visable, usually starting as tiny yellow or reddish spots that slowly turn brown. Look under the leaves with a magnifying glass or loupe and see if you can spot them. I had one or two plants that looked good but were a little behind the others despite being the same strain that I've grown countless times. They will eat one plant but leave the one next to it untouched.
Fairly bad infestation too, I'm reluctant to recommend products as I haven't dealt with mites since the mid-90s but I recommend op get after it ASAP

Op you must cycle two products; one product will not work, they will build an immunity and keep coming back

And you must never miss your appointed treatment time or they will keep coming back

Recommend you search 'IPM' in this forum because you will now be designing and using an IPM if you wish to continue growing cannabis, again sorry for the bad news

Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

Yeah I know I have issues with spider mites and have a treatment in place. Is this what the damage is from? It’s not a nutrients problems?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Fairly bad infestation too, I'm reluctant to recommend products as I haven't dealt with mites since the mid-90s but I recommend op get after it ASAP

Op you must cycle two products; one product will not work, they will build an immunity and keep coming back

And you must never miss your appointed treatment time or they will keep coming back

Recommend you search 'IPM' in this forum because you will now be designing and using an IPM if you wish to continue growing cannabis, again sorry for the bad news
Echo oil 5 ml to a lt spray under and on top of leaf needs to be done before the heads set .do it with 3 to 5 day between sprays lights out on them 24 hr after each spray

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yeah I know I have issues with spider mites and have a treatment in place. Is this what the damage is from? It’s not a nutrients problems?
Correct, the damage in the pictures in my opinion is from mites. However you may also have other issues going on, but in my opinion, you'll never know the true health of a plant until you get that infestation in check, good luck

Edit: so what I think you're asking is are the spider mites causing the brown necrotic leaf spots, and the answer is Maybe

The best answer is institute a proper IPM plan and schedule and eliminate the spider mites and then fix your grow from there is my advice

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom