Spots On Leaves

• Thread starter xboxjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xboxjoe

xboxjoe

hi all i am about 7 weeks into vegging on my first grow when i noticed slight pale spots on a few leaves on one plant. does anyone know what they are and if it will cause any problems?
the plants have been repotted about 3 weeks ago into 4 gallon tubs containing compost, i add ph'd water which has never been below 5.9 and never above 6.5. i have not used any nutrients as i believe the compost has enough for several weeks.
hopefully pictures should be below
any help much appreciated

Spots on leaves
Spots on leaves 2
Spots on leaves 3
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

hi all i am about 7 weeks into vegging on my first grow when i noticed slight pale spots on a few leaves on one plant. does anyone know what they are and if it will cause any problems?
the plants have been repotted about 3 weeks ago into 4 gallon tubs containing compost, i add ph'd water which has never been below 5.9 and never above 6.5. i have not used any nutrients as i believe the compost has enough for several weeks.
hopefully pictures should be below
any help much appreciated
Looks like insect damage ot your ladies need more light.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I see some white residue on some of the leaves so either you were sprayin them or they're transpiring hard. If there were water drops on those leaves then brown spots would be light burn.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

Use the shipping tape test to make sure you dont have any RA's starting. put some clear shipping tape around the top of the pot with like half or more of the tape extending above to pot rim to catch any thing crawling. look on the tape the next day see what you got.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Use the shipping tape test to make sure you dont have any RA's starting. put some clear shipping tape around the top of the pot with like half or more of the tape extending above to pot rim to catch any thing crawling. look on the tape the next day see what you got.

And how exactly would the damage on the leaves be done by ROOT aphids? Did you actually look at those pictures?

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

And how exactly would the damage on the leaves be done by ROOT aphids? Did you actually look at those pictures?
What are you saying bud. They guy has come here for advice from people who have been through the problem. Im telling you when you start to get bugs rA or even fungus knats this is what i have seen at the very beginning of that. If you life experience differs from that I dont know what to tell you. Im telling the man what has happened to me and how i deal with it now. Good day Sir. Fish

Toaster79

Toaster79

What are you saying bud. They guy has come here for advice from people who have been through the problem. Im telling you when you start to get bugs rA or even fungus knats this is what i have seen at the very beginning of that. If you life experience differs from that I dont know what to tell you. Im telling the man what has happened to me and how i deal with it now. Good day Sir. Fish

Ok, let's try this again.

20160828 231323

You've got serrations turning upwards, leaves canoeing, residue in shape of the water droplets and brown spots next to them, burnt serrations/edges on the leaves pointing downwards where the water collects and the light is shining directly on them from the 12" distance.

And all that tells you that you have a root aphid/fungus gnat problem?

Michiganmeds

Michiganmeds

Looks more like water got on the leaves and magnified the light...I wouldn't worry

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

FANTASTIC idea to check for bugs just in case.

Thanks for sharing. I will remember that one.

xboxjoe

xboxjoe

thank you all for your input on this, I too was wondering weather it was light burn on spots of water after I had watered them, but I'm new to this so I wasn't sure. I suppose I will have to be more careful when watering, I will try the tape idea just to make sure it's not bugs, but I did look closely for any insects and could see none.
thanks again for your input, it sure is a learning curve trying to grow this stuff, I thought it would be dead easy even after doing loads of research before hand, how wrong was I.

Bassmonkey71

Bassmonkey71

From the pictures it looks like spider mite damage. If you have a loop look on the underside of the leaves and look for tiny little moving. Critters, if you see them you need to start spraying your plants from the underside up. Making sure to get. The undersides of all the leaves then spray then tops down getting the other sides of the leaves. Make sure to get the stems the soil and the floor around them so when they fall off the fall into the insecticide and die. You will need to repeat every 2 days as the mutes eggs hatch every three. Repeat this for two weeks straight and see where you are from there. If you still have mites continue.. it's work but you have to be consistant and vigilant. It you let it go too long un addressed, they will get out of control and your plants will be tented with mite webbing. It will look like cocoons. Also try alternating insecticides using 2 to 3 different kinds so the mites don't have a chancertain to build up resistance to them. Azamax is good along with several others.. look for non toxic ones and one you can use through the flowering stage...

Latest posts

Top Bottom