Spots, Yellowing and bright new Growth

• Thread starter ChuckFinnl3y
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I noticed a few Spots on leaves a while back and mostly thought it was only the Plant needing more calmag but with the Problem persisting and now advancing more to the Top i wanna get some more Opinions and hopefully troubleshoot the issue. The new Growth also looks kinda bright which seem to be the case for all 3 Plants im running, the Leave problem only effects one.
Thats how it looked a while back where the problem began around the 3rd.
Spots yellowing and bright new growth

6 Days later it looked like this

Spots yellowing and bright new growth 2

At that point it was still just a few bottom leaves and the rest looked healthy to me.
2 Days ago it noticeably changed and started to appear on newer leaves aswell :

Spots yellowing and bright new growth 3

Spots yellowing and bright new growth 4
Spots yellowing and bright new growth 5
Spots yellowing and bright new growth 6
Spots yellowing and bright new growth 7
Spots yellowing and bright new growth 8
Spots yellowing and bright new growth 9
Spots yellowing and bright new growth 10
Spots yellowing and bright new growth 12
Spots yellowing and bright new growth 11

Grown organically in Peat Mix, Photoperiodic. I've searched for bugs/eggs several times but couldnt locate any and gradually increased the Feed.

BB22

BB22

Im a new grower. Sort of figuring this out āœŒļø

Your plant looks healthy to me

Itā€™s important to pay attention to new growth. Old leaves will do their own thing

It took a minute before this made sense to me. Good stuff šŸ‘

IMG 4710

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

some of that looks like bleaching
Yeah was thinking that aswell, but this one leaving me puzzled tbh prob more than one thing going on ig.
The one leave bleached the most ist mostly overshadowed by now but guess it could have appeared earlier and just gotten worse by now?
Also got some brown spots here and there that doesn't show to well on the pictures.

IMG 20240518 055414
IMG 20240518 055339
IMG 20240518 055332
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Yeah was thinking that aswell, but this one leaving me puzzled tbh prob more than one thing going on ig.
The one leave bleached the most ist mostly overshadowed by now but guess it could have appeared earlier and just gotten worse by now?
Also got some brown spots here and there that doesn't show to well on the pictures.
have you turned your lights up or lowered them ?

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Im a new grower. Sort of figuring this out āœŒļø

Your plant looks healthy to me

Itā€™s important to pay attention to new growth. Old leaves will do their own thing

It took a minute before this made sense to me. Good stuff šŸ‘

View attachment 2173432
Thanks, a whole lot fun for sure more than I expect I would be having.
Pushed my worries away at first as she was thriving and suspected she's just underfed but with spots spreading and the new growth getting this bright I suspect it will have some effect and effect the new stuff

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

well seems like if it was mine everyone would be screaming to me light burn lol
You know if light stress can cause these irregular patterns? While I was comparing pictures to find the issue light stress always looked kinda uniform while my spots seem more radom to me.
Really hope it's not the light šŸ˜‚ they loved the increase and from a dli perspective I'm quite low at 15-16 šŸ˜…

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd ease up on the nitrogen about 25% she is borderline to much.
I suspect she is locking out Calcium and Magnesium and of course as Buds stated excess light is also becoming an issue.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I'd ease up on the nitrogen about 25% she is borderline to much.
I suspect she is locking out Calcium and Magnesium and of course as Buds stated excess light is also becoming an issue.
Oh well dump me just increased the feed šŸ¤£. Light is back to lowest setting, gonna make up my mind if I keep it that way or find something to shade.
I know flushing is barely mentioned with organics but she just received a heavy feed about 6 hrs ago, should I start something in that direction or just water for the next few times after dry back?

PianoStan

PianoStan

Oh well dump me just increased the feed šŸ¤£. Light is back to lowest setting, gonna make up my mind if I keep it that way or find something to shade.
I know flushing is barely mentioned with organics but she just received a heavy feed about 6 hrs ago, should I start something in that direction or just water for the next few times after dry back?
When I noticed some yellowing on my leaves a couple weeks back, my research pointed to 3 most likely scenarios:
  1. Light/heat stress
  2. Nutrient deficiency
  3. pH imbalance.
What water are you using, and are you testing it for pH levels? Marijuana likes a slightly acidic soil (5.8-6.5), hydro requires even lower (5.5-6.1). Since your yellowing started near the bottom, and worked its way up the plant, it points AWAY from light/heat stress, or the leaves closest to the light/heat should have been affected first.

That would point in the direction of pH and/or nutrient deficiency. And (hypothetically) if there is a pH problem, that can certainly then cause a nutrient deficiency. Nutrient solubility decreases at pH levels above 6.5.

Good luck.

MrCannabisExplains

MrCannabisExplains

Hey Chuck!

Ok, so what does organically fed mean, what are you using? Cause Calmag is a synthetic.

Either way, the chlorosis (yellowing) and necrotic spotting on the middle and lower leaves, is calcium, as it's a mobile nutrient - moved around the plant to new growth, deficiencies appearing in older growth. The chlorotic new grow is iron, an immobile nutrient - not able to be translocated to another location, so deficiencies appear in new growth. Both can be found Calmag.

Use at the recommended dosage, maybe with a decent runoff to flush out any imbalances. :)

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

When I noticed some yellowing on my leaves a couple weeks back, my research pointed to 3 most likely scenarios:
  1. Light/heat stress
  2. Nutrient deficiency
  3. pH imbalance.
What water are you using, and are you testing it for pH levels? Marijuana likes a slightly acidic soil (5.8-6.5), hydro requires even lower (5.5-6.1). Since your yellowing started near the bottom, and worked its way up the plant, it points AWAY from light/heat stress, or the leaves closest to the light/heat should have been affected first.

That would point in the direction of pH and/or nutrient deficiency. And (hypothetically) if there is a pH problem, that can certainly then cause a nutrient deficiency. Nutrient solubility decreases at pH levels above 6.5.

Good luck.
Im using Tap water about 6.3 ph, water is said to be good where im at and used one of those quick paper test once but not meassuring it constantly.

Hey Chuck!

Ok, so what does organically fed mean, what are you using? Cause Calmag is a synthetic.

Either way, the chlorosis (yellowing) and necrotic spotting on the middle and lower leaves, is calcium, as it's a mobile nutrient - moved around the plant to new growth, deficiencies appearing in older growth. The chlorotic new grow is iron, an immobile nutrient - not able to be translocated to another location, so deficiencies appear in new growth. Both can be found Calmag.

Use at the recommended dosage, maybe with a decent runoff to flush out any imbalances. :)
Heya, using Terra Aquatica / GHE with their Pro Organic line, mainly so i dont have to bother with ppm and runoffs and reduce possible errors, the Calmag is from Biobizz.

Started with a regular dose (sliglty less than recommended) and gradually increased the Feed as i thought im having deficiencies.

Last feed yesterday i went nuts i guess and gave her 4ml šŸ˜…

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like a watering issue to me,.,
size of pots/bags?
medium?
your watering habits, how often, how much, etc?,..

PianoStan

PianoStan

Im using Tap water about 6.3 ph, water is said to be good where im at and used one of those quick paper test once but not meassuring it constantly.

Heya, using Terra Aquatica / GHE with their Pro Organic line, mainly so i dont have to bother with ppm and runoffs and reduce possible errors, the Calmag is from Biobizz.

Started with a regular dose (sliglty less than recommended) and gradually increased the Feed as i thought im having deficiencies.

View attachment 2173623

Last feed yesterday i went nuts i guess and gave her 4ml šŸ˜…
I wish that I could be more help, but I'm inexperienced, and don't grow in soil. I simply know that in my (DWC hydro) grow, when the yellow spots happened, the pH of my water was 6.38, and I found out that there were like 15 additive nutrient solutions that Advanced Nutrients suggested I be using. From then on, I lowered my water pH to 5.5, and introduced those additive solutions, and those yellow areas didn't go away, but didn't get any larger either.

But @Captspaulding addressed another thread, and pointed out that pH in soil isn't very critical unless things get really crazy. And he has way too much experience for me to dispute his claim.

But that's good news in and of itself. If it's not light, and it's not pH, that leaves you with the near certainty that it is somehow nutrient based. Now all you have to do is figure out which one, and whether it is too much or too little.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

looks like a watering issue to me,.,
size of pots/bags?
medium?
your watering habits, how often, how much, etc?,..
The Pots are 5L Airpots with pre amended Peat moss/Perlite mix (Biobizz Light mix).

Im watering based on the weight of the Pots, once it feels like a feather to lift i wait half a day and start watering them Trying to water right before they would began to droop. I began with 1L each but dialed it down to 700ml now . The exact amounts are here:

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I wish that I could be more help, but I'm inexperienced, and don't grow in soil. I simply know that in my (DWC hydro) grow, when the yellow spots happened, the pH of my water was 6.38, and I found out that there were like 15 additive nutrient solutions that Advanced Nutrients suggested I be using. From then on, I lowered my water pH to 5.5, and introduced those additive solutions, and those yellow areas didn't go away, but didn't get any larger either.

But @Captspaulding addressed another thread, and pointed out that pH in soil isn't very critical unless things get really crazy. And he has way too much experience for me to dispute his claim.

But that's good news in and of itself. If it's not light, and it's not pH, that leaves you with the near certainty that it is somehow nutrient based. Now all you have to do is figure out which one, and whether it is too much or too little.
No worries im thankfull for the input just spitballing the issues often helps me make up my mind how to adress the issue.

Its my first run anyway and im not expecting too much out of it, i fully expected to run in a few issues and treating it like some test run to build up experience before throwing in some crazy Strains from Trustfall and see how far ill get without anyting fancy and just the most basic Equipment.

Im really hoping its not the Light, they thrieved once i increased it and had planned to lower the Light soon to see how far i can push it, dli is still pretty low but hey thats what the run is for ig šŸ˜‚

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The Pots are 5L Airpots with pre amended Peat moss/Perlite mix (Biobizz Light mix).

Im watering based on the weight of the Pots, once it feels like a feather to lift i wait half a day and start watering them Trying to water right before they would began to droop. I began with 1L each but dialed it down to 700ml now . The exact amounts are here:
View attachment 2173697
ok 1000 ml sounds about right,.
what about any itty bitty tiny flies around the soil surface? might be hard to notice them,

Latest posts

Top Bottom