Spotting

• Thread starter Edinburgh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seraphine

Seraphine

Spraying mites off plants is a method to CONTROL pests not eradicate. dish soap can also work. Get yourself some elemental sulfur. It has very low toxicity to humans. Elemental sulfur can be dusted all over, however neither DE OR sulfur can be used on the buds once in flower. Thrips like to hide in plant crevices so spraying the plant off isn’t as effective as it is if you have mites.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Also, some thrips over winter in soil so if you think they came in the soil mix, you’re probably right. Mites can be carried in on you or pets or blown in.

Moshmen

Moshmen

It will either work or it will not, my guy was gonna give me some sort of pesticide i dont want that, so yea gave both plants a bath, this morning they look no worse for wear, allso de earthed around both plants, so if the pests witch i have yet to see, but they have to live in the dirt, so friends if these pests have an exoskeleton there toasted, if a very mild soap and water mist will make the plants unpalatable to whatever they are all the better, as i have stated many times my hydro guy knows his shit and was willing to give me some sort of pesticide witch i dont want, and yes people do use dishsoap to get rid of pests, if it works and keeps them at bay all the better, if not well thats how it goes sometimes, i mean this is my last grow this year as i explained in my thread cant turn heat off and am sealed in, i am not going to run ac in winter, so yea if this helps fine, if not you live learn and if happens in future will probably get the pesticide my guy recommended, but i have allways grown organic unless you count atami as un organic, and since this is the end of growing till spring i will see if a natural remedy will work or not, and i realy think it will i tell people all the time to use de earth works great if they have an exoskeleton there dead, if not a shame and will see u all come spring, and now that i found something i never came accross im curious to see if my #1 pest control method will kill whatever these are, should have picked up some sticky pads but ill get to it, thanx for all the advice ill let you guys know if my solution works, i just do not trust pesticide on something im going to inhale, they did a test on a black market vape cartridge not only did it contain hony cut (vitamin e acetate) but pesticide 7000 times to much, so i try very hard not to use, and again if it starts up next spring i guess i will be forced to go buy something, but for now ill just run them and see what happens. Thanx

Dish soap I have heard works , a vegetable oil mix, is basically Azamax just like you said make it unpalatable and unattainable

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yea he told me that, he said doing it this way will probably keep them at bay so i can finish the grow but may have to do it again, yea i did find my loupe tiny hole that looks like a spot both sides of leaf, i cant even see any, like i said this is it till spring so hopefully i can finish up, scrub down my space ect, now that i know what to look for if it happens again in spring will have to buy that pesticide, you are right there sneaky little fuckers, it's weird in 9 years of autos never seen this type of pest, hopefully this does not become an every grow issue.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yea he told me that, he said doing it this way will probably keep them at bay so i can finish the grow but may have to do it again, yea i did find my loupe tiny hole that looks like a spot both sides of leaf, i cant even see any, like i said this is it till spring so hopefully i can finish up, scrub down my space ect, now that i know what to look for if it happens again in spring will have to buy that pesticide, you are right there sneaky little fuckers, it's weird in 9 years of autos never seen this type of pest, hopefully this does not become an every grow issue.
Just as @Seraphine mentioned limit the outside contact mine came in n my dogs I 🤔. I’ve learned to keep them separated! Lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I just found thrips today :/ I ordered Monterey with spinosad

I saw these marks
20191123 130543

And found this bug
20191123 141627

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yea ok its been awhile, did the dish soap drill, and gave it some de, plants seem to be ok now, they are only 32 days old and starting to flower, but they do look shitty, a shame, decient size, just starting to flower and am seeing no more spotting, never saw a pest not even with my loupe but they did do damage, never came across those, all the leaves by the flower is ok but they chewed holes in the fans fiftst looks like a spot then more and more moveing upward, my guy told me to try the de and dawn he was willing to give me some sort of pesticide but no its only 2 plants, 2 very expensive plants to be shure, if it starts up again i dont know but de usalley kills any pest i swear by it, cheap and effective and organic, if they come thru will post final pics, so yea it's toof decay by methisto at day 32 a bit behind.

20191201 090022
20191201 085958
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ok had a problem with thrips, took my hydro guys advice and put a drop of dawn in a bottle and misted leaves, then de earthed both plants, now look day 43 and there straight and in flower, going to keep them on 2 cycles and give them an extra week before i put them under the booster, i swear by de earth, cheap organic and effective! I would not have these plants now if not for it, no pesticide on my plants, so we are running toof decay auto by methisto at day 44 sorry, plants are pretty much prison weed as they stink so much, all the pics of this strain were smallish but it did say put in a big pot and she will put out they were right.

20191206 100510
20191206 100530
20191206 100548
20191206 100454

Latest posts

Top Bottom