Spray or don't spray?

• Thread starter iamachavvy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iamachavvy

Hi all!! :yes

I have been told by a friend that if I spray my plant with water it will help it grow better. Is this true?? :worried

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I mist every day in veg..not alot but enough give them a little humidity boost. I do not mist in flower phase. I heard it can cause moldy buds. hope that helps.

I

iamachavvy

I mist every day in veg..not alot but enough give them a little humidity boost. I do not mist in flower phase. I heard it can cause moldy buds. hope that helps.

Yes that helps :)

Anyone else have any opinions??

F

fuzzy

It really depends on light intensity.If your light is too intense(metal halide,hps)it could burn your plants.The water droplets acts as a magnifing glass.peace,fuzzy

S

SourPatchSwag

Veg usually good to give the girls a shower

If your lights are hella bright or the sun is hella bright (outside) then it could burn them, but it helps to clean the stomata from dust and also is very effective at controlling many lil pests, ie mites afids etc. Because they get washed away. So you can do it when its later in the day or your lights are off. Deff bad idea when they are budding especially later in flowering water and even humidity will cause bud rot. Hope that helps

I

iamachavvy

If your lights are hella bright or the sun is hella bright (outside) then it could burn them, but it helps to clean the stomata from dust and also is very effective at controlling many lil pests, ie mites afids etc. Because they get washed away. So you can do it when its later in the day or your lights are off. Deff bad idea when they are budding especially later in flowering water and even humidity will cause bud rot. Hope that helps

:yes Cheers for the advice

dextr0

dextr0

It really depends on light intensity.If your light is too intense(metal halide,hps)it could burn your plants.The water droplets acts as a magnifing glass.peace,fuzzy

I would have to respectfully disagree. Ive sprayed my leafs plenty of times with my CMH right on top of the plants, no burn. The times that I do get burns is if I foliar feed with to strong of a fert. Also outside plants get rain and the sun comes out strong, no burn. Just my observations.

I also like to spray them to get the dust off as I feel it helps with photosynthesis, to me it would be like trying to get light to something thats covered otherwise.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm with dextr0--spraying water, even in full sun, does NOT burn the leaves. While the droplets in clouds may help to make sunlight stronger and thus make us hairless apes more prone to burning (which is where I think this myth began) it simply cannot be extrapolated to a plant that requires as much full, direct sun as cannabis. I spray my little seedlings with water during the day, mid-day even, if I think it's too hot for instance. No problems.

There are products, as dex is alluding, that are phytotoxic, but those are other compounds, not just water.

As far as whether or not it's beneficial, I let the plants tell me. Some days it's really hot and they need to cool off and a little something to help with transpiration is just the ticket. Other days I just feel like it. Other days I don't. I wouldn't do it on cold days or cold conditions because there's nowhere for the water to go.

Moldy buds are caused for many reasons, if water is left sitting in the bud for days, then yes, it can likely cause rot (but that's not why, when or where I've experienced it).

Top Bottom