Spraying Captain Jack's (spinosad) 21 days into flower for indoor?

• Thread starter Dr_Cactus12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr_Cactus12

Guys I’ve been a little lackadaisical about cross contamination lately and I invited some thrips into my indoor grow after spending three days clearing out my side yard garden that was dominated by weeds and wild herbs. My tent is in my bedroom and I would frequently make trips up to there throughout the day as you could expect. I had zero issues before so it kinda makes sense that I just wasn’t being careful after doing that work. Luckily, I have only actually found two of the fuckers among the small but noticeable amount of damage, but I know there are still more. While the population is low, would spinosad be okay to use at only three weeks of flower? Spinosad degrades quite effectively in sunlight but I’m not sure that LED’s will do the same as I think it is UV radiation that is necessary to break it down. The infestation does appear to be mild which means that now would be the perfect opportunity to spray before it gets bad, but I don’t know how safe that will be in an indoor scenario. What is my best course of action given these circumstances? Thank you very much
7C05A5E8-D3DB-4FC3-A5E0-03DCD119153D.jpeg
6FC50CF4-C7FB-4AE8-B0B9-6FAB7774D2C6.jpeg

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Well since you're not too far away from the finish line, you could probably just use a garden hose with a spray nozzle at medium pressure and just blast the leaves and run your hands up and down the branches, essentially wash them away with water. It doesn't look like they've settled in much, yet, so this may be a good route to go. Personally, I don't use any pesticides, nor spray any chemicals/nutrients/etc. once they've passed the 3 week mark.

D

Dr_Cactus12

Well since you're not too far away from the finish line, you could probably just use a garden hose with a spray nozzle at medium pressure and just blast the leaves and run your hands up and down the branches, essentially wash them away with water. It doesn't look like they've settled in much, yet, so this may be a good route to go. Personally, I don't use any pesticides, nor spray any chemicals/nutrients/etc. once they've passed the 3 week mark.
Thank you! I will try hosing them down, I just hope it doesn't hurt the young buds. I have tried hosing aphids off my outdoor plants with no luck so hopefully the thrips have less of a grip on the plant and can be easily washed off.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Thank you! I will try hosing them down, I just hope it doesn't hurt the young buds. I have tried hosing aphids off my outdoor plants with no luck so hopefully the thrips have less of a grip on the plant and can be easily washed off.
They can take quite a beating if you're careful and use one hand to hold the branch and massage the leaves gently with your fingers while rinsing with water - works great especially at the stage you're at where the flowers haven't fully formed so you're less likely to get any moisture issues afterwards. Definitely make sure they are getting plenty of air after doing this - too.

This is what I do for spider mites on the regular. It seems nobody can grow in Colorado without getting spider mites, so this is how I keep them under control at flower time.

D

Dr_Cactus12

They can take quite a beating if you're careful and use one hand to hold the branch and massage the leaves gently with your fingers while rinsing with water - works great especially at the stage you're at where the flowers haven't fully formed so you're less likely to get any moisture issues afterwards. Definitely make sure they are getting plenty of air after doing this - too.
Great, I will do this ASAP. Really appreciate your help!

Glassdub

Glassdub

This is what I do for spider mites on the regular. It seems nobody can grow in Colorado without getting spider mites, so this is how I keep them under control at flower time.
I'm a month into flowering and sprayed down with pistol hose nozzle, didn't even think about bud rot now I'm a hair worried, bud are not that huge yet though.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Yep, That's what I'm talking about & just about a half hour from lights out.

IMG 20220902 172235

Latest posts

Top Bottom