spraying for mites

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

typically when spraying for pest control, does it matter if the lights are on and would your answer changes if the wattage of the lights increases? Say T-5 to 600 watts.

I try to spray when the lights are off but given my work schedule its been difficult to get in there right the light goes off .

420alldaze

420alldaze

whats up evu80?its in your and your plants best interest to try and spray with lights off. ive been dealing with mites for 6 months already. they are a royal pain in the ass. good luck hope this helps. peacentreez 42o

N

NoReason

I think it depends on what you're spraying. Light could affect the substance in question and make it useless.
I think pyrethrum based compounds are photo-sensitive for example, but I also know my habaneros tea works great against mites, lights on or off there is no difference ;)

JAWS

JAWS

420alldaze i'll send you a home remdy for those mites when i get back home here in a bit!!!
fight on bro:talking

420alldaze

420alldaze

whats up jaws? and fellow farmers, i have tried organic sprays, alcohol and water foliar spray, sns 17? and the dreaded dr doom. which i dont like because you can just smell the nasty chemicals in it. plus mite x. ugghh...lol i am more than open to ANY suggestions . oh and i am constantly sweep/mop/ bleach to no end. thanks peacentreez 42o

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

If u can juss take them out from under the light.. I spray my plants all the time during lights on but I take them out the tent & spray them when there not under direct light then when they dry I put them back.. I don't have mites I juss spray them so I won't get them.. Better safe then sorry

evu80

evu80

does anyone know if fogging will have adverse effects on these plants or in humans if they consume/smoke the stuff afterwards?

It seems much easier to throw in a dr doom fog bomb once a week at my convenience than it is to wait until the lights go off to get in there and spray.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Dr doom has 2 b sprayed when the lights r off 2.. U don't want 2 blow up

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I FRIED ALL the foliage on a previous run because I had sprayed PM control while the light (600w HPS) was on. I thought it was nute burn, learned that mistake, won't make it again. Pest control can be done with lights off. For foliar sprays I turn the lights off spray down the plants, let most of the big beads dry/disperse, then turn the lights back on. I believe the plants will only absorb nutes through the leaves with the lights on.

outwest

N

NoReason

I FRIED ALL the foliage on a previous run because I had sprayed PM control while the light (600w HPS) was on. I thought it was nute burn, learned that mistake, won't make it again. Pest control can be done with lights off. For foliar sprays I turn the lights off spray down the plants, let most of the big beads dry/disperse, then turn the lights back on. I believe the plants will only absorb nutes through the leaves with the lights on.

outwest

Burns could happen and I know too. This is why I try the new products before use them on an entire crop.
I use to spry a little part of the plant, and wait 24h to see if something happens. If not, I go with it.

For example, spinosad based product does nothing on plants even if the lights are on. However I prefer to spray just when the lights are off, and the water take more time to evaporate. This allow the compound to enter better in the leaves (if it can) or in the mites war it is useful because high RH helps against mites.

Don't use spinosad for mites, it does not work, at least for me.

I believe the plants will only absorb nutes through the leaves with the lights on.

The plant can absorb water, nutrients and other things too, no matter if it's day or night. Cells work all day long.
To ensure that something enter in the leave's cells you should keep'em wet at least for half an hour. Without a solvent (water) nothing will enter the plant, day or nightime ;)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Burns could happen and I know too. This is why I try the new products before use them on an entire crop.
I use to spry a little part of the plant, and wait 24h to see if something happens. If not, I go with it.

For example, spinosad based product does nothing on plants even if the lights are on. However I prefer to spray just when the lights are off, and the water take more time to evaporate. This allow the compound to enter better in the leaves (if it can) or in the mites war it is useful because high RH helps against mites.

Don't use spinosad for mites, it does not work, at least for me.

The plant can absorb water, nutrients and other things too, no matter if it's day or night. Cells work all day long.
To ensure that something enter in the leave's cells you should keep'em wet at least for half an hour. Without a solvent (water) nothing will enter the plant, day or nightime ;)
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification!

outwest

F

fatganjagrower

i personally like the pyrethrum foggers and also cover my controller bucket to prevent rust

C

chalky white

typically when spraying for pest control, does it matter if the lights are on and would your answer changes if the wattage of the lights increases? Say T-5 to 600 watts.

I try to spray when the lights are off but given my work schedule its been difficult to get in there right the light goes off .

use flea bombs its the same thing as the spays at the hydro store but cheaper

S

shibbyshawn

I spray Azatrol @ 5 ml per gallon with the lights on. The trick to spraying something on the plants for mites is getting the UNDERSIDE of the leaves with your spray. I do this by getting one of those cheap gallon pump sprayers @ casa de pot for about 9 bucks. They have a plastic spray wand on them and it easily bends, so i just put a nice 90 degree kink in it and voila....it sprays up.

Top Bottom