Sprout is moving vertically

• Thread starter Candi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Candi

Hey I'm not sure if I actually have a problem with the plant. It's looking relatively healthy and I keep the soil moist which requires maybe a capful of water or so every 12-15 hours so usually about once a day.

The sprout has grown quite tall in a limited time but doesn't look like the stretch is harming it. But I did notice that if I move it on the edge of my light source that it actually moves itself into position where the leaves are under the light (This required a hell of a bend!) and I was just wondering if that would be some method of training a plant?

I'm growing a bunch of sprouts under a T5, 2 foot, 4 bulb light, High output. The sprout is about a couple inches and maybe 6 inches away from the light. Humidity of room is usually 40~% and temperature ranges from high 60's to mid 70's.

socalpunx

socalpunx

Plants will always grow towards the light,they will follow it and bend in any direction to get it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What you're observing is called phototropism. Seedlings ALWAYS stretch, IME, even under the sun. At this time I would simply let it do what it needs to do.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Indeed, Candi, it really is. Then, of course, there's all the worrying and fretting, "Why is it doing this? Why is it doing that?" You're ready to snatch the pebble if you've already sussed patience.

Top Bottom