Sprout with 4 cotyledons

• Thread starter sgt. schultz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Super plant, super dud or same as any? Do the odds lean one way or the other? First one I've ever had. Had one with 3 before and it was a runt.

N

noktommaster

can you put up some pics so we can see exactly what you got?

saldiado

saldiado

I had one that died after a couple weeks it seemed like the roots were stunted or something, but good luck with that, and i will be following along to see if it turns out to be something for ya

G

GroHi

You should check out polyploid mutations. There was/is some work done w varying food crops w/in the comm ag industry... apparently such variants can/do yield better and/or grow w strong stalks. This is all from memory from a few years ago, so...

Anyway, the handful of odd ball plants I've gotten like that didnt' do anything special... in fact they were slow to start & eventually reverted back to a "normal" growth pattern. Think a few tried w breeding but nothing has come from it...? At least hadn't heard of the Poly-Super plant as of yet...

TortureKill

TortureKill

Couldnt find the emoticon "this thread is worthless w/o pics"..

But eh.. U got any pics?

G

GroHi

Agreed. But what would the reason be for having 2 sets of cotyledons vs the normal 1? Sounds like a genetic issue, which polyploidy is a general topic. Fig the poly-cotyledon expression was a manifestation of polyploid genetic mutation. Splittin hairs now ;-)) peace brother!

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

After 3 days a super runt. Not giving up yet. Will give it a week or two. First true leaves 1/3 or less then the size of rest.

F

frogeye

i just got 2 twins out of a 5 pack of sour p meaning i have 4 lil babies out of 2 seeds any 1 ever have that before

homebrew420

homebrew420

Keep that plant. Do anything to keep it going. Oddities are the best. Good luck

RealSeal

RealSeal

I’m so lucky it happened to me just last week, I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to show you guys

735FD882 E35D 4158 8FBB 31362CADCE9E
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Looks a little wierd, but it should do something. Nate in Alaska had one like that and it eventually went somewhere.
Im more concerned about the concrete mix you got your plant in there. Looks like a lot of sand. good for drainage, but not much fortification in that soil type.

Top Bottom