sprouting in a cloner?

• Thread starter chefrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chefrey

I have a power cloner and it works great but I'm cloning clones of clones ect. has any body tried using the sure to grow or coco cups to spout seeds in a power cloner?

G

Gilpro

I have a home made cloner/bubbler that I made, it also works great with seedlings, I germinate in rockwool, once they break the surface, they go into my bubbler, the vegatative process is so much quicker this way.

Ciao

C

chefrey

thanks I was going to sprout in rock wool but can only find square ones and my cloner has round wholes do you have this problem too if so what do you do?

C

chefrey

thanks mr. s you just saved me a couple hundred in seeds but I use a botanicare power cloner it uses 1 5/8" neoprene disks I don't think those little aerogarden seed starters will fit?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Nah they won't fit. I've never been able to go right from seed into an aero or DWC system, I've got to take cuttings from the mother (or father) in dirt. This is a run of mixed autoflowers that I'm doing an open polination with to get some autoflower seed stock. I've run a seedling plug right into a DWC and an aero veg box in hydroton and it didn't like it at all. Plants from seed like dirt.

You could do about the same thing with some rapid rooters in a tray and a 1-2ft T5 light, just make sure they don't dry out.

Weed 004
C

chefrey

interesting Mr. S, I was going to try and sprout in rockwool then into the cloner. I have been told that if I use a break in the mist of about a minute every 5 so the rockwool has a chance to dry that it will work and has for the owner of my local hydro shop (I have my CO MMJ so we can discuss these things openly). What kind of problems did you run into with seeds in the DWC? that was my plan with the mothers. I will post some pics with details in a minute

C

chefrey

grow_110410_0001.jpg
grow_110410_0005.jpg
grow_110410_0003.jpg

here is the cloner and my emily's where I let my babys veg. I was hoping to get these beans all the way hydro but dirt would't be the end of the world. you can see I got a blue cheese in dirt on top of the emily's

C

chefrey

lets see what happens

so I'm giving it a test run with random seeds I had before I try anything I had to buy from a seed bank, you know just to see how it works. The big 1 in the middle was sprouted in rock wool then stuck in to the net pot with roots sticking out the bottom and clay pellets supporting the stem. The rest are in jump start pellets again with expanded clay for support, all at different stages some sprouted others just germinated.
120610_0161.jpg
120610_0160.jpg
120610_0159.jpg
120610_0158.jpg
120610_0157.jpg

I hoping this will keep roots moist and supply them with enough nutrients until I can move them into the emily's gardens I use to veg
120610_0162.jpg

last step is into DWC 5 gallon buckets for flowering
120610_0167.jpg
120610_0166.jpg
120610_0167.jpg

Top Bottom