Sprung bags!

• Thread starter DixinCider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DixinCider

So I ordered a 5 gal set about a month ago, and I started to get some wear so I emailed the company and got this response

Hello,

Very sorry to hear about the problem. *There have been a small percentage of
users reporting this and several months ago after the first reports we
worked with our factory to develop a 'no peel' coating. *Unfortunately your
order was one of the last to go out with the old style, before the new ones
arrived. *We have tons of users with 50+ runs on their sets of the same
style as yours - unfortunately as mentioned, a small percentage were getting
just 5 runs, etc (as of now, two out of every hundred sets sold has had
someone contact us with the issue you're reporting -- small, but too much
for us -- hence developing new style immediately after report of issue).

Long story short, let me ship you our new 6-bag set at no charge. *If you're
completely happy with the new style, you can order a 20gal set (which is new
style too). I will get that out to you today or tomorrow so you should
receive by end of week.

Thanks, and again sincere apologies for the inconvenience,
Sprung Bags

How cool is that!? The quality of the bubble was amazing as it is the same filters and stitching that bubble uses for HALF the price! If the new bags don't wear I'm ordering my 20gal set I will keep you guys updated!

T

TacomaComa

Sprung bags suck! The screen is hard to get clean and gunks up. I've done a dozen or so runs with them. Another thing the black die on the bags will run if you get any iso on it. Made a nice stain on my dryer that was a pain to get out. You can get some nice quality bubble out of them but they are not worth the hastle imo.

I've done a half dozen runs with the orginal bubblebags and its a much better experience cleaning the bags when done. You can rinse the bubblebags with cold water and they are clean. Perhaps some iso every 3-5 runs

My caregiver tossed the sprungbags after using the bubblebags for few runs.

Unless sprungbags is using new materials and better craftsmanship them before i would stay away and get the original.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
After using all the bags on the market i have found they all work the same and no better than the right size silk screen. They are a filter...and just like any other filter have a life span. I would recommend cheap bags and replace every so many runs or so much weight extracted. I figure about every lb or 2 of hash its time for a new set. Just a cost of processing.....

D

DixinCider

Sprung bags suck! The screen is hard to get clean and gunks up. I've done a dozen or so runs with them. Another thing the black die on the bags will run if you get any iso on it. Made a nice stain on my dryer that was a pain to get out. You can get some nice quality bubble out of them but they are not worth the hastle imo.

I've done a half dozen runs with the orginal bubblebags and its a much better experience cleaning the bags when done. You can rinse the bubblebags with cold water and they are clean. Perhaps some iso every 3-5 runs

My caregiver tossed the sprungbags after using the bubblebags for few runs.

Unless sprungbags is using new materials and better craftsmanship them before i would stay away and get the original.

lol you should never use iso to clean you're bags.. "the screen is hard to clean and gunks up" well its the same filters as bubble..meaning same exact screen without the colors. my only complaint was the peeking and it wasn't painted flakes coming off or anything like that, its a fabric layer that was feeling so nothing would get into you're produce, since then i guess they made that film a lot stronger. we will see!

D

DixinCider

I got my new bags today! They came so fast. So far sprung bags is number 1 on customer service! I will keep you guys updated on the ware on the bags

BlackBart

BlackBart

I love my sprung bags . They make some awesome hash and clean up very easily .

V

venix

haha why cant you rinse clean your sprungbags with cold water like bubblebags........

you put enough iso on your bags that the ink starts running and you're wondering why the bags are failing.

I dont put iso in my bags every 3-5 runs I can guarantee that, all you have to do is clean them with water when you're done. Maybe once or twice a year mix a little iso and water and clean the screen only if you must.

I've used alot of different bags. Bubble bags, Sprungbags and pretty cheap ones off ebay that seem to work pretty damn good for me. The price you pay for the bubblebag IMO isnt worth forking out the extra money when you could buy 3-4 sets from their competitors for that price.

The sprungbags are a pretty good bag, and the company stands behind their product unlike the big bad bubblebag .

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

bubble bag are where it's at. i have never used anything in them but pure water, pure ice, and properly flushed trim. i have used my 5 gall set over 20 times, and they are still like new. i take very good care of them, follow the instructions and so will you!!

"if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me." Chris Farley, Tommy Boy.

bubble bags don't need customer service because they make a super quality product.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
question, i used my sprung bags 2 times now and both runs got a petro type tatste and flavor(this was not terpens in the strains i ran) and for the longest i was trying to figure out how this was possibble if all i did was add fresh water n ice? my theroy is that some of the fibers in the bags black nylon got washed off the bag and into the hash. has this happen to anyone or do u have another possibility fir me. im trying to get the most ppure best tasting stuff possible.

thnx,

confu..

T

TacomaComa

question, i used my sprung bags 2 times now and both runs got a petro type tatste and flavor(this was not terpens in the strains i ran) and for the longest i was trying to figure out how this was possibble if all i did was add fresh water n ice? my theroy is that some of the fibers in the bags black nylon got washed off the bag and into the hash. has this happen to anyone or do u have another possibility fir me. im trying to get the most ppure best tasting stuff possible.

thnx,

confu..

i think this is totally possible and the reason i wont use these bags anymore.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Always prewash any bag for contaminates and bleeding just loike washing clothes...... a female trick!!

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Sprung bags are #1. Best bang for your buck 4sho. ~ODB~

P

Psuper

thnx,

confu..

Have you considered the possibility that it's the bucket instead? I have a set of SprungBags and they certainely aren't doing something like this in water.

Iam using a food-grade bucket from a brewery supply store now.

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

:weed-sign:
:banana1sv6:Would like to say Thank You for your post...
:big_boss: Also like to say. Burn 1 on me...:passingjoint:
:mad0233:
:bong-hits: Your company ROCKS!!!

Thank you POSTER for the well, POST.... & CO. for the sale that spawned this post.

~SPA :evilgrin0040::big_boss:

P

Pollen Chucker

wow, this thread is crazy. For one, Bubblebags are sold via freshheadies and their customer service is very good. I got a free work bag from them recently. But that doesn't excuse the ridiculous price on their bags.

I've never heard of these Sprung bags. Does someone have a good link?

Or an opinion on "Boldt Bags"? I think these used to be "mudd bags" or schwag bags or something like that, but they changed the name to escape a bad reputation.

Now, as for cleaning the silk screen on the bottom of the bags, the hash community is split on that one. I do it, I can see my screen get clogged up with my eye and clean as needed. But I use a dilute solution. My good friend, a well known CO hashmaker, prefers to replace his bags instead of clean them. To each their own on this one I say. I have found no loss of quality by cleaning my bags, but it does speed up the drain stage.

And if you are using 32 gallons, then clogged screens are not an issue. Great discussion here, try to be nice yall.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Why not just use butter or sunflower oil to clean your screens then give a good wash through rather than a solvent.

olive oil might be needed to get through some of the screens.

I got bubblebags 3 bag set and just ordered the sprungbag 6 bag set.

so I'll be interested to compare them, the 6 bag set from sprung was $40 cheaper than the 3 bag from bubblebags in the UK.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I got my set of sprung bags, just as good as bubblebags IMHO.

As for iso making the colours run I can't say as above I'll use a veg oil/butter based product to clean em.

I've got a set of official bubble bags to compare them to and they compare excellently just as hardy, the hash made is identical or near as damn it, and the price was 1/2.

They get The Tutu seal of approval.

Top Bottom