Spyder Plusx

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

Got 2 of them setup in a 8x8 room around 7 feet high. Only running half the bars so basically just one Spyder spread across an 8x8 atm.

Plants fucking love them. Like seriously omfg. I call them the magic lights.

So heres my question. I dont have a dimmer set up and these fuckers are so bright that I was scared to run it at 100% from start which is why I only have half the bars lit.

So far so good. I just dont know when it would be safe to turn on the other half. Maybe it's safe already.

Any advice? I had planned on turning it 100% when I go into flower and decreasing the temp on week 4 but keeping all the lights on.

Without a dimmer it's a bit of a pain but it is what it is..

B

Burned Haze

This light was intended for close distance so you need to use a dimmer, so using less bulbs and putting it further away just makes it way less efficient ( example a cob is 12-18 inches compared to the spydr is 6-8 inches and quantum board is 26 inches )

Buy that dimmer and run it at 10-50% (raise % per the day) and proper distance with c02 ( run c02 all the way till harvest unlike hps where u stop at last 1-3 weeks). The plants will adore you and the internodes will be great. no reason to waste 50% power and promote the plant to to not be bushy.

When I made sure the plants were at proper distance and went from starting 15% then up everyday in their life and raising the light. Made all the difference and def worth it cause overkilling it/putting the light wrong distance willl def hurt the end results

If you don’t have a par meter , use temp/humidity probes on your canopy and watch the leaves daily on how they look/feel ( are they super happy aka praying , or if they too hot/burned)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PassTheJ

Unfortunately I can't purchase a dimmer atm.
My lights are stationary. All I have is the ability to turn each bar on/off..

So I'm not looking for max efficiency and compared to my former lights, my electric bill is down alot.

I just dont want to bleach them and so far, they're growing far better then previous times.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Maybe light just 4 of them then and lower way down. They will be bushier imo. Also i don’t think they will bleach or anything. Not instantly at least. If they don’t like it they will let you know before its too late.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

This light was intended for close distance so you need to use a dimmer, so using less bulbs and putting it further away just makes it way less efficient ( example a cob is 12-18 inches compared to the spydr is 6-8 inches and quantum board is 26 inches )

Buy that dimmer and run it at 10-50% (raise % per the day) and proper distance with c02 ( run c02 all the way till harvest unlike hps where u stop at last 1-3 weeks). The plants will adore you and the internodes will be great. no reason to waste 50% power and promote the plant to to not be bushy.

When I made sure the plants were at proper distance and went from starting 15% then up everyday in their life and raising the light. Made all the difference and def worth it cause overkilling it/putting the light wrong distance willl def hurt the end results

If you don’t have a par meter , use temp/humidity probes on your canopy and watch the leaves daily on how they look/feel ( are they super happy aka praying , or if they too hot/burned)

Ummmm, how about making a make shift table to raise the the plant tray up?

Also, it's hard to tell from the picture, but, if you turn the plant tray in the same direction as the bars, you probably only need 3 bars for now

gwheels

gwheels

Would a veriac work on a light? I have one on a fan but i would think it would dim a light too if you turn down the voltage. It might screw with your spectrum depending on the light used.

P

PassTheJ

Just some info...

I bleached my last grow because I switched to these lights on week 2 flower on full blast in a tent. Week 4 the temps had been around 84 and I couldn't get it any lower due to the hot weather. By week 5 almost everything I had turned to dust..

Regarding this grow.. The pics you see are about 8 days post transplant from clones that sat in a clone machine for 3 months. These lights are amazing because in 8 days, the plant rooted, healed from my cutting of almost half the roots before transplant with minimum shock and grew almost a foot with fan leaves about 20% bigger then I have experienced with my previous generations.. so I dont know if the lights are too high but they're 1000% more effective then what I had previously used..

I've turned on an extra 2 bars.. I'll turn on another 2 next week and the final 2 right before flower mode.. by the end, the canopy should be about 18- 24 inches below lights which I'm ok with. Next time either the lights or a dyi table will have vertical movement.

I'll post a few more pics in a couple of days.. The color of the grow is also far more vibrant. These lights really are amazing.

Top Bottom