Spydr2p?

• Thread starter michman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
michman

michman

The 2p seems to be the predecessor for the SpydrxPlus which I run now and has been great. I do not run Co2 and don't plan to. The 2p claims to be a tad stronger light. Am I a fool not to lay out the extra $150-200 and not purchase the 2i which is even stronger than the 2p?

One strange thing I have noticed at my local shop is the fact that they are running price cuts/specials on Spydr2x (which is just an expensive veg light) and the 2i. So my instincts tell me that maybe the 2p is the best value for the money?

I cant find much on the net with regards to reviews as the Spydr2's are fairly new.... Anyone have an opinion? Thanks

Anthem

Anthem

The 2p seems to be the predecessor for the SpydrxPlus which I run now and has been great. I do not run Co2 and don't plan to. The 2p claims to be a tad stronger light. Am I a fool not to lay out the extra $150-200 and not purchase the 2i which is even stronger than the 2p?

One strange thing I have noticed at my local shop is the fact that they are running price cuts/specials on Spydr2x (which is just an expensive veg light) and the 2i. So my instincts tell me that maybe the 2p is the best value for the money?

I cant find much on the net with regards to reviews as the Spydr2's are fairly new.... Anyone have an opinion? Thanks

Without CO2 all of the mentioned lights are going to under perform. Take a look at this video
it pretty well explains the information

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

CO2 is for big grows

Unless you have the $$$, the newst greatest is not likely to produce significantly more weight. I have an original SPYDR 600 circa 2015 and it still produces excellent meds

IMG 4016
michman

michman

Ok. Great video and I’m convinced I need co2... having said that, should one go with 2p or pay the extra for the 2i?

also, I was under the impression that these huge double rack commercial/warehouse grows utilizing Fluence LEDs were not using co2? I’m new to co2 and learning, but isn’t it difficult for these large space grows to trap co2 properly?
thanks

Anthem

Anthem

Ok. Great video and I’m convinced I need co2... having said that, should one go with 2p or pay the extra for the 2i?

also, I was under the impression that these huge double rack commercial/warehouse grows utilizing Fluence LEDs were not using co2? I’m new to co2 and learning, but isn’t it difficult for these large space grows to trap co2 properly?
thanks
CO2 is about the cheapest additional item you can add to a grow to improve output in my opinion. Yes the upfront cost is in the equipment and tanks, but with a fill cost of 10 dollars and that lasts up to 15 days it is something I cannot do without. You can actually pick up on your plant health and growth by how often the C02 solenoid is going on. The large grows are using it, it is just in a different form, burner or outside the room with just lines running in the room. If you plan on using CO2 consider getting the shower tubing, basically the line has holes in it for the CO2 to come out of and rain down on the plants. CO2 is best distributed from above the canopy as it will settle down near the floor if you do not have plenty of air movement.
The more often that CO2 solenoid is firing off the more the plant is growing. You can really tell a difference as the plant reaches peak growth rates in week 5-7.
Light wise, if money is not an issue go for the more costly unit.

Munch517

Munch517

I run two Spydr 2p lights with CO2 and I love them, if I could do it over again I would absolutely go with the 2i's though, I feel like I could make use of that little bit more light, and they're more efficient to boot. If you aren't running CO2 and never will, save money and get the 2x, it will be adequate. When I wasn't running CO2 I had to have my lights over a foot from the tops, with CO2 they're at maybe 4" in some spots and doing well. If I had the 2i the light could be higher and I wouldn't have the slightly dimmer spots between the bars, @6" my cheap lux meter is measuring about 100k-110k lux under the bars and 65k-70k lux at the dimmest spot in between them. BTW I also have the Fluence Razrx for veg, it's a 90w 2x4 T5 replacement that I've had good results using for clones and veg. I've posted more in my grow diary down in my signature.

To give an idea on CO2 usage, I have a very well sealed 12'x6'x7' room that I don't vent at all during lights on. Running @1300ppm 12 hrs per day a 35lb tank has been lasting me just under 5 weeks.

Back at 41 days:
IMG 20200210 004151
IMG 20200210 004157

Latest posts

Top Bottom