Spydrx 2p - ISO advice

• Thread starter kurupdid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kurupdid

kurupdid

Straight up? I grew 1.5 bows sticky icky terpy chronic with a 1000w hps for 50 bows never had a problem, and now im switched overcto a spydrx 2p, growing 2.5 bows on this but its tastless and smell-less. Terps destroid and potency degraded.
Cant figure out if its nutrient or light intensity.
I could use a kick in the ass anyone in regarding my exact parameters?????? Who wants to pm me and chat it up a bit, help a brother out, im not hopeless im expierenced but in expierenced with LEDs and i could use another expierence person with spydrx 2 p to reach out, i don't have 3 or 4 cycles to spare... olive branch please

Last

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I doubt it has anything to do with the spectrums.

Obviously 1000w hps radiates a lot more heat. What was the ambient tent temps during flower? Sats might prefer a warmer environment, even during flowering

I looked up the light and was disappointed by Fluence's lack of transparency as to which spectrums, and wow the price is awfully rich

I still use an original BML Spydr 600 9cir 2014) that Nick collaborated with me to develop, which for him at that time was a unique spectral blend, combining ~ 80% neutral white and warm white diodes + ~ 5% 450 blues + ~ 15% 630 reds

hth

kurupdid

kurupdid

I doubt it has anything to do with the spectrums.

Obviously 1000w hps radiates a lot more heat. What was the ambient tent temps during flower? Sats might prefer a warmer environment, even during flowering

I looked up the light and was disappointed by Fluence's lack of transparency as to which spectrums, and wow the price is awfully rich

I still use an original BML Spydr 600 9cir 2014) that Nick collaborated with me to develop, which for him at that time was a unique spectral blend, combining ~ 80% neutral white and warm white diodes + ~ 5% 450 blues + ~ 15% 630 reds

hth

9498EC30 5DEA 4851 970E B7D4264EC9B9
kurupdid

kurupdid

Set up:
Light:
SPYDR 2p
PPF: 1600 µmol/s
Input Power: 645W (Dimmable 5%-100%)
0-10days ramp from 50-100% at 18” from canopy
11/13 hours on/off

CO2:
1200 ppm
Grow area Space:
5' x 5' - 4 plants

Independent A/c is available
Independent humification is available
Media:
70 coco/30 pear-lite
Bucks : #7
Nutrience:
VEG+BLOOM RO/SOFT + shine + mamouth P + great white
(feeds once a week, with water inbetween)
Timing:
Usually 8 -9weeks
temp-at canopy:
82-84deg/55-60% humid

I attached my current state : at 4 weeks in flower

7A0793ED 33AB 48A1 B963 AEFFDB8245EC
AA93BE89 3E82 4D52 B203 3B518F9ED96C
FDBDC311 AC37 4D48 8E46 E6504958112A
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I would just say that LED environments are different in remarkable ways. The waste heat in metal vapor light sources has a tremendous influence in enclosed environments - and you just don't get that with LED. So look for other variables like temperature and humidity. VPD becomes a thing - because you don't have these hot glass tubes as a dominant humidity influence.

I've found that I cannot use alot of the advice given for those envirnoments. I have to measure and figure out what is limiting any particular stage.

kurupdid

kurupdid

I would just say that LED environments are different in remarkable ways. The waste heat in metal vapor light sources has a tremendous influence in enclosed environments - and you just don't get that with LED. So look for other variables like temperature and humidity. VPD becomes a thing - because you don't have these hot glass tubes as a dominant humidity influence.

I've found that I cannot use alot of the advice given for those envirnoments. I have to measure and figure out what is limiting any particular stage.
The stage i gave issue with is terp and end resin production. I have a mean strain right now of chem dog and it puts out 23-25% thc cause i tested my first 40 grows. But just something not right that i got going to finish the show here and its gotta be nuits or light intensity in the final 2 weeks.
I do appreciate the input. Im considering a dimming schedule and flush for the last few weeks/days
Ill just wanna here everyones input and from my pucks in week 4c shoukd show u i got a good base to nail this one and i gotta have a plan, i can fuck this up. Id rAther dial back and get a B rated outcome then push for an A+ and go overbored to toxicity , with either light or nuits , and i know they are related,

DO IT

DO IT

Looks good. I have heard feedback from growers bumping the blue spectrum in the last couple of weeks to boost terp levels and bring out color.

Top Bottom