Squiggly Seeks Employment in the Cannabis Industry

• Thread starter squiggly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

Like the title says, your man squiggly here is graduating in December (finally) and I'm looking for a foot-in-the-door to the cannabis industry. I am only looking for opportunities that will put my chemistry knowledge to work and allow me to grow my experience in the field.

This is not only a booming industry, but as it concerns chemistry an industry in its infancy--so there aren't a great deal of resources out there to job hunt for positions in this field.

I'm obviously utilizing all of what's available to me (various job sites, including cannabis specific ones--weedhire, 420careers, etc), but I figure the farm might be a hidden treasure trove of opportunity in this area so it's worth a try.

Anyone who has knowledge of an open position requiring chemistry expertise, let a brother know :P

If you want me to come work for YOU, even better!

Just putting the feelers out there and seeing what comes back to me. You never know what can happen until you try.

Resume/CV available upon request. (privately)
Relocation is not an issue for me (preferred even, booooo Illinois)
Extensive laboratory experience.
Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.

squiggly

squiggly

Good luck bro. Hope you get your dream job. Whoever hires you will certainly get their monies worth!

I know, right?

I'm so friggin awesome.

Lol, seriously though--my work ethic is matched only by my passion for this type of work. These two feed on each other in an infinite feedback loop of awesomeness.

I am serious employee. I will break my back even if you're paying me $1/hr, that's how I was raised. You work for your wage.

I won't ever be high at work, ever (unless its required!).

All I need is for someone to take the chance on me, and I'll blow their socks off with what I can bring to the table.

squiggly

squiggly

Your knowledge in chemistry is evident around here . Hope you find that job sir...

That's what I'm banking on here.

I figure I haven't show my true colors more anywhere else but here--so why not try to capitalize on that?

I've had a few job offers through the farm in the past, but reluctantly had to decline to finish my degree. I'm partially wishing I hadn't done that now, but simultaneously I'm really proud of earning this degree from my beginnings.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Naw get that degree, there will always be opportunity in this field but not many chances for that piece of paper , I like you work my hardest at what ever I do but most of the time it's for someone with a degree

Tnelz

Tnelz

Naw get that degree, there will always be opportunity in this field but not many chances for that piece of paper , I like you work my hardest at what ever I do but most of the time it's for someone with a degree
Great point!

F

friend

I wish you the best ! (Try Dark Heart Nursery in norcal) ? I have
seen them advertise for employment, offering benefits and decent pay
they are also my #1 source for cuttings :)

soserthc1

soserthc1

I would try Green Dot , at very least he should be able to put a word in somewhere for ya

squiggly

squiggly

maybe open up a weed testing lab checking out THC %'s and the such ?

In theory I can do this. In practice I don't have the capital to do it on my own.

The only way I'd sell myself as able to do this as the head of such a department would be through the understanding that you get what you pay for and I come at a discount.

Literally something along the lines of 6-12 months from now I can be where I need to be in terms of technical knowledge to run a lab like this, but the truth is the proper way to set up such a lab is to have a guy who's got 20 years industry experience set the thing up and have me be his bitch worker.

I don't wanna sell myself as a chemistry authority.

On the farm, I am a chemistry authority. In real life, I am a chemistry peon.

Instead, I'm selling myself as someone who very much WANTS to be an authority in cannabis chemistry.

To put it very simply:

My passion dictates that in the future I'm going to be someone you'd very much like to have on your team when it comes to the cannabis industry. Right now I'm a blank slate, but ten years on from now I'll be a compendium of knowledge on all things cannabis chemistry.

As I'm wrapping up my studies I am starting to dig really deep into the type of reading I need to be doing to put myself ahead, but this is something that falls into the category of "life's work" rather than work for this week or month or year.

I don't expect I'd get very far in any industry by misrepresenting myself. As it stands now I'm a recent graduate who knows a lot about chemistry basics. I can work my way through any problem, I'm confident in that--but as far as expertise applicable to industry, right now everything is just conceptual for me.

All of my experience is in synthetic chemistry, there are a few places where cannabis industry does this--and i'm looking into those avenues too. Synthetic gives me some good practical knowledge for extraction, but most of the analytical stuff I really need to beef up on.

I'm amazing at NMR and ATR-FTIR. I've got more than 200 hours on each, including analysis. Unfortunately neither are often used for cannabi testing (IR has some applications, but its different methodology than I used).

squiggly

squiggly

Shameless bump in case anyone has seen any recent postings, etc.

Big time appreciation for all the people who have inboxed me with suggestions and those sharing in this thread. I've got nose to the grindstone on this right now as I've got about a month to nail something down before I'm going to throw my lot in with fracking industry.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have a few ideas. Why don't you pm me and I'll throw some things out there for you to think about. Hope all goes well and I think your knowledge in chemistry will be extremely helpful.

Scone_of_Ark

Scone_of_Ark

You want to find a job in this racket..., in a month?

Live chicken seeks employment feeding crocodiles.

I Love our job market. After 20 odd years of the reganomical mystery tour people seeking employment sound like 5 dollar hookers.

It's legal here, farms and stores are opening all over the state, but industry is so tightly regulated even people starting out with a half million in their pocket cant go very fast.

We all have plenty of time to get on the train.

curious2garden

curious2garden

Shameless bump in case anyone has seen any recent postings, etc.

Big time appreciation for all the people who have inboxed me with suggestions and those sharing in this thread. I've got nose to the grindstone on this right now as I've got about a month to nail something down before I'm going to throw my lot in with fracking industry.

squiggly, It doesn't have to be either or. You could take a job and, on the side, work on moving into the Cannabis industry as you open your own business. Employment makes you look more attractive to other employers.

Top Bottom