SSH - my personal pick a.k.a. Temple Haze

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

I am currently growing my indoor medical cannabis crop solely consisting of a great clone I found in one pack of Super Silver Haze recently. I have a collection of elites with everything from OG to chemdog, blockhead and this cutting earns a spot in my collection with ease.

I am a massive haze fan, and this plant never fails to produce fast and pure haze smelling and tasting smoke indoors and out. The yields are large because of copius branching, and larger if run in a sea of green because a single cutting flowered directly upon rooting will become a 3' tall plant with 2' of solid cola and around 30 grams dry.

Resin is amazing and starts early, with a great texture that is very oily and the trichomes stand tall and straight with huge heads that can be seen from across the room! The flavor of the mature buds and resin is purely haze - sweet incense and butter with a sacred alien spice, smooth and intensely funky but completely different from all others. It is a church incense smoke that hangs in the air for hours when it burns.

To top it all off when the temperatures drop at the end of flowering the entire plant will turn a deep shade of royal purple, which when combined with the thick silver and white resin makes the buds look like chrome-plated purple.

It all starts with some healthy clones :cool0041:

Temple haze start 6
Temple haze start 7
Temple haze start 5
fractal

fractal

The crop is halfway done (30 days) and I'll show you the progress that it made in the first month. 18 plants in 5 gallon pots were used to fill in the canopy of a 4x8 table with two, 1000 watt HPS lights above. They are growing in a 50/50 peat and organic soil mix, especially omitting perlite because of the speed they grow and the size they can achieve when turned loose. After vegging maybe 10 days I started flowering them under 12/12, backing it off to 12.5/11.5 after 3 weeks and now I am at 12.75 on and 11.25 hours off.

The plants became huge and dominant colas stretched to two feet long and more, each. This is cola length that will be filled in with connected buds, this plant really throws out spears of hazey awesomeness.

Temple Haze Sept2010 3
Temple Haze Sept2010 4
Temple Haze Sept2010 1
fractal

fractal

After 4 weeks, this is where they are at. I had to put the lights all the way up to the ceiling and the air is now full of the sublime smell of intoxicating haze.

GEDC2328
GEDC2326
GEDC2329
fractal

fractal

50 days now and starting to turn ripe. I could swear, that before this one has finished in barely over 50 days. Maybe I had it at 10/14 lights on/off or something, because right now this crop looks to be a 70 day crop. I will start flushing middle of next week. The hazey church incense funk is strong with this one, a very dry and spicy smell that I love and stands apart from any other cannabis.

Temple haze 1110 3
Temple haze 1110 4
Temple haze 1110 2
Temple haze 1110
T

The-Bearded-One

Realy nice setup and grow style.

SSH is some lovely smoke.

fractal

fractal

Closing in on chop day, I really thought that this cut finished under 60 days for sure. Not sure what that was all about. . . Maybe I got something mixed up. I'm going to harvest at 70 days although if it were already flushed long enough it looks ripe now. This shit has such an undeniable funk to it that is almost like OG I swear! Really sweet and funky kind of orangey, very hazey.

TempleHazeOG
TempleHazeOG 2
TempleHazeOG 3
fractal

fractal

It is harvest time ! This is my first indoor crop in about a year. I've been moving four times in the last 1.5 years and just about lost my fucking mind from it. Not being able to grow is like not being able to breathe. But here it is, unrushed and unhurried. This one has got that funk which grabs you by the balls when you stick your nose in a big bag of it. The stank is so rich and deep that it is almost overwhelming and gag-inducing, yet the aroma is sublime and understated unlike some random assortment of nasty skunky dank. This is a refined work of art that makes your head swell up with each toke.

Thank you again To Shantibaba/Scott/wizard of cannabis for sending me this pack as a replacement when I got ripped off by a vendor selling some bagseed shit hemp as SSH. Keep my in mind if you ever need a tester bro :RastaBong:

HarvestSSH11 10 2
HarvestSSH11 10
HarvestSSH11 10 5
fractal

fractal

Super Silver Haze and I have a connection that runs very deep. I still remember clear as day, being 17 and buying the December 1998 hightimes magazine. The one with the centerfold featuring the cannabis cup winners and even then when I had hardly started smoking I would stare at that fat juicy SSH bud and think "holy shit man that looks like the best bud on earth." I just knew that Super Silver was some shit I had to get with. Look at me now, I in fact have that exact same clone, the 1998 cannabis cup winner (in addition to this 'temple haze' pheno). And it is in fact one of the dankest cuts I have that gets rotated in the garden pretty often.

HarvestSSH11 10 3
HarvestSSH11 10 4
HarvestSSH11 10 6
genepool

genepool

Yea they are out of this world fractal, you found a keeper for sure nice!

O

organickat

Looks super hazy without the long finishing Time .. Great grow bro

fractal

fractal

heck yeah bro those buds are pretty damn chunky! I have another pheno, old school Greenhouse seed co. SSH and it gets real dense tight buds but they are short, small ones.

Witchking

Witchking

Looks great fractals. Glad to see some other phenos of SSH is starting to make the scene. I love hazes myself. I am presently doing the Morning Daze from Medic. It s probably the best haze hybrid i've ever tried. However now I have the Oldsog cut so we'll see how she stacks up.

fractal

fractal

The oldsog cut is the other one I have. It is actually the 1998 cannabis cup winner cut still around to this day. I wish I had ran that one instead, it is faster and denser buds but the high is not as psychedelic.

M

Moonshineman

Gotta agree with you. SSH is some of the best I ever had.
I remember being in Amsterdam with a bunch of friends on a BIG smoking binge and at the end just before we left I finally came across some SSH when I gave the lads a smell of the bag every one of their jaws dropped. I immediately ordered some seeds from Mr Nice and never really looked back.
Can't recommend it highly enough.
These were flowered (70 days)from rooted clone with no veg time. Grown in a little experimental rockwool cubes and some clay pellets. Worked a treat but my organic soil grows produced denser buds. Great yielder
291008_009.JPG

S

sands

Gotta agree with you. SSH is some of the best I ever had.
I remember being in Amsterdam with a bunch of friends on a BIG smoking binge and at the end just before we left I finally came across some SSH when I gave the lads a smell of the bag every one of their jaws dropped. I immediately ordered some seeds from Mr Nice and never really looked back.
Can't recommend it highly enough.
These were flowered (70 days)from rooted clone with no veg time. Grown in a little experimental rockwool cubes and some clay pellets. Worked a treat but my organic soil grows produced denser buds. Great yielder
291008_009.JPG

Yo, that is amazing. How tall were the clones??

Fractal, no disrespect your girls are beautiful also.

Blucross

Blucross

Holy Smokes Andy ...perhaps I should help you raise that roof line...

Top Bottom