Sshaze 260w Cfl

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

Are these indoor or outdoor? The coloring along the edges could just be a characteristic of your particular strain, like the Grandaddy Purple line that can turn purplish or reddish upon finishing...I can't make it out clear enough to tell for sure. You don't have any problems with overly humid conditions that might invite mold/mildew by chance? The bugs in the dirt are an unknown, depending on the type. Some worms eat soil debris and some munch on roots. Since you are close to finish, I would probably try to ride it out unless you start to get some bigger changes. They get hungry at the end and deplete a lot of their reserves, so it could be a slight deficiency. Most growers seem to recommend letting things go on water only (flush) for the last week or two, but everyone has their own preferences.
She's indoors, shes in below 50°f some nights and i believe it to be bringing out the purple, its hard to capture with my camera but some leaves have a copper, amber, light brown tip and edges, its even more pronounced on the lower leaves (you can see in second pic) and it eventually consumes the leaf. I dont recognise this yellowing as being related to a lack of N, its a different sort of yellowing imo, like you said i think she's eating her reserves. I haven't seen yellowing quite like this before on my plants though and am curious.
Little bit of nute burn on the tips. Not bad tho.
Burnt her back in veg, was feeding her up lol

London bud

London bud

Some of the leaf tips are quite vibrant, even orange ish, it looks beautiful.
I guess it must be that she's just using up her supplies and its Autumn I suppose.

2018 12 01 141401
2018 12 01 141504
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I guess it must be that she's just using up her supplies and its Autumn I suppose.
My setup is about ready and in the last couple of days one of my oldest girls, the "Blood Plant", began to turn a beautiful purple from the cold snap we had last week. The temps only got down to about 65 in the room, but it was enough to trigger the color change. I'll try to post some pics.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Here is a leaf that was green a few days ago, but changed quickly from the colder temps. This is off of the "Blood" plant, a strain from 30+ years ago that I've kept going. Its a pheno or S1 of Matanuska Thunderf**k that I started with in the early 80s. I get 2 phenos from the seeds, with this one being my favorite.

20181201 122811
Blood bud
Last edited:
London bud

London bud

Here is a leaf that was green a few days ago, but changed quickly from the colder temps. This is off of the "Blood" plant, a strain from 30+ years ago that I've kept going. Its a pheno or S1 of Matanuska Thunderf**k that I started with in the early 80s. I get 2 phenos from the seeds, with this one being my favorite.
shes a beauty mate, i never heard of thunderfuck lol
I've never grown anything with any colour lol it sounds crazy but ive always liked to stand and stare at my plants but its got even more exciting with a bit of colour, ive got 20 purple haze seeds I'm gonna get started soonish, that should be quite interesting, they might get delayed if I manage to get hold of anything better soon though. Personally I don't think much of purple haze, I'd rather wait till spring and put them outside so I can grow the best in my indoor space but I've got no other options right now so I might just end up doing the p.haze inside cos I gotta be growing something. I'd love to have more space.

I'm looking at my ssh and I think maybe I might have three weeks to go, i dont got a clue at the moment, the lower buds are maturing faster than on top, I've attached a photo from the top and one from lower.
The tops could probably go another month really, if in a week or so I trimmed all the lower bud and left the tops a bit longer would this be best now?
Any buds that looked like they would never become at least a fat spliff ive trimmed away in an attempt to focus her last energies into the tops. So I got a few grams of bud getting dried and cured now, hopefully in a week or so I'll get my first proper taste of this now.
I'm gonna give her one last feed now then I'm cutting all nutes and going water and mollases till the end.

1543757707606 1120541993
Last edited:
London bud

London bud

I trimmed the fuck out of her, I've removed a lot of leaf this week to let light get into them bits of bud where its never been before.
Been on water and mollases for the past week, she's 9 weeks flower tomorrow, I think one more week, ten days maybe and she's done! 90% of the pistils are orange but no amber trichs yet so this is the final push now. Water only this week. I've not done it before but i am gonna try an extended dark period before harvesting as I think it makes sense and if I don't try I'll never know.

Anybody with any tips to increase trich production in this last week please share, I'm interested in people's thoughts on cold water, snapping stems and any other mad ideas on the subject

IMG 7730
IMG 7732
IMG 7734
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I trimmed the fuck out of her, I've removed a lot of leaf this week to let light get into them bits of bud where its never been before.
Been on water and mollases for the past week, she's 9 weeks flower tomorrow, I think one more week, ten days maybe and she's done! 90% of the pistils are orange but no amber trichs yet so this is the final push now. Water only this week. I've not done it before but i am gonna try an extended dark period before harvesting as I think it makes sense and if I don't try I'll never know.

Anybody with any tips to increase trich production in this last week please share, I'm interested in people's thoughts on cold water, snapping stems and any other mad ideas on the subject

My advice is this, unscrew 1/3 of your lights, stop using molasses and let it finish. You can drill 2-3 holes into the main stem instead of splitting. I did splitting but i need more data to claim it works.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Your showing great patience! it’s interesting watching someone so good at this just rocking a few cfls. It’s like seeing a homeless dude who can actually just rip shit on that old duct taped guitar.

Herbalise

Herbalise

Cfl does magic lol keep telling people good job.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I used em for a time. The magic wore off for me but to each there own. I gave a way some real nice 45 watt coilers I would love back tho. Can’t find em anywhere anymore.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

You sure can have them nice and close. Only thing is for flower, if you want weight you need a lot of them all over the place and or very good training. Great for pc cab grows and the like

London bud

London bud

My advice is this, unscrew 1/3 of your lights, stop using molasses and let it finish. You can drill 2-3 holes into the main stem instead of splitting. I did splitting but i need more data to claim it works.

I'm going to turn off a third of the light like you suggest and leave out the mollases now.
Have you had what you feel was improved trich production from splitting the main stem or indeed with drilling holes?

London bud

London bud

Your showing great patience! it’s interesting watching someone so good at this just rocking a few cfls. It’s like seeing a homeless dude who can actually just rip shit on that old duct taped guitar.

this has cost ÂŁ100 all in start to finish. Pots, lights, power, feed and everything else, I just used what was round me

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I'm going to turn off a third of the light like you suggest and leave out the mollases now.
Have you had what you feel was improved trich production from splitting the main stem or indeed with drilling holes?

I noticed more fragrant buds and the ones with split stem weighed a bit more. Also drying took longer in the same conditions ime. The split ones took 2-3 days more to dry. It is inconclusive because i havent been able to keep them split, so it healed until the harvest. Drilling holes is my next move. Now with the split stem, the fluffy buds (larf, bottom buds) were more fluffy but overall the plants weighed superior to the unsplit ones in both occasions. Further research needed to claim definitive results tho. Haven’t checked the individual trichomes.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

this has cost ÂŁ100 all in start to finish. Pots, lights, power, feed and everything else, I just used what was round me
That’s what I do to buddy. Slowly buy what I absolutely need and use everything I can jerry rig. Your makin great use of what’s around you :smoking:

william76

william76

What does she smell like now?,did u get the seeds lately?,mr nice stock?,they look decent!.76

London bud

London bud

She smells fruity, I smoked a bit and could taste a slight spice aswel. She's smelling really good though, looking forward to getting my first real taste of this but there's nothing I can do except wait now

London bud

London bud

Sooo after near on six months of thinking I'm growing s.s.haze it turns out she a silver monster.
I got the seeds from my mate who got them off a friend of a friend, anyway I saw the friend of a friend today and he told me its silver monster he gave to my mate. Interesting.

I'm more excited about cutting this plant down than I am about christmas

2018 12 11 182101
2018 12 11 184618

Latest posts

Top Bottom