St. Johns Detectives Seize $35k In Thc Edibles, Cannabis

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. —

SJC_SEIZED_CANNABIS.04.JPG

A St. Augustine Beach man is in jail after St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office detectives say he got a big shipment of marijuana, pot-laced gummies and more sent from Colorado to his house.

The Sheriff’s Office said the package contained 22 packets of THC gummies, six sheets of THC extract, 75 packages of THC wax, 28 syringes full of THC oil and a vacuum-sealed plastic bag of 250 grams of high grade cannabis.

The street value is estimated at $35,000.

Joshua Wehking, 26, remains in county jail without bond.

He’s been charged with possession of more than 20 grams of cannabis with intent to sell and violation of probation. That’s because he was already on probation for sale and distribution of narcotics.

“He goes and sees his grandpa every day. He’s completely sober and he’s been in a really good place,” said Wehking’s sister, who spoke exclusively to Action News Jax but did not want her name published out of concern for her privacy.

She came to Wehking’s house Wednesday night to check on his dogs.

She said she doesn’t believe her brother would deal drugs again.

“I know that Josh is a good person. He’s not doing anything wrong,” she said.

Action News Jax law and safety expert Dale Carson said shipping from a state where the drugs are legal to a state where they’re illegal is a violation of federal law.

“I think you’re going to see more of it happening and I think it’s more difficult to detect,” Carson said.

Wehking's sister said she thinks cracking down on marijuana is a waste of law enforcement agencies’ time.

“There’s nothing wrong with marijuana. You know, but they’re going to throw them in prison for years when there’s pedophiles out there,” she said.

Wehking’s roommate told Action News Jax he was questioned by a deputy after bringing the package inside.

He said Wehking specifically asked him to be his roommate because he wasn’t addicted to drugs.

The Drug Enforcement Administration in Jacksonville will not confirm whether it’s now going after who sent the package from Colorado.

Latest posts

Top Bottom