Stabilizing D9 Thc

• Thread starter EugeneOregon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Stabilizing d9 thc 3

This is nearly pure D9 THC fresh out of the sublimation apparatus.

Stabilizing d9 thc

This is the same pure D9 THC compound from above but a day or two later when left out.

Stabilizing d9 thc 2

This is third run D9 THC as in the top photo but with waxes left in.

Stabilizing d9 thc 4

Here is that same dab today but a few weeks later and being dipped and dabbed with stuff to load the vape. The dark black swirls are carbon from using a lighter on the metal pick that I use to dab. HUGE difference in retained potency.

I have discovered from purifying D9 THC that it begins to degrade immediately upon exposure to atmosphere. Within just hours really of removal from deep vacuum it begins turning light purple then red. After a few days it will be ruby red dark. This is pure compound and the effects too are noticably less potent as it degrades to red and become more sedative.

I found a way to nearly halt this without placing under vacuum. The details are sketchy because I have only got the first sample run this way and it will take two or three repeatable runs to comfirm.

The idea is simple - paint jobs on painted cars also degrade with exposure to atmosphere and are protected with a wax barrier. I took the idea and ran my usual monthly supply but this time changed up a bunch of settings and my procedure. I was able to produce D9 THC but with the (highly refined) waxes left in the product from whoever did the extraction (I do not extract). The wax clouds the product a bit of course though it takes a trained eye to spot this as the purity still presents as nearly clear light pale yellow.

I have left my dabs out exposed near my vape rig now for weeks and what normally would be a dark red compound by now doing this is still nearly as clear as it was when it came out of third run sublimation (representing very high purity). It would take a vid to show the details of how this was done but essentially by raising the temp in the sublimation unit after removing terps completely beforehand in a different process. This left the waxes intact but denatured completely. Then during sublimation those molecules ride up along with the THC and are mixed at a molecular level with them this way.

The compound is slightly more viscous this way and the flavor just slightly impacted by third run but it is incredible to my eyes that this stuff is not red yet and would have been mnay days ago by now sitting out. It appears as if the plants natural waxes protect the THC from degrading when exposed. For me it means I do not have to run the product every two weeks to rid the red and regain potency.

Last edited:
K

kansabis

I really don't have half a clue what most the stuff your talking about is but somehow I still understand it?? Lol I think you have alot to contribute to this area of the community. Keep on keepin on.

Top Bottom