Stalks Are Splitting... What Is This?

• Thread starter ir0nLung
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ir0nLung

http://www.invalid.com/attachments/20170822_101250-jpg.3998677/ http://www.invalid.com/attachments/20170822_101222-jpg.3998676/

I

ir0nLung

20170822 101250
20170822 101222

I

ir0nLung

I'm having whole limbs wilt on the plants that have this. I am terrified because it started on just like two plants now at least 10 are affected. Does anybody know what this is and how to stop it?

below frigid

below frigid

Sort of looks like a spot where you pinched it long ago.

I

ir0nLung

mine are not 10 lb plants... they're more like 1-2 lb plants. its not necessarily the largest ones that are being affected either. i do appreciate the tree seal idea though! i'm going to try that tomorrow. man i just hope its not some crazy disease thats going to spread throughout the whole show...

Monster762

Monster762

mine are not 10 lb plants... they're more like 1-2 lb plants. its not necessarily the largest ones that are being affected either. i do appreciate the tree seal idea though! i'm going to try that tomorrow. man i just hope its not some crazy disease thats going to spread throughout the whole show...
1-2 lb plants are good sized. I've seen a bit of this on here and it usually leads back to a big strong plant. Like the hulk Burt sting out of tshirt. I would try the tree seal mentioned above n maybe back the steroids up a little. It usually is from too rapid of a growth rate. Your hitting it with steroids n throwing in a weight pit for hours a day its gonna blow up.

Monster762

Monster762

1-2 lb plants are good sized. I've seen a bit of this on here and it usually leads back to a big strong plant. Like the hulk Burt sting out of tshirt. I would try the tree seal mentioned above n maybe back the steroids up a little. It usually is from too rapid of a growth rate. Your hitting it with steroids n throwing in a weight pit for hours a day its gonna blow up.
As for some being this way but larger others not being this way every seed every plant is different. Reguardless if from the same batch or not

below frigid

below frigid

From Jorge's video it sounds like it is caused by how fast they grow, not overall size. Just speculating. If it's strain specific it could be genetics. I bred a Fruity Pebbles with Goji OG hoping to fix some of the less desirable traits in the FP. I only kept it around because the weed was so good. Did not work, the offspring are picky whiney plants just like the mom. Feed them they don't like it, starve them they don't like it. Going to try Cal Mag or Epsome Salt as it looks like a magnesium deficientcy.

Avalonian

Avalonian

If you think that the tension is critical, just "stab" the trunk below where the diameter is inferior. Let the knife/blade in the trunk until you see the "ball" created around, use grafting wax to seal the fresh wound around the blade.

I

ir0nLung

I think this may be caused by stem borers. I really appreciate the responses. I'm going to dissect the worst looking plant later today to confirm. I'll post pics and results subsequently.

Top Bottom