Stalled Out Seedling

• Thread starter GrowerPTown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowerPTown

My plant is about 2-2.5 inches tall and it looks like it’s dieing. I water it every day like twice bc the water can leak out the bottle easy. I’m growing in a hydroponic tent with a normal led and I put a fan in there and a heater next to it to keep it in the 70’s. I’m using orchid miracle grow potting mix because I have nothing use. I saw some guy talk about he did it once so I said why not. Idk if it’s dieing from water, light, heat or nutrients. Please help and do not comment negative or judge mental feed back because it’s just no help. Pictures below. Thanks

Stalled out seedling
Stalled out seedling 2
Stalled out seedling 3
Stalled out seedling 4
Monster762

Monster762

Plant looks to be barely opening up. Do you have air movement? And the soil is questionable. I ran mg cactus n palm n had good results but it fed too much nitrogen in flower. It worked though. How far away is that single t5? And clear is the worst container to plant in. You don’t want light hitting roots. Especially on new plant. You need to have fresh air moving through the tent. You have not given any fertilizers right? Don’t. Let it get going or you could kill it.

Monster762

Monster762

Plant looks to be barely opening up. Do you have air movement? And the soil is questionable. I ran mg cactus n palm n had good results but it fed too much nitrogen in flower. It worked though. How far away is that single t5? And clear is the worst container to plant in. You don’t want light hitting roots. Especially on new plant. You need to have fresh air moving through the tent. You have not given any fertilizers right? Don’t. Let it get going or you could kill it.
Oh and don’t overwater. Let it dry most of the way. If you start another plant use a solid color pot. One that won’t allow light in. I can’t say it’s dying yet. I’ve had them come up like that. Just do some reading. While it gets up n going. You running 24 hrs lights on or ?

G

GrowerPTown

Oh and don’t overwater. Let it dry most of the way. If you start another plant use a solid color pot. One that won’t allow light in. I can’t say it’s dying yet. I’ve had them come up like that. Just do some reading. While it gets up n going. You running 24 hrs lights on or ?
Im running 24 and I opened the bottle vents and the van is pointed up to push air out the top. I’ll make sure to use a different potting system on my next grow. Thanks for the help tho

Dunge

Dunge

Stop watering!
Think about it.
How much water can a cotyledon transpire?
A plant that size probably only uses a few drops of water a day.

And I'm concerned as to how you are going to get it out of that planter for transplant.
Yes, I believe it is alive and we all get to see it grow up.

Watch those two little true leaves closely.
If they don't grow, well you know.

G gnome

G gnome

Stop watering!
Think about it.

And I'm concerned as to how you are going to get it out of that planter for transplant.

Not that im supporting his container decision but he can cut it w scissors

chuey316

chuey316

One of my girls started off like that too. About 2 weeks in it still only had the very start of the 1st true leaves. My other 2 (same strain) where on their 3rd nodes. Decided to leave it in, and now it's within a couple nodes of it's (hopefully) sisters.

Just let the soil dry out, and give it a cap full or 2 of water a day around the stalk, giving it a little more, and working out away from the stalk as it starts to grow a bit.

I would at least cover the bottle with duct tape or something, until you transplant though. Algae needs 3 things to grow. Moisture, oxygen, and light. You're always going to have moisture, and oxygen, so you take away the light.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Poke a bunch of holes in the bottom of the cup
Wrap sides with tape
Miracle grow should be baked and crushed first
Plants like wet/dry cycles
Raise plant up to light more

M

motz

Stop watering!
Think about it.

Not that im supporting his container decision but he can cut it w scissors
Take a drill and drillbit to the container, put multiple 3/8" holes in it including the bottom
Check and see how cold the bottom of the container, I've been running heat with my babies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom