Standard MH to a pulse start Halide?

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Has anybody here added an ignitor to a standard MH to use CMH lamps? It looks as though not recommended by manufactures sites there is very little difference in ballast design. There was mention of voltage regulation on a few site, however, I am skeptical of this as they make reto-fit lamps to run in HPS ballasts. An ignitor costs only about $20. I have a abundance of MH ballasts. I want to run the Ceramics. I have seen the spectrum and I am convinced, they are the best lamp for veg and supplemental for flower. I think I will buy the ignitor this week. Any thoughts?

E

early

Wondering how this worked out for you?

I have been pondering that dilemma and a similar one as well.

I've got loads of 400 watt MH ballasts and have been wondering whether it is possible to add the appropriate capacitor and igniter to the transformer. I can get capacitors for 400 HPS for $8.50USD locally.

Any thoughts?

J

Jalisco Kid

I have friends who threw away their ceramics. They said they lost too much of their harvest because of them. JK

homebrew420

homebrew420

Still havent tried It. Going to pick up a 1000w hps soon and will throw a capacitor on the order we will see then. I will post results when its burning. Sorry guys.

W

washyskins

what about sunpulse lamps they are pulkse start what do yall think of them i love em!

Top Bottom