• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is the contact info for Frost kennels who provided attack dogs..
Frost Kennels
9038 Edison st
Louisville OH 44641
Phone: (330) 267-8014
Email: [email protected]

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Dog bites heal better than dead people with gunshot wounds.

https://www.google.com/#q=Dakota+Access+pipeline+company

Too many politicians with hands in cookie jars. I'd rather read a police report on the matter than a video clip that is heavy on politics, and I don't see any other accounts than this one.

I'm going to wait a bit before I judge the shit out of this story.

Good dog or bad dog?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter

Too many politicians with hands in cookie jars. I'd rather read a police report on the matter than a video clip that is heavy on politics, and I don't see any other accounts than this one.

Good dog or bad dog?
CRAZY HORSE'S MESSAGE
“Upon suffering beyond suffering; the Red Nation shall rise again and it shall be a blessing for a sick world. A worldfilled with broken promises, selfishness and separations. A world longing for light again. I see a time of seven generations when all the colors of mankind will gather under the sacred Tree of Life and the whole Earth will become one circle again. In that day there will be those among the Lakota who will carry knowledge and understanding of unity among all living things, and the young white ones will come to those of my people and ask for this wisdom. I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells. For when you are at that center within you and I am that place within me, we shall be as one." -Crazy Horse

This last vision of Crazy Horse’s was spoken in 1877, approximately seven generations ago.It was retold by Chief Joe Chasing Horse, a relative of Crazy Horse.He translated it from the words of the grandmother who w as present when the words were spoken, while Crazy Horse sat smoking the sacred pipe with Sitting Bull for the very last time, four days later he was slain

Dogs1111
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Important Message from Keeper of Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe. – Chief Arvol Looking Horse
https://ravenredbone.com/2016/08/27...-buffalo-calf-pipe-chief-arvol-looking-horse/
559004_10151859592981887_38088706_n.jpg

I, Chief Arvol Looking Horse, of the Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota Nations, ask you to understand an Indigenous perspective on what has happened in America, what we call “Turtle Island.” My words seek to unite the global community through a message from our sacred ceremonies to unite spiritually, each in our own ways of beliefs in the Creator.

We have been warned from ancient prophecies of these times we live in today, but have also been given a very important message about a solution to turn these terrible times.

To understand the depth of this message you must recognize the importance of Sacred Sites and realize the interconnectedness of what is happening today, in reflection of the continued massacres that are occurring on other lands and our own Americas.

I have been learning about these important issues since the age of 12 when I received the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe Bundle and its teachings. Our people have strived to protect Sacred Sites from the beginning of time. These places have been violated for centuries and have brought us to the predicament that we are in at the global level.

lookinghorse_-_white_buffalo_calf_pipe.jpg

Look around you. Our Mother Earth is very ill from these violations, and we are on the brink of destroying the possibility of a healthy and nurturing survival for generations to come, our children’s children.

Our ancestors have been trying to protect our Sacred Site called the Sacred Black Hills in South Dakota, “Heart of Everything That Is,” from continued violations. Our ancestors never saw a satellite view of this site, but now that those pictures are available, we see that it is in the shape of a heart and, when fast-forwarded, it looks like a heart pumping.

The Diné have been protecting Big Mountain, calling it the liver of the earth, and we are suffering and going to suffer more from the extraction of the coal there and the poisoning processes used in doing so.

The Aborigines have warned of the contaminating effects of global warming on the Coral Reefs, which they see as Mother Earth’s blood purifier.

The indigenous people of the rainforest say that the rainforests are the lungs of the planet and need protection.

The Gwich’in Nation in Alaska has had to face oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge coastal plain, also known to the Gwich’in as “Where life begins.”

The coastal plain is the birthplace of many life forms of the animal nations. The death of these animal nations will destroy indigenous nations in this territory.

As these destructive developments continue all over the world, we will witness many more extinct animal, plant, and human nations, because of mankind’s misuse of power and their lack of understanding of the “balance of life.”

The Indigenous people warn that these destructive developments will cause havoc globally. There are many, many more indigenous teachings and knowledge about Mother Earth’s Sacred Sites, her chakras, and connections to our spirit that will surely affect our future generations.

There needs to be a fast move toward other forms of energy that are safe for all nations upon Mother Earth. We need to understand the types of minds that are continuing to destroy the spirit of our whole global community. Unless we do this, the powers of destruction will overwhelm us.

Our Ancestors foretold that water would someday be for sale. Back then this was hard to believe, since the water was so plentiful, so pure, and so full of energy, nutrition and spirit. Today we have to buy pure water, and even then the nutritional minerals have been taken out; it’s just empty liquid. Someday water will be like gold, too expensive to afford.

Not everyone will have the right to drink safe water. We fail to appreciate and honor our Sacred Sites, ripping out the minerals and gifts that lay underneath them as if Mother Earth were simply a resource, instead of the source of life itself.

Attacking nations and using more resources to carry out destruction in the name of peace is not the answer! We need to understand how all these decisions affect the global nation; we will not be immune to its repercussions. Allowing continual contamination of our food and land is affecting the way we think.

A “disease of the mind” has set in world leaders and many members of our global community, with their belief that a solution of retaliation and destruction of peoples will bring peace.

In our prophecies it is told that we are now at the crossroads: Either unite spiritually as a global nation, or be faced with chaos, disasters, diseases, and tears from our relatives’ eyes.

We are the only species that is destroying the source of life, meaning Mother Earth, in the name of power, mineral resources, and ownership of land. Using chemicals and methods of warfare that are doing irreversible damage, as Mother Earth is becoming tired and cannot sustain any more impacts of war.

I ask you to join me on this endeavor. Our vision is for the peoples of all continents, regardless of their beliefs in the Creator, to come together as one at their Sacred Sites to pray and meditate and commune with one another, thus promoting an energy shift to heal our Mother Earth and achieve a universal consciousness toward attaining Peace.

As each day passes, I ask all nations to begin a global effort, and remember to give thanks for the sacred food that has been gifted to us by our Mother Earth, so the nutritional energy of medicine can be guided to heal our minds and spirits.

This new millennium will usher in an age of harmony or it will bring the end of life as we know it. Starvation, war, and toxic waste have been the hallmark of the great myth of progress and development that ruled the last millennium.

To us, as caretakers of the heart of Mother Earth, falls the responsibility of turning back the powers of destruction. You yourself are the one who must decide.

You alone – and only you – can make this crucial choice, to walk in honor or to dishonor your relatives. On your decision depends the fate of the entire World.

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.

Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in a time of such terrible danger?

Know that you yourself are essential to this world. Understand both the blessing and the burden of that. You yourself are desperately needed to save the soul of this world. Did you think you were put here for something less? In a Sacred Hoop of Life, there is no beginning and no ending.

Chief Arvol Looking Horse is the author ofWhite Buffalo Teachings. A tireless advocate of maintaining traditional spiritual practices, Chief Looking Horse is a member of Big Foot Riders, which memorializes the massacre of Big Foot’s band at Wounded Knee

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Native Americans identified a burial site where the bulldozers were working, as I understand it. They made court notification of the discovery late last week, the company got to bulldozing before legal notification could occur, thus allowing them to skirt NAGPRA (the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act). That's the legal footing and entanglement that's going on at this point, which doesn't really address the main issue of the pipeline.

NAGPRA is a fairly strict piece of legislation though, so it'll be interesting to see the legal wrangling, and my hope is that the NAGPRA violation wins out and they force the company to do all sorts of things before letting another dozer fire up to do anything other than load up on the trailer.

Fucking run-on sentences.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Damnit.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/us/dakota-access-pipeline/index.html

(CNN)A federal judge Friday denied a Native American tribe's request for a temporary restraining order to halt construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, further fueling an already volatile battle over the controversial project.

In his decision, U.S. District Judge James E. Boasberg wrote that the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe failed to show "it will suffer injury that would be prevented by any injunction the Court could issue."
The ruling comes one day after North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple activated the state National Guard "in the event they are needed to support law enforcement response efforts," according to a National Guard spokesman.
In a joint statement, however, the U.S. Justice and Interior departments and the Army acknowledged "important issues raised by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and other tribal nations." They asked the pipeline company to voluntarily halt construction while the Army reconsiders the decision to proceed under the National Environmental Policy Act or other federal laws.
"The Army will move expeditiously to make this determination, as everyone involved -- including the pipeline company and its workers -- deserves a clear and timely resolution," the statement said.
"In the interim, we request that the pipeline company voluntarily pause all construction activity within 20 miles east or west of Lake Oahe."
Dave Archambault II, chairman of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, told CNN affiliate KFYR that it will appeal.
"We're going to continue to (fight this battle) as long as it takes to try and have his nation recognize the injustices that are being implemented on our nation," he said.
One group of protesters, Red Warrior Camp, wrote on Facebook: "Nothing has changed for the 1000s of people who came from 1000s of miles on prayers & fumes to stop this pipeline. Stay peaceful without backing down."
Dakota Access Pipeline: What's at stake?
The tribe filed an emergency motion Sunday asking the court "to prevent further destruction of the tribe's sacred sites by Dakota Access Pipeline.
Boasberg wrote that the court "does not lightly countenance any depredation of lands that hold significance to the Standing Rock Sioux" and that it "scrutinizes the permitting process here with particular care."
"Having done so, the Court must nonetheless conclude that the Tribe has not demonstrated that an injunction is warranted here," the decision said.
The judge wrote that the Army Corps of Engineers "gave the Tribe a reasonable and good-faith opportunity to identify sites of importance to it."
The $3.7 billion project, which would span four states, has led to heated, sometimes violent protests.
Proponents say the project could be an economic boon for the region and potentially change the landscape of the US crude oil supply.
Those seeking to halt construction warn of an environmental disaster that would destroy sacred Native American sites.
[more at link]
**The sheriff's department also said two guard dogs were injured.

robomont

robomont

they cant guard a pipeline forever,cost them now and cost them later,they only understand financial loss,makem feel the pain at every move.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Important Message from Keeper of Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe. – Chief Arvol Looking Horse
https://ravenredbone.com/2016/08/27...-buffalo-calf-pipe-chief-arvol-looking-horse/
559004_10151859592981887_38088706_n.jpg

I, Chief Arvol Looking Horse, of the Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota Nations, ask you to understand an Indigenous perspective on what has happened in America, what we call “Turtle Island.” My words seek to unite the global community through a message from our sacred ceremonies to unite spiritually, each in our own ways of beliefs in the Creator.

We have been warned from ancient prophecies of these times we live in today, but have also been given a very important message about a solution to turn these terrible times.

To understand the depth of this message you must recognize the importance of Sacred Sites and realize the interconnectedness of what is happening today, in reflection of the continued massacres that are occurring on other lands and our own Americas.

I have been learning about these important issues since the age of 12 when I received the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe Bundle and its teachings. Our people have strived to protect Sacred Sites from the beginning of time. These places have been violated for centuries and have brought us to the predicament that we are in at the global level.

lookinghorse_-_white_buffalo_calf_pipe.jpg

Look around you. Our Mother Earth is very ill from these violations, and we are on the brink of destroying the possibility of a healthy and nurturing survival for generations to come, our children’s children.

Our ancestors have been trying to protect our Sacred Site called the Sacred Black Hills in South Dakota, “Heart of Everything That Is,” from continued violations. Our ancestors never saw a satellite view of this site, but now that those pictures are available, we see that it is in the shape of a heart and, when fast-forwarded, it looks like a heart pumping.

The Diné have been protecting Big Mountain, calling it the liver of the earth, and we are suffering and going to suffer more from the extraction of the coal there and the poisoning processes used in doing so.

The Aborigines have warned of the contaminating effects of global warming on the Coral Reefs, which they see as Mother Earth’s blood purifier.

The indigenous people of the rainforest say that the rainforests are the lungs of the planet and need protection.

The Gwich’in Nation in Alaska has had to face oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge coastal plain, also known to the Gwich’in as “Where life begins.”

The coastal plain is the birthplace of many life forms of the animal nations. The death of these animal nations will destroy indigenous nations in this territory.

As these destructive developments continue all over the world, we will witness many more extinct animal, plant, and human nations, because of mankind’s misuse of power and their lack of understanding of the “balance of life.”

The Indigenous people warn that these destructive developments will cause havoc globally. There are many, many more indigenous teachings and knowledge about Mother Earth’s Sacred Sites, her chakras, and connections to our spirit that will surely affect our future generations.

There needs to be a fast move toward other forms of energy that are safe for all nations upon Mother Earth. We need to understand the types of minds that are continuing to destroy the spirit of our whole global community. Unless we do this, the powers of destruction will overwhelm us.

Our Ancestors foretold that water would someday be for sale. Back then this was hard to believe, since the water was so plentiful, so pure, and so full of energy, nutrition and spirit. Today we have to buy pure water, and even then the nutritional minerals have been taken out; it’s just empty liquid. Someday water will be like gold, too expensive to afford.

Not everyone will have the right to drink safe water. We fail to appreciate and honor our Sacred Sites, ripping out the minerals and gifts that lay underneath them as if Mother Earth were simply a resource, instead of the source of life itself.

Attacking nations and using more resources to carry out destruction in the name of peace is not the answer! We need to understand how all these decisions affect the global nation; we will not be immune to its repercussions. Allowing continual contamination of our food and land is affecting the way we think.

A “disease of the mind” has set in world leaders and many members of our global community, with their belief that a solution of retaliation and destruction of peoples will bring peace.

In our prophecies it is told that we are now at the crossroads: Either unite spiritually as a global nation, or be faced with chaos, disasters, diseases, and tears from our relatives’ eyes.

We are the only species that is destroying the source of life, meaning Mother Earth, in the name of power, mineral resources, and ownership of land. Using chemicals and methods of warfare that are doing irreversible damage, as Mother Earth is becoming tired and cannot sustain any more impacts of war.

I ask you to join me on this endeavor. Our vision is for the peoples of all continents, regardless of their beliefs in the Creator, to come together as one at their Sacred Sites to pray and meditate and commune with one another, thus promoting an energy shift to heal our Mother Earth and achieve a universal consciousness toward attaining Peace.

As each day passes, I ask all nations to begin a global effort, and remember to give thanks for the sacred food that has been gifted to us by our Mother Earth, so the nutritional energy of medicine can be guided to heal our minds and spirits.

This new millennium will usher in an age of harmony or it will bring the end of life as we know it. Starvation, war, and toxic waste have been the hallmark of the great myth of progress and development that ruled the last millennium.

To us, as caretakers of the heart of Mother Earth, falls the responsibility of turning back the powers of destruction. You yourself are the one who must decide.

You alone – and only you – can make this crucial choice, to walk in honor or to dishonor your relatives. On your decision depends the fate of the entire World.

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.

Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in a time of such terrible danger?

Know that you yourself are essential to this world. Understand both the blessing and the burden of that. You yourself are desperately needed to save the soul of this world. Did you think you were put here for something less? In a Sacred Hoop of Life, there is no beginning and no ending.

Chief Arvol Looking Horse is the author ofWhite Buffalo Teachings. A tireless advocate of maintaining traditional spiritual practices, Chief Looking Horse is a member of Big Foot Riders, which memorializes the massacre of Big Foot’s band at Wounded Knee
Mitakuye Oyasin "We are all related" when will Uncle Sam figure this out. My Lakota brothers have taken a lickin from the feds but they dont give up. This type of abuse hurts my soul. I have been following this for some time now. The right to protest is one right that has been diminishing since the Kent State massacre. The Feds sent a message that day wrapped in 100 plus rounds of ammo. amidst a bunch of kids with signs bottles and rocks. Whole sale murder. I'm going to shut up now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

robomont

robomont

i cant prove it but i grew up with some twins that were lakota.they seemed to be the right age to have been adopted out from the massacre in the 70s by the feds.really great girls.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

Good dog or bad dog?
@LocalGrowGuy are you kidding me? Gonna wait a bit............. Maybe you need to brush up on your history lessons, and not the ones you were taught in public school. If I come across as passionate well damn I am. How much more abuse can a people take bro. Let me guess, heck they are all just a bunch of drunk injuns right? Spending your money in their casinos??? Shit man their culture isn't immune to corruption and abuse just like the white folks system. Yea the casinos make a shit ton of money but the ones on the Rez that really need help dont get any of that money. Sound familiar, just like the good old USA power structure.

And you would believe a police report??? Surely you jest. Wow, Oh thats right cops dont lie......... LMAO

My people have been waiting since the 1800's for the Federal Gov to hold true to their promises and treaties. And not a 1 has been honored or respected. Money/greed rules this nation and dont let anyone get in the way of that. Or there will be hell to pay. We as a nation are spiritually sick and it gets worse all the time. I believe we have all lost our way and that includes everyone from the bottom up including the White House. Democracy be damned!!!! We as a nation and the world actually have a long history of taking advantage of indigenous peoples and weaker cultures. If there is a resource to be found on their land you can bet your bottom dollar that nothing with stand in the way of multinationals getting what they want at any cost. There will be a day of reckoning you can be sure of that. I'm sorry but this shit hits too close to home. :cry:
:cry::cry: Pilameye Mitakuye Oyasin

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
water_warriors_profile-dapl-lucas_reynolds.jpg

Lucas Reynolds
Three federal agencies immediately intervened Friday to stop construction on the Dakota Access pipeline after a federal judge denied the Standing Rock Sioux's request for an injunction to halt the pipeline.

Editor’s Note: This story was revised at 7 pm EST to include a statement from Archambault.

Shortly after federal Judge James Boasberg denied the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe’s request for an injunction against the Dakota Access oil pipeline, the U.S. Department of the Interior, Department of Justice and Army Corps of Engineers issued a joint statement that, in effect, temporarily halts all construction bordering Lake Oahe on the Missouri.

The tribe had sought an injunction to stop the routing of the Dakota Access oil pipeline underneath the Missouri River, the source of the reservation’s drinking water, on the grounds that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers had failed to conduct a proper environmental and cultural impact study. While acknowledging that damage had been done to an area sacred to the tribe, Boasberg said that the tribe had not made its case for an injunction.

“This Court does not lightly countenance any depredation of lands that hold significance to the Standing Rock Sioux,” Boasberg concluded at the end of a 58-page ruling. “Aware of the indignities visited upon the Tribe over the last centuries, the Court scrutinizes the permitting process here with particular care. Having done so, the Court must nonetheless conclude that the Tribe has not demonstrated that an injunction is warranted here. The Court, therefore, will issue a contemporaneous Order denying the Plaintiffs’ Motion for Preliminary Injunction.”

The judge acknowledged the complexity of the case at several points in his decision, which was based on how federal law, consultation and permitting all come to affect lands of varying levels of legally-defined historic significance.

Shortly after Judge Boasberg’s decision, the three government agencies stepped in, suggesting that a change in process may be in order when it comes to how the courts and federal law view Indian land.

“We appreciate the District Court’s opinion on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act,” the joint announcement stated. “However, important issues raised by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and other tribal nations and their members regarding the Dakota Access pipeline specifically, and pipeline-related decision-making generally, remain.”

The agencies called for “serious discussion on whether there should be nationwide reform with respect to considering tribes’ views on these types of infrastructure projects.” The statement announced “formal, government-to-government consultations” this fall that would examine what the federal government can do “to ensure meaningful tribal input into infrastructure-related reviews and decisions and the protection of tribal lands, resources, and treaty rights,” and whether new legislation was needed to meet the goal of meaningful consultation.

The agencies outlined several steps to address the issues raised by the Standing Rock Sioux in its July 27 lawsuit against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ approval of the $3.8 billion, 1,172-mile-long pipeline.

“The Army will not authorize constructing the Dakota Access pipeline on Corps land bordering or under Lake Oahe until it can determine whether it will need to reconsider any of its previous decisions regarding the Lake Oahe site under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) or other federal laws,” the statement said. “Therefore, construction of the pipeline on Army Corps land bordering or under Lake Oahe will not go forward at this time. The Army will move expeditiously to make this determination, as everyone involved—including the pipeline company and its workers—deserves a clear and timely resolution. In the interim, we request that the pipeline company voluntarily pause all construction activity within 20 miles east or west of Lake Oahe.”

Standing Rock had sued the Corps on July 27 alleging violations of several federal laws, including the Clean Water Act, the National Historic Protection Act and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), in its approval of the permits.

Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II expressed elation and gratitude.

“Our hearts are full. This an historic day for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and for tribes across the nation,” Archambault said in a statement. “Today, three federal agencies announced the significant decision to respect tribal sovereignty and stop construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline on Army Corps land."

While noting that the fight to stop the pipeline's progress through Treaty lands was not over, he said that at least the tribe would get a fair hearing.

“Our voices have been heard,” said Archambault. “The Obama administration has asked tribes to the table to make sure that we have meaningful consultation on infrastructure projects. Native peoples have suffered generations of broken promises and today the federal government said that national reform is needed to better ensure that tribes have a voice on infrastructure projects like this pipeline.

“I walk through the camps and I am filled with gratitude for the love and care that thousands have shown in this fight,” he said. “I want to share with supporters that we at Standing Rock are thankful. We are blessed by your continued support. Let us remain in peace and solidarity as we work to permanently protect our water.”

In its closing paragraph, the statement by Interior, Justice and ACOE called for a calm and peaceful resolution.

“Finally, we fully support the rights of all Americans to assemble and speak freely,” the statement said. “In recent days, we have seen thousands of demonstrators come together peacefully, with support from scores of sovereign tribal governments, to exercise their First Amendment rights and to voice heartfelt concerns about the environment and historic, sacred sites. It is now incumbent on all of us to develop a path forward that serves the broadest public

Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/09/09/dakota-access-construction-shut-down-near-standing-rock-army-corps-doj-doi-165743?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=article&utm_campaign=beyondoil
Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/09/09/dakota-access-construction-shut-down-near-standing-rock-army-corps-doj-doi-165743?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=article&utm_campaign=beyondoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom