Star cookies continue to show Deficiencies. Don’t want to burn. Help?

• Thread starter Sams0n
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sams0n

Sams0n

I do not want to burn. Wanted to consult before my next move. This is my second grow, and I’ve learned less is more. So I’ve been feeding off of new earths veg feeding schedule posted below in the green box. Growing in happy frog. So I’ve depleted the supply that was in soil. I e been feeding about every other watering. So about every 4 to 5 days. It isn’t burning but it isn’t helping either. I’ve had success with this regimen in the past, on multiple strains, so idk what I’m doing wrong. Granted I did alow it to go without once I noticed the soil nutes were depleted, I fed it wrong ph apparently because leaf tips turned down, I fixed it but that was almost 2 weeks ago.

My questions are.

1. What am I deficient in. (If multiple plz lmk)

2.How do I correct it. (Using the nutes I have)

3.how do I avoid this in the future. (Regarding the transition from happy frog to switching to organic nutes)
Star cookies continue to show deficiencies dont want to burn help 2

Star cookies continue to show deficiencies dont want to burn help
Star cookies continue to show deficiencies dont want to burn help 3
Star cookies continue to show deficiencies dont want to burn help 4
Star cookies continue to show deficiencies dont want to burn help 5
Star cookies continue to show deficiencies dont want to burn help 6
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Are u checkin the pH and do you think are you watering enough? the thermo says hot and dry...

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Check your Ph levels, but if possible, check you nutrient levels in both the soil as well as any outflow from watering. Happy Frog already has a lot of nutrients, and P and K are usually harder to use up in soil. Combined with your new fertilizer, I am thinking you are suffering from too much P or K. Sometimes the excess nutrients accumulate and then begin to react with other materials in the soil. A lot of Phosphorus along with a lot of Calcium, in the right Ph range, combines to make Calcium Phosphate... a mineral that locks up both nutrients and makes them not available to the plant. In summary, too much nutrients can create nutrient deficiencies. This is why I think it is important to get an idea of your current nutrient level, otherwise you are throwing darts and hoping to hit a bullseye.
FWIW, in my opinion, I think you are seeing a nutrient lockout from too much nutrients and possibly a skewed Ph. Nutrient test kits are $15 on Ebay and Ph test kits are even cheaper. The electronic PPM/Nutrient meters don't really give you much good info, since salts of any kind as well as minerals can register as a high PPM. Make the 1 time investment in better testing kits and you will benefit quickly as well as have a good overall idea of your growing mediums condition.

growsince79

growsince79

Puffy and droopy leaves look like overwatered/ poor drainage root problem.

Sams0n

Sams0n

Are u checkin the pH and do you think are you watering enough? the thermo says hot and dry...
ph is always between 6 and 6.5. as to watering, It went underwatered for a while but its been getting normal waterings about once every 3 days for about 2 weeks now, when the pot gets light. and it is usually hot and dry.

Last edited:
Sams0n

Sams0n

Check your Ph levels, but if possible, check you nutrient levels in both the soil as well as any outflow from watering. Happy Frog already has a lot of nutrients, and P and K are usually harder to use up in soil. Combined with your new fertilizer, I am thinking you are suffering from too much P or K. Sometimes the excess nutrients accumulate and then begin to react with other materials in the soil. A lot of Phosphorus along with a lot of Calcium, in the right Ph range, combines to make Calcium Phosphate... a mineral that locks up both nutrients and makes them not available to the plant. In summary, too much nutrients can create nutrient deficiencies. This is why I think it is important to get an idea of your current nutrient level, otherwise you are throwing darts and hoping to hit a bullseye.
FWIW, in my opinion, I think you are seeing a nutrient lockout from too much nutrients and possibly a skewed Ph. Nutrient test kits are $15 on Ebay and Ph test kits are even cheaper. The electronic PPM/Nutrient meters don't really give you much good info, since salts of any kind as well as minerals can register as a high PPM. Make the 1 time investment in better testing kits and you will benefit quickly as well as have a good overall idea of your growing mediums condition.

Well, my ph pen is calibrated correctly, been using it for a month now, and i do not have a ppm meter atm, but i do have a nutrient soil test kit. And i'm not so sure about your "too much nutrient theory". I checked my calandar log and ive fed them nutes only twice in the past 2 weeks. and 3 times total, theyve been in the happy frog since the first week of september. But i'll test the soil this evening and get back to you with the results.

Sams0n

Sams0n

Puffy and droopy leaves look like overwatered/ poor drainage root problem.
I understand the leaves look puffy and droopy, but do they not look the same when they are underwatered. I doubt they are over watered, or there's a root problem. You see in the picture i have fabric pots. my RH is usually really low, I'm constantly getting it higher to around 50%. I don't water often.not this plant or this tent for that matter.

Top Bottom