Star Ryder Grow! Let's Do This Right!

• Thread starter Bashar Assad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Decided to set up my 60watt blue and white led in my tent seeing as I have the room and it's not in use. The blue light and the fact that it's 6500k should be good for the vegatative stage yea?

20150906 214611
20150906 214615
Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Hey all!

Well long time no update! Thought I'd let yall know what's going on with my gals!

Well as of yesterday my two little star ryders are covered in pistils, ice white beautiful long pistils! I can't believe I'm actually doing this so well! Like this is my first time growing any kind of plant and like everything has gone perfectly!

I've switched from sensi grow to sensi bloom. I can definatetly say that I prefer the sensi by far over the g/b/m. My plants just seen to thrive on it.

I just got my hanna grotek meter in the mail and I must say it is the single most useful piece of equipment I've bought. Setting up my reservoir for the bloom phase was a snap, only took me 20 mins. First I emptied the veg nut water from the rest and then flushes out everything with two gallons of water for about 10 min. Once that was empty I added 3 gallons of water to the reservoir and added 30ml of both sensi bloom a and b. The resulting tds was 932ppm and the ph is 5.68. The reservoirs temp is a constant 62.4*F. And I have 30 lpm of oxygen being pumped in via 3 pumps connected to 4 Air stones.

Now I just have one question. What should the watering schedule be for the bloom phase. Right now I'm at one 30 min watering every 6 hours. I was thinking that I'd reduce this to two 30 min watering s every 12 hours. Suggestions?

Anyways pics to come!

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Well it's been a while since my last update, but I've finally pried myself away from my tent to post on what's been going on!

My babies have been in the bloom phase since approx. Sept 24th and wow its only the 5th of October and they're way different than they used to be! In just 12 days they've gone from little leafy shrubs to budded out giants, especially one of them.

So just a bit on my changes to the tent set up for the bloom phase. For lights I'm using one 300w 6 band/ir/uv/12k lumen led, two 300w red band leds, and a 150w 670nm red band led. Ad well as 3 65watt 2700k 3600 lumen cfl's which I will add 3 55watt 3000 lumen 2700k cfl's to within a few days. And within 2 weeks I'll be using another 6 55w 2700k cfl's added to that. For a total of 12 cfl's.

Also I'm running a bit of an experiment with my two plants. One is getting about 450watts of light energy from above ànd with the other plant is getting 300watt of light from above but I hung 2 led panels facing the sides of it as well as two 65watt cfl's on the side. So that plant gets light from 360°. And all I can say is wow! What difference it makes, it's nearly in twice as big and has about 3 times the amount of size on its main kola. I'll upload pics of my tent but since using horizontal lighting it's exploded in growth compared to the other plant. Also woth all these leds and cfls I'm still managing to keep a canopy temp of 74-75°F which is awesome considering the lights are about 9" away from the plants. I did this by ducting my ac intake to blow directly between the canopy and the lights with some ducting pieces.

As for my reservoir, it's totally revamped. I switched to using a 20 liter rubbermaid tote which I fill with about 17l of nutrient solution. In the tote I run two 25L capacity water chillers w/100lph pumps to keep the water temp low. For Oxygenation I run one 100 gallon air pump connected To two 4"x1" stones, one 10 gallon air pump Connected To A 4"x.5" Stone and a dual outlet 8lpm pump connected to two 1"x1" stones. I use a hanna grochek continuous tds/ph/ppm/temp meter for tote measurements. And run a 450gph pump to the tent for watering.

Right now my totes measurements are, ph 5.89, tds 1246ppm and temp 66.8°F. Pretty awesome I can get them all with the press of a button.

My nutrients have also been changed up a lot since last post. Now I'm using as follows....

AN sensi bloom A & B
AN humic and fulmic acid
AN b52
AN bud candy
AN hammer head
AN big bud
AN carboload

I'll be using flawless finish when I'm at the final week of bloom.

Anyways that's about it I'll post pics. Tell me what you all think.

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Another update! Short one this time but I thought I'd share.

After talking with a friend of mine who used to grow for many many a year and showing him some pics of my plants and telling him about where they're at at development he told me to lean all the side buds. So o read up on the technique in one of my bibles and now on two plants o have a total of nine side buds positioned horizontally!

Top Bottom